Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton to I.R. - Bengals sign Tom Savage
(11-26-2018, 06:39 PM)jj22 Wrote: It just wasn't the Bengals year.
It hasn't been since 1988, that's why we are screaming for change Marvin! I mean jjj22 Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 02:41 AM)Go Cards Wrote: #@$% Kaepernick

Plus he is not out of a job because he took a stand.

Many NFL players made the same stand and still are employed.

I heard it’s because he couldn’t fit that ridiculous hair under a helmet.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 06:49 PM)MentalRage Wrote: I'm ready to move on from Andy at this point but im going to laugh at all the Driskel lovers when he plays like ass for the rest of the season.

Lmao yeah!!  Just like the Brady lovers when Drew Bledsoe got hurt!! Ha.. Ha... Umm
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 10:30 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: The O-line or AJ being out is just excuses other teams have the same issues and overcome them. I think after the next 5 games we will have a lot better picture of what we need in the draft and what the team will look like next year.

Well...if the season ended now we'd pick 10th or 11th..I'm not sure ,but I just don't see a knock it out of the park draft under any circumstances ..It's just not in our DNA. I see yet another WR who sits for a season first, perhaps a corner 2nd, a never will be LB 3rd, and the rest undraftable guys drafted.. Sound about right? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 01:31 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I think he has more heart than you give him credit for. 

....and I think throwing punches at JAX was just the first outward sign if his disgust with this bumbling shit show. Heart and protecting your assets is two different things. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 01:34 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Kaepernick has a damn good last run of games with a terrible 9er’s team.  He presents far more of a challenge than bums like Savage, Peterman, Barkley, Beathard, Mullens, any Jags QB, Eli, etc.   Kaepernick is no world beater, but he was a serviceable NFL starter and would make a very good backup for almost all teams.  The only reason he’s not still earning a paycheck is because he took a stand.

Nah....he balked at offers for backup money. He got benched for Blaine Gabbert BEFORE he took a stand. He's pretty good at throwing splitters in the dirt though.. .too bad it's not MLB I guess.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 01:35 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Gonna have to wait a few years.  The kid from Duke looks promising.

Two years at least. It's going to take that long for this piece of shit team to resemble a contender anyway....perfect timing.

He looks pretty good, yeah, if they draft him, they'd be smart to sit him until a new staff and the team improves.....oh, who am I kidding? This is Son of Paul. ***** Merv should have been fired at halftime, yet here we are.....

Reply/Quote
Welp..... this is my queue officially move onto the draft forums.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 08:54 AM)Wyche Wrote: Nah....he balked at offers for backup money. He got benched for Blaine Gabbert BEFORE he took a stand. He's pretty good at throwing splitters in the dirt though.. .too bad it's not MLB I guess.

All the Kaeperdick defenders just want to believe he's not in the league "because he took a stand"...… as if a team scrambling for a good quarterback would really care. Hell, there are teams all over, in liberal parts of the country like Seattle, etc., who's fanbase would just gush all over him. The plain fact is, he can't play at this level anymore, he sucks. If he were still any good, he would have a job.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 09:07 AM)Sled21 Wrote: All the Kaeperdick defenders just want to believe he's not in the league "because he took a stand"...… as if a team scrambling for a good quarterback would really care. Hell, there are teams all over, in liberal parts of the country like Seattle, etc., who's fanbase would just gush all over him. The plain fact is, he can't play at this level anymore, he sucks. If he were still any good, he would have a job.

Exactly, Eric Reid is playing, the dude he fought in Philly over this stuff .... can't place his name right now, Jenkins?, a host of others. Guys who led strikes were welcomed back FFS. He's a gimmick that got figured out, but he wants champagne money to be a Natty Light talent. I'd wager a few teams would kick the tires if he'd lower the asking price.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 11:03 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Im going to laugh at andy lovers when driskel shows hes better

Im not a Dalton lover. It's time to move on. But I'll bet you Driskel doesn't look better. I'll bet he throws at least 3 interceptions.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 04:53 AM)bengalhoel Wrote: Lmao yeah!!  Just like the Brady lovers when Drew Bledsoe got hurt!! Ha.. Ha... Umm

The backup QB is always the most popular player on the team. 

Also Brady is the exception not the norm. I'll root like hell for Driskel though. Just to make it clear I think it's time to move on from Andy, but you and others dislike him so much that you've actually convinced yourselves that Jeff freakin Driskel is a good quarterback.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 10:54 AM)MentalRage Wrote: The backup QB is always the most popular player on the team. 

Also Brady is the exception not the norm. I'll root like hell for Driskel though. Just to make it clear I think it's time to move on from Andy, but you and others dislike him so much that you've actually convinced yourselves that Jeff freakin Driskel is a good quarterback.

I've been a huge Andy supporter, and the guy is a great QB and will likely start elsewhere and do well. It's time for fresh blood, and utilizing these last five games to get a good gauge on Driskel is a good thing. I don't know if he will be good or not, but he has a lot of physical skills that Andy didn't, and he's had time to work in between the ears. It will be more clear at the end of the year. If we win, it's likely going to be with him because you know this defense isn't going to bail him out. 
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 11:06 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I've been a huge Andy supporter, and the guy is a great QB and will likely start elsewhere and do well. It's time for fresh blood, and utilizing these last five games to get a good gauge on Driskel is a good thing. I don't know if he will be good or not, but he has a lot of physical skills that Andy didn't, and he's had time to work in between the ears. It will be more clear at the end of the year. If we win, it's likely going to be with him because you know this defense isn't going to bail him out. 

and if he wins I'll have no problem eating my words and admitting that I was wrong about him. In fact I'd love if he does. I really do. 
Reply/Quote
Man I wish Cardale Jones was available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 10:45 AM)MentalRage Wrote: Im not a Dalton lover. It's time to move on. But I'll bet you Driskel doesn't look better. I'll bet he throws at least 3 interceptions.

INTs were a problem for him his last season at Florida....in fact the play he broke his leg on was a pick 6 the year prior.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 09:07 AM)Sled21 Wrote: All the Kaeperdick defenders just want to believe he's not in the league "because he took a stand"...… as if a team scrambling for a good quarterback would really care. Hell, there are teams all over, in liberal parts of the country like Seattle, etc., who's fanbase would just gush all over him. The plain fact is, he can't play at this level anymore, he sucks. If he were still any good, he would have a job.

Actually he did come here, Seattle, and have tryout. They quickly dismissed him.... 
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 04:53 AM)bengalhoel Wrote: Lmao yeah!!  Just like the Brady lovers when Drew Bledsoe got hurt!! Ha.. Ha... Umm

Exactly.  Driskel could be the next Tom Brady, and if he isn't then Tom Savage could be the next Tom Brady.  I'm a little upset we cut Logan Woodside, since he could be the next Tom Brady.  Also, we might be able to get Matt Barkley back from the Bills just in case he's the next Tom Brady.

Remember when the Browns started like 30 QBs over the past 20 years?  Every time they started a new QB I was like "Oh crap, here comes the next Tom Brady."
Reply/Quote

The NFL is owned and run by billionaires who want to continue making millions per year. The owners are all billionaires. All concerns are secondary to the ability to profit. Signing Kaepernick creates backlash and decreases earnings potential. Owners ain’t doing it. Its why bums like Tom Savage and Peterman have jobs. They suck, but don’t rock the boat.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 01:56 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: The NFL is owned and run by billionaires who want to continue making millions per year.  The owners are all billionaires.  All concerns are secondary to the ability to profit.  Signing Kaepernick creates backlash and decreases earnings potential. Owners ain’t doing it.  Its why bums like Tom Savage and Peterman have jobs.  They suck, but don’t rock the boat.

Bull. Like I said, there are areas of the country that would gush all over having him, and league wide, it would be a blip on the radar if he got signed that would quickly be forgotten. He sucks. He can't play anymore. He is underweight. His arm is dead. His supporters need to move on from what he was, and realize what he is. A has been....
Reply/Quote