Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damion Willis Waived
(08-25-2020, 05:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Among the 65 WRs last year who had at least 40 catches. Tate was dead last (65th) in catch percentage, and 53rd in yards per target.  96 other WRs had more td receptions. The only reason he was even on the field was because of injuries.

Now do Willis 
Reply/Quote
Not high on this move. I didn't expect Willis to make the final roster, but I would have expected that he be kept around on the practice squad. Especially with this crazy season to be...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 05:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Among the 65 WRs last year who had at least 40 catches. Tate was dead last (65th) in catch percentage, and 53rd in yards per target.  96 other WRs had more td receptions. The only reason he was even on the field was because of injuries.

Where did Tate's QB rank?
Reply/Quote
This staff can talk guys up and say everything PC to the media all they want, as long as they do the right thing and cut said players when they aren’t playing up to par. Lord knows I was sick and tired of Paul Alexander and Co doing the exact opposite back in the day Whatever
Reply/Quote

He had shitty, backup QBs throwing last year and if it wasn't for the 20 circus catches he was forced to make, his catch percentage would have been much lower. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 05:51 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Agreed, can’t trust these guys with what they say about the players.

For instance:
Joe Burrow and the offense is looking better than ever
(At the same time) the defense is much improved and our linebackers are flying all over the field!

Wait, which is it, these can’t both be happening! Lol

Since our top seven WR's have all supposedly looked amazing in TC, I'm starting to think it's because our DB's suck.  
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 04:37 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: So what was up with the hype on this guy last year? I’ve never seen someone SO talked up by the coaching staff only to disappear and then get waived the next preseason. This whole situation really gets me worried about how this coaching staff evaluated players. Let’s hope it was an anomaly and not the norm under ZT.

Tells me that DeMarkus Lodge is making the PS. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 05:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote:  That is only because he caught so few passes on third down.

His catch% that ranked 65th out of 65 WRs with at least 40 catches was .500.  It was even worse on 3rd down.  He only had 11 receptions on 23 third down targets for a catch% of .478.

Tate did what Binns never did and he has played only 2 seasons. A lot of WR's in this league struggle when they are young only to go on and have good careers.

Tate may never be a #1, but I think as a 4th or 5th WR, he is a great guy to have on the team and is no Binns. Binns never shined when thr lights cam on (real games).
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 10:39 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Where did Tate's QB rank?

This is certainly a fair question and especially the 3 games Dalton did not start. Our back up QB in 2019 may have been the worst back up in the league. 

I like Tate and think in the right role, he can be productive.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Tate by all.accounts looks quicker off the LOS.lets be real.
He was.a.raw prospect out FSU.Never asked to run a full route
Tree. Look.you are either getting better or worse or staying the same
Tate is moving the needle.up. Marvin buried him now he is rising
Reply/Quote
I'm still surprised anyone feels the need to bash Tate. The man puts in a full days work, and it shows. He is consistently improving, is a huge mismatch for DB's, and can move the chains with regularity. What's to hate?
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 11:26 PM)Whatever Wrote: Since our top seven WR's have all supposedly looked amazing in TC, I'm starting to think it's because our DB's suck.  

That could be. 
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 11:26 PM)Whatever Wrote: Since our top seven WR's have all supposedly looked amazing in TC, I'm starting to think it's because our DB's suck.  

(08-26-2020, 10:48 AM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: That could be. 

I mean, our Safeties certainly don’t. Bates and Bell are at the very least above average.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 10:51 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I mean, our Safeties certainly don’t. Bates and Bell are at the very least above average.

Bates looked great as a rookie, but wasn't very good last year.  Haven't heard about guys making plays against Bell.  Plus, going off practice reports, the days the D seems to win are the days the DL dominates. It's going to be even harder to judge with Alexander out along with Waynes.  The WR's may just be feasting on the backups. 
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 08:32 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: I believe we traded two sevens to move up into the sixth round to get him, so your memory isn't that far off! 

Thanks GCD. Made me feel better.  Cool

(08-25-2020, 08:37 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: This whole Willis questions is a case study in why we shouldn't extrapolate from small sample sizes. And one training camp is a small sample.

Ever had a time in your life when you were on fire, and everything just turned out right, and then another time where everything you touched just turned to crap? Maybe Willis was just on a lucky run, maybe he was more relaxed, maybe his personal life was in a better place last year... I mean who knows, but lots of things can explain training camp hype.

But it's a reason to take all these fluff pieces you read with a grain of salt (I'm thinking Fred Johnson for example) especially in this, the time of year where every fan is hungry for hope and the media is giving them what they want.

Nice post, BTW watching the TC report yesterday showed me a lot. Saw some great play from Geno, Reader, Hubbard and a lot
of our O-line as well. Jonah looked great, XSF, Adeniji, XSF, Trey Hop all looked good. Tee was playing ST's snaps surprisingly as a
Returner with Gio.

Jordan looked good until he faced Geno who was unblockable, same with Kareem who just beat Fred Johnson like a drum.
Reply/Quote

Knee jerk reaction IMO. 
Reply/Quote
Damion wasn't unemployed long. He is heading up I-71 to Cleveland who picked up via waivers

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 07:30 PM)pally Wrote: Damion wasn't unemployed long.  He is heading up I-71 to Cleveland who picked up via waivers

Damn Stain. Whatever
Reply/Quote

Why did you stop at 40 catches?

Tate's catch % last season was 50%, 80 targets and 40 catches.

Which happens to the same catch percentage as John Ross, 56 targets and 28 catches.

All other WRs, TEs and RBs had better catch percentages, save for Stanley Morgan, who caught a mere 30% of his 10 targets.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 07:30 PM)pally Wrote: Damion wasn't unemployed long.  He is heading up I-71 to Cleveland who picked up via waivers

"Come in, Damion.  Please take a seat.  Please draw out the entire playbook with verbage of your last employer.  Once you're done, we will give you your new playbook.  Remember, we will be playing the Bengals 3 weeks from tomorrow."
Reply/Quote