Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalvin Cook
Reports are he could possibly be cut. I wouldn’t trade for him bc I don’t want that contract, but if he’s cut and we can get him to a decent deal I would 100% sing him and cut Joe, and draft an rb in rounds 3-4.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2023, 01:53 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Reports are he could possibly be cut. I wouldn’t trade for him bc I don’t want that contract, but if he’s cut and we can get him to a decent deal I would 100% sing him and cut Joe, and draft an rb in rounds 3-4.

If they cut Mixon that’s 5 mil down the drain then Dalvin is making 12 million and they are possibly absorbing some of Jonah’s salary on a trade they are finalizing. Don’t see it.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2023, 01:58 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: If they cut Mixon that’s 5 mil down the drain then Dalvin is making 12 million and they are possibly absorbing some of Jonah’s salary on a trade they are finalizing. Don’t see it.

Are you hinting at a Jonah trade being done in the near future?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2023, 02:53 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Are you hinting at a Jonah trade being done in the near future?

Yes
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2023, 04:06 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Yes

Got any more details?

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2023, 01:58 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: If they cut Mixon that’s 5 mil down the drain...

If they dont cut Mixon, that's 26 million wasted on a mediocre RB when the team could save a little over 20 million by getting rid of him. 

You either take the loss of 2.75 million the next two seasons or you keep Mixon and shell out an even bigger 26 million.  At this point I think you take your loss  before you spend even more money and take an even bigger hit.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2023, 06:28 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: If they dont cut Mixon, that's 26 million wasted on a mediocre RB when the team could save a little over 20 million by getting rid of him. 

You either take the loss of 2.75 million the next two seasons or you keep Mixon and shell out an even bigger 26 million.  At this point I think you take your loss  before you spend even more money and take an even bigger hit.

They’ll make the decision this coming season based on what guarantees them the best chance to win games.Next year the financial restraints are more pressing and much less severe. If they needed the money he’d already been gone.

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2023, 06:39 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: They’ll make the decision this coming season based on what guarantees them the best chance to win games.Next year the financial restraints are more pressing and much less severe. If they needed the money he’d already been gone.

I would guess the reason he isnt gone already is because they dont have anyone to replace him with.  I think this could change after the draft.   Im sure its not an easy decision to just throw 5.5 million away but if you keep him the next two years you spend 26 million. 
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2023, 06:47 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I would guess the reason he isnt gone already is because they dont have anyone to replace him with.  I think this could change after the draft.   Im sure its not an easy decision to just throw 5.5 million away but if you keep him the next two years you spend 26 million. 

They won’t honor the amount on the books. Maybe not this year. But for sure next year

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2023, 06:47 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I would guess the reason he isnt gone already is because they dont have anyone to replace him with.  I think this could change after the draft.   Im sure its not an easy decision to just throw 5.5 million away but if you keep him the next two years you spend 26 million. 

You do understand we can keep him this year & cut/restructure him next year, right? Why do you keep throwing that $26 mil number around. 

I think the much more likely scenario is we keep him this year, restructure or not. We draft/sign a FA RB to replace Perine. A FA will be a Perine replacement, a pick could be a future Mixon replacement, but unless it's Bijan, we won't release Mixon until we are sure. Pick will have to prove it this season. If we draft/sign 2 RBs, I think Evans is more likely gone than Mixon, especially if one is a scatback type. 
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2023, 04:06 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Yes

You real name isn't Zim, is it? 

Will we be happy with said rumored trade, do you think? If you know anything about the rumored return. 
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2023, 12:31 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: You do understand we can keep him this year & cut/restructure him next year, right? Why do you keep throwing that $26 mil number around. 

I think the much more likely scenario is we keep him this year, restructure or not. We draft/sign a FA RB to replace Perine. A FA will be a Perine replacement, a pick could be a future Mixon replacement, but unless it's Bijan, we won't release Mixon until we are sure. Pick will have to prove it this season. If we draft/sign 2 RBs, I think Evans is more likely gone than Mixon, especially if one is a scatback type. 

This x 1000

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2023, 12:31 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: You do understand we can keep him this year & cut/restructure him next year, right? Why do you keep throwing that $26 mil number around. 

We still need to restructure Mixon's contract after the moves you speak of at RB and that is BEFORE THIS SEASON.

We need money now for all our extensions, Mixon will make the call on if he wants a restructure after the Draft or to move on.

Why wait and keep Mixon around for all this money this year when we need the money now and he cannot pass protect or seems unwilling?

To the OP, sure, I would be for designating Mixon a June 1st cut and picking up Dalvin if it doesn't cost us a ton. Dalvin is worth the dough.

Dalvin can pass protect.
Reply/Quote
Looks like the release is imminent.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2023, 12:00 AM)samhain Wrote: Looks like the release is imminent.

OF Dalvin or Joe?    Yes that was a serious question....
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2023, 01:00 AM)Stewy Wrote: OF Dalvin or Joe?    Yes that was a serious question....

Of Dalvin.
Reply/Quote
Frankly, I do not see us having the $$$ unless Cook will play for what we can save by cutting Mixon, $10 mil.

Further, I do not think we want to commit big money to the RB long term, so he'd have to be willing to take a 1 year deal. I doubt he does that, as there should be better deals out there, for a player of his quality.

Then again, no one is jumping on Ekeler, either. It is worth a call, for sure. He is an upgrade on Mixon, for sure.
Reply/Quote
I really like Dalvin Cook as a player, but keep in mind that he's missed at least 24 games (not counting playoffs) due to injury. 2022 is the first year that he's ever completed a season without missing any games, and his averages were below his career numbers. I can't really see the team forking over huge money to a highly talented, yet often injured RB who is already showing signs of slowing down from injury accumulation.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The Bengals absolutely need to reach out and see if Cook would be interested. Yes, he has been banged up but with the ball in his hands he is more of a threat than Mixon has ever been.

He adds a dynamic that defenses have to account for

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2023, 05:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We still need to restructure Mixon's contract after the moves you speak of at RB and that is BEFORE THIS SEASON.

We need money now for all our extensions, Mixon will make the call on if he wants a restructure after the Draft or to move on.

Why wait and keep Mixon around for all this money this year when we need the money now and he cannot pass protect or seems unwilling?

To the OP, sure, I would be for designating Mixon a June 1st cut and picking up Dalvin if it doesn't cost us a ton. Dalvin is worth the dough.

Dalvin can pass protect.

I think we can get Burrow & Higgins extended easily with what we have. Wilson would be close, and we wouod likely be real close to the cap. 

Though I hear Collins' contract could provide some breathing room if he is not active on gamedays to start? 
Reply/Quote