Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dan Fouts
I have watched a lot of games and listened to folks talk about certain announcers they do not like, but in all my years I don't think I've ever seen one as biased as Fouts was today. I'm sure it will not happen, but I hope the NFL reviews such things and never has him call a Bengal game again.

Just a couple off the top of my head:

Talked about when Burfict tackled Bell "out of bounds" to cause his injury

Credited Pittsburgh for not retaliating against the Bengals in this game

How good Bell blocked on a whif

Cried that there wasn't a seond PF on us on the play where Pitt pushed Burfict

If folks know me: I'm not one ro whine about reffing or announcers, but today was just too much.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Dude it's nothing new. Dumpster franchise gets shit on. It's natural.

I agree though.
Reply/Quote
Its already painful watching this. Listening to an ass clown like that continuously rag on my team and kiss steeler ass fills me with rage.

Maybe they are trying to get all of cincinnati to quit watching the NFL.
Reply/Quote
Freezer Bowl hangover every time he sees us
Reply/Quote
He seems to really hate Burfict. As they were showing a highlite clip of his play today, he mentioned "not always playing within the rules". Burfict got 1 PF today and that is when he took Ben down and I think it was his first of the year.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I couldn't agree more. It made a lousy second half even more disgusting. Probably another one of those things where we can do little or nothing about. It sure seems like the fallout from last year's playoff game will never die.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 09:07 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Freezer Bowl hangover every time he sees us

I was going to say, if you don't have to hear him ***** about that once during a game, you take that as a W.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Both announcers were laughable. There was a clip of pictures of Roethlisberger playing youth sports and the play by play guy goes, "Roethlisberger an excellent prep athlete- LOOK AT THAT LEFT HAND DRIVE TO THE HOOP!" It was literally a picture of a 16 year old dorky looking kid playing basketball and they were exclaiming as if it was a video of Ben doing the Lebron block
Reply/Quote
I usually don't even notice most announcers, but Fouts is the exception. The guy just isn't prepared. 3 times today he was making a comment then pauses, mid sentence, and you could hear the paper rustling as he looked through the roster in search of a players name.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
Okay, so we're talking about announcers. Yes, Dan Fouts is absolutely horrible in our games.

I never mentioned this from last week, but did anyone notice how the announcers really really wanted to praise RGIII?

Most of the big plays were run plays against us. He had maybe one or two scrambles for minimal yards.

It was almost comical how they were trying to point to RG3 as the spark... and then he'd proceed to throw up lame ducks!

Anyway... just wanted to mention it... continue on with your Fouts rants.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Oh yeah Fouts and Phil Simms are both Bengal haters.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 09:16 PM)Burma Wrote: I usually don't even notice most announcers, but Fouts is the exception.  The guy just isn't prepared.  3 times today he was making a comment then pauses, mid sentence, and you could hear the paper rustling as he looked through the roster in search of a players name.
Yep. He is a tool. He still call Dunlap, Dunlop.
Reply/Quote
I agree with you, bfine. I am not one who bitches about commentators, but Dan Fouts and Steve Tasker are the worst. Which sucks because I loved Tasker as a player.
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Reply/Quote
Fouts is awful to listen to he has sound biased for the last 4-5 years to me.
Reply/Quote
That's why I sync Lap and Hoard and turn the TV volume down!
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 10:19 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: That's why I sync Lap and Hoard and turn the TV volume down!

you think fouts the crybag is bad, you should have listened to the mush mouthed idiots on nfl network. I no longer have the channel after today.

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 10:42 PM)RASCAL Wrote: you think fouts the crybag is bad, you should have listened to the mush mouthed idiots on nfl network. I no longer have the channel after today.

I turn volume down and listen to Lap and Hoard for EVERY game Rascal.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 10:44 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I turn volume down and listen to Lap and Hoard for EVERY game Rascal.

that is smart.

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 09:23 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Oh yeah Fouts and Phil Simms are both Bengal haters.

These guys say the stupidest things. Where did they learn how to call a game? Watching the movie Dumb and Dumber?
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 09:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have watched a lot of games and listened to folks talk about certain announcers they do not like, but in all my years I don't think I've ever seen one as biased as Fouts was today. I'm sure it will not happen, but I hope the NFL reviews such things and never has him call a Bengal game again.

Just a couple off the top of my head:

Talked about when Burfict tackled Bell "out of bounds" to cause his injury

Credited Pittsburgh for not retaliating against the Bengals in this game

How good Bell blocked on a whif

Cried that there wasn't a seond PF on us on the play where Pitt pushed Burfict

If folks know me: I'm not one ro whine about reffing or announcers, but today was just too much.

Agree, as I stated in the GD thread; bitter since 81'. That said I'm not a big Collinworth or Simms fan either.

He was overly ridiculous today.
Reply/Quote