Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dan Hoard on the radio- more on freeney
A friend of mine who is a Falcons fan says he heard from Brian Finneran that Freeney actually thinks Atlanta is closer to the playoffs. I told him "bullshit", so who knows.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2016, 06:57 PM)jason Wrote: Yeah.... we signed a bunch of spring chickens this off season. Freeney's too old.... ninja face.

Exactly. Dansby? Sign him up. Freeney? Whoa now, hold your horses. Way too old.  Ninja

Seriously though, they shouldn't let guys like Harrison (poor fit) and Hawk (declining skills) scare them from taking a small chance.

The Patriots seem to take on an old vet every season. It's always worth a shot.

(05-29-2016, 05:13 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: A friend of mine who is a Falcons fan says he heard from Brian Finneran that Freeney actually thinks Atlanta is closer to the playoffs.  I told him "bullshit", so who knows.

Did Freeney take a time machine back to 2012? 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2016, 12:00 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: I didn't hear it myself,but heard that Dan Hoard was on 1530 ESPN saying that DC Gunther REALLY wants Dwight Freeney here in this Defense.  I like that, maybe he really is trying for him. I think it's a little ray of hope we might get it done.

Freeney would be great for this D in passing situations and for the DE rotation.

I really hope we get'r done boyz.

Dansby and Freeney would be the best FA offseason i have ever seen even if they are older players.

Both have shown no signs of falling off similar to Whitworth and all deserve rings.

This is the team to get rings IMHO.
Reply/Quote
If Freeney doesn't sign with us, then I'm guessing someone offers up more money.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2016, 05:13 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: A friend of mine who is a Falcons fan says he heard from Brian Finneran that Freeney actually thinks Atlanta is closer to the playoffs.  I told him "bullshit", so who knows.

Wouldn't buy that he would think they are closer to the playoffs then the Bengal. A dome, and an easy division maybe the deciding factor. Outside of money. Hobs still talking about Freeney though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Dan works for the club, but in case anyone needed it - he's right.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2016, 11:42 PM)jj22 Wrote:  Wouldn't buy that he would think they are closer to the playoffs then the Bengal. A dome, and an easy division maybe the deciding factor. Outside of money. Hobs still talking about Freeney though.

The way they were talking in the most recent Bengals.com article i thought we signed him and i missed it. I went looking to see if we pulled the trigger.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2016, 05:13 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: A friend of mine who is a Falcons fan says he heard from Brian Finneran that Freeney actually thinks Atlanta is closer to the playoffs. I told him "bullshit", so who knows.

I believe it. And I agree that's bullshit.
Reply/Quote

From what I am reading on one of the Falcon's message boards, their fans are more neutral than anything about signing Freeney. ...could care less. If he is signed, okay cool. If not, okay cool.

They are more miffed that Nolan had the audacity to comment that the team should be desparate to sign hm as they don't have much of a pass rush... Only 19 sacks last season.

Further, it seems that the general consensus is that they are in the midst of a rebuilding phase. Nothing is mentioned about being close to a run for glory. 

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/4042296-mike-nolan-desperate-falcons-should-sign-dwight-freeney/
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 02:05 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: The way they were talking in the most recent Bengals.com article i thought we signed him and i missed it. I went looking to see if we pulled the trigger.

Same here. I'm assuming you didn't find anything either. I didn't look to hard, but I wouldn't have to if it was a done deal, would I? 

Freeny and Dansby joining our D in the same off-season? I'd take it. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2016, 06:45 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Never thought about the dome part

even then its only half your season the rest is on the road so regardless your going outdoors in the winter.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2016, 05:40 PM)CincyKid Wrote: Dan Hoard was on 1530 for 3 hours Friday............3 to 6...........lots of great info

Paulie G wants Freeney bad.............front office having bad flashbacks about signing OLD free agent guys

???  Makes no sense.

All of the free agents we sign these days are old:

Dansby
Hawk

It's not like we are giving him 5 years, $40 million.
Reply/Quote
Update, i heard from a group member,that they passed on freeney,but it can still happen says freeney. He also said He liked cincinnati but we didnt offer him a deal He couldnt refuse.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 11:42 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: ???  Makes no sense.

All of the free agents we sign these days are old:

Dansby
Hawk
We don't know how Dansby is going to play and Hawk - another sentimental OSU hopeful - was inconsequential. Let's not forget the washed-up Owens and Harrison.
It's not like we are giving him 5 years, $40 million.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 10:07 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: even then its only half your season the rest is on the road so regardless your going outdoors in the winter.
Take another look?

November:
@Bucs/@Giants - WARM
@Eagles/Bills- EVEN
Cards/@Ravens (any doubt which game he would rather play?)-  WARM
Chiefs/Eagles - WARM

December: 

@Rams/@Browns - WARM
49ers/Steelers - WARM
@Panthers/@Texans- We have the edge here
Saints/Ravens - WARM

Reply/Quote
Reports are the Falcons passed on Freeney....
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2016, 01:17 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Update, i heard from a group member,that they passed on freeney,but it can still happen says freeney. He also said He liked cincinnati but we didnt offer him a deal He couldnt refuse.

Did anyone tell him how sure fans on this message board are that this is the place to get a ring?  It would actually be pretty interesting to see which teams NFL players see as the "places to go if you want to get a ring" the places where "you go if you want to get overpaid since you'll be on a terrible team" and where the Bengals would rank on that list.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2016, 11:27 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Reports are the Falcons passed on Freeney....

Good news for us.

Our offer didn't blow him away but it is better than nothing.

Plus why should our offer blow him away? He would only be used in passing situations.

The offer in the end would be a one year offer and a chance at a SB.

Falcons don't seem to be that interested and are in more of a rebuild mode.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2016, 11:52 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Did anyone tell him how sure fans on this message board are that this is the place to get a ring?  It would actually be pretty interesting to see which teams NFL players see as the "places to go if you want to get a ring" the places where "you go if you want to get overpaid since you'll be on a terrible team" and where the Bengals would rank on that list.

Karlos Dansby sure thinks we are the place to go to get a ring...
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2016, 11:55 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Karlos Dansby sure thinks we are the place to go to get a ring...

To be fair Dansby also was just on the Browns...
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote