Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dan Graziano - Bengals looking to trade UP in Rd 1
(04-25-2024, 12:49 AM)phil413 Wrote: Yeah, if there is anything to this something like a 3rd to move up the few spots.  My guess would be think unique players like targeting Murphy since he's one of the few DTs that play the run and pass well and has somewhat of a chance of playing NT vs what they have on the roster.  

That or Bowers if he falls to 14 or 15.  I get the Billy Price settle over Ragnow, but I don't see the OT group in the same light.  There should be 3 to 4 solid prospects sliding to 15 and I'm OK with sitting at 18.  

That would be fine, if they were machine parts and not human ball players with varying traits and skill sets. It's not realistic to think that they can just take whomever is leftover and expect fantastic results. The Bengals likely have identified the Tackles whom they feel would fit into what they want to do best, and their list might not agree with your list or mine.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 09:51 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Weird that this came out the same day Trey requested a trade.

I feel like #18 overall plus Trey Hendrickson should get you way up there.

But for who!? Honestly a trade up doesn’t make any sense to me at all unless they are just in love with Latham. If it’s a trade up to bowers ima laugh at all y’all when Trent brown or anyone for that matter goes down and Cody ford Dante smith or carman come on the field. Bye burrow
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 07:05 PM)tms Wrote: One thing I'll say about Mims is he's really impressive in interviews. This guy's got "Alpha" genes A, B and C (I don't know if those exist in science, but if they do he's got them). He carries himself with such natural self-confidence and humility. His presence is awesome and I think Bengals fans would fall in love with him. 

Would he be ready to start Week 1? I don't know. But he was thrust into the lineup against tOSU and was the best player on the field imo. 

I love to hear this because I have settled on Mims as the best fit right now. He can come in and learn for a year getting spot duty without having to be the guy from day one. We can then go DT/WR/CB in some order with the next three picks. 
Reply/Quote
My question is what’s the reason for moving up? They must be targeting someone(s). I think that’s the question that needs to be answered. It could be Bowers or Murphy. I don’t think it’s Latham. It could be a corner. They ain’t a trading up unless they want someone who will take a lot of snaps. Bowers? Well they have Gesicki, Sample, and Hudson. I asked someone recently about replacing Boyd. He said look for Chase & Gesicki to be in the slot a lot. I can see Gesicki and Bowers changing the whole dynamics of double teaming Tee & Chase. Good luck with that. Move up to take a RT that’s not gonna start? Don’t see it. I can see them drafting one at 18 or at 49. Corner? When they went with Bell and Stone they had to have a plan for Dax. Him not playing every down seems like a waste. I could definitely see for Murphy. Rankins is here 2 years but B J’s is coming up. Personally I think it’s for Bowers or a WR or Murphy.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 09:35 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: My question is what’s the reason for moving up?

Your post sums up my thinking. An OL seems likely to be available at pick 18 so perhaps the moving up possibility is for Bowers or a top WR talent. 
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 04:50 PM)mrredneck Wrote: Never happen, I am going to make some observations..
q,  Mims has pro bowl and beyond potential.
2  Bengals will shock the world and take a cornerback,well if you can get one of the top 2, I guess why not.
3  I secretly want Jared Verse, a great pass rush makes mediocre cornerbacks good.
4, Man we really need somebody to help push the middle of the pocket, Newton or Murphy.
5, Never say tomorrow. Bring it on.
6, You can not miss at 18

Im on the DT train...Murphy or Newton
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 09:56 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Your post sums up my thinking. An OL seems likely to be available at pick 18 so perhaps the moving up possibility is for Bowers or a top WR talent. 

If they are giving up a pick to move up they must want someone pretty bad.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 10:47 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: If they are giving up a pick to move up they must want someone pretty bad.

Agreed which is why it has to be one of the two CB's or DE's because a good tackle or WR can be gotten at 18.

NOT @ Sooner:
And we aren't moving up for Bowers.  People just need to fall out of love with specific draft picks.  It isn't good for the blood pressure.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 12:49 AM)phil413 Wrote: Yeah, if there is anything to this something like a 3rd to move up the few spots.  My guess would be think unique players like targeting Murphy since he's one of the few DTs that play the run and pass well and has somewhat of a chance of playing NT vs what they have on the roster.  

That or Bowers if he falls to 14 or 15.  I get the Billy Price settle over Ragnow, but I don't see the OT group in the same light.  There should be 3 to 4 solid prospects sliding to 15 and I'm OK with sitting at 18.  

If we are talking strictly about OT, we'll know all we need to know when the Chargers pick.  If they take an OT and Tennessee goes with one as well, that's 2 that will come off the board in the top 10.  That would really worry me as there are a bunch of teams that would take one before us as well as the possible trade up to 16 or 17 to get in front of us - that's just with OT.

I would be more than happy sitting at 18 and if there was a run on tackles, simply taking the best guy that falls.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 10:47 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: If they are giving up a pick to move up they must want someone pretty bad.

Maybe it is Latham and they feel they have to jump a few teams.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 06:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: As for the Tackle prospects, I'm a Fuaga fan. He's the 3rd highest rated Tackle prospect (according to PFF) with a grade of 88.2, the only two higher are Alt 90.7 and Amegadjie 89.5.  However, if the Bengals have other plans than OT for the pick in the 1st, weather it be at #18 or moving up, all is certainly not lost. I would be nervous as hell about it, but if they waited until pick #97 or even #115 they could find tremendous value in guys like Matt Goncalves 72.2, Christian Jones 75.2 and one of my dark horses Javon Foster 84.2.

As for Latham vs Mims? I would be Mims, as even though Latham has the higher floor, I feel like Mims has a much higher ceiling for his career. The thing to be weary of with Latham is that 'Bama OL sometimes come into the league already "maxed out" as far as their development, and sometimes end up suffering overuse injuries like the shoulder issue that we witnessed with Jonah Williams.

Kiran is my guy: I know he was Ivy league, but he was incredible at Yale and I feel he will be a top tackle for his career.

But we didn't meet with him at all and had 0 interest, it seems, thus I don't think he'd be coming here.

I'd be cool with any of the top 6 guys and I'm not as down on Fautanu as many are: sure I want him to play where he is at his best, but I definitely think he can step in at T.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Moving up for Murphy makes sense
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 11:05 AM)Stewy Wrote: Agreed which is why it has to be one of the two CB's or DE's because a good tackle or WR can be gotten at 18.

Note @ Sooner:
And we aren't moving up for Bowers.  People just need to fall out of love with specific draft picks.  It isn't good for the blood pressure.

LMAO

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 11:16 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Maybe it is Latham and they feel they have to jump a few teams.

I suggested considering a small Trade Up for Bowers or Latham or Murphy II in other Threads a few weeks ago if one fell close enough to make one.

I think Latham would be a Perfect Book end at RT to go with Orlando Brown Jr at LT.

Burrow would Love it  -  IMO
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 11:05 AM)Stewy Wrote: Agreed which is why it has to be one of the two CB's or DE's because a good tackle or WR can be gotten at 18.

Note @ Sooner:

Could be an edge rusher, depending on where they have Chop Robinson on their board. 

I doubt it's CB, because there should be several good CB's available at #18, like DeJean, Wiggins, and the Kool-Aid Man.

Thomas would really be the last WR I would consider at #18.  Mitchell is a non-compliant diabetic with poor control of the disease.  Worthy is a slot only undersized body catcher.  Thomas is the last clean prospect that projects to a WR1.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 02:47 PM)Whatever Wrote: Could be an edge rusher, depending on where they have Chop Robinson on their board. 

I doubt it's CB, because there should be several good CB's available at #18, like DeJean, Wiggins, and the Kool-Aid Man.

Thomas would really be the last WR I would consider at #18.  Mitchell is a non-compliant diabetic with poor control of the disease.  Worthy is a slot only undersized body catcher.  Thomas is the last clean prospect that projects to a WR1.

I keep forgetting about Chop Robinson, agree on Thomas Jr being the one WR that should be considered. AD Mitchell and Worthy
for the reasons mentioned should not be in consideration.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 01:03 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: LMAO

Crap.....I typo'd.  It was supposed to be NOT@ Sooner *sigh*  Will go change it.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 12:17 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Kiran is my guy: I know he was Ivy league, but he was incredible at Yale and I feel he will be a top tackle for his career.

But we didn't meet with him at all and had 0 interest, it seems, thus I don't think he'd be coming here...

Dominating in the Ivy League is a lot different than dominating in the SEC.  Amegadjie could turn out to be very good but it is harder to judge him based on the talent he played against.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 02:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I keep forgetting about Chop Robinson, agree on Thomas Jr being the one WR that should be considered. AD Mitchell and Worthy
for the reasons mentioned should not be in consideration.

Is chop big enough!?
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 01:30 PM)depthchart Wrote: I suggested considering a small Trade Up for Bowers or Latham or Murphy II in other Threads a few weeks ago if one fell close enough to make one.

I think Latham would be a Perfect Book end at RT to go with Orlando Brown Jr at LT.

Burrow would Love it  -  IMO

Agree and hoping for Latham or a move up for Newton or a stand pat and take Murphy
Reply/Quote