Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Daniel Jeremiah - Building an OL from a DL coach perspective
(04-16-2021, 04:47 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I hope that's just an optical illusion. Nervous

(04-16-2021, 04:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Why Holic, just WHY???Say What

I wouldn't of seen it before you said it???!!!  Mellow

(04-16-2021, 04:54 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I'm still trying to UNSEE it!  Hilarious

(04-16-2021, 04:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You just can't unsee some things... Mellow

What are you all talking about?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 12:52 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: What are you all talking about?

It was erased thankfully. Mellow

I unsaw it. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 07:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I had no idea what you guys were talking about, and it’s pretty clearly just his leg. Dude is so beastly he’s ripping through his trunks like the Hulk.

Yeah it was funny though.

Getting Ben Cleveland and Spencer Brown would be pretty cool.

They are in great shape for OL. Just have to work on the technique and get used to playing against speed like all rookies.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 12:37 PM)ochocincos Wrote: We knew going into that draft that Whitworth was sliding over from LG to LT.
You think they took Andre as insurance in case Whitworth couldn't hang at LT, with Andre being the RT in worst case scenario?

Possibly.  
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 04:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Regardless who we draft at OL they need to be versatile and be able to play both Guard and Tackle IMO.

Whether that is Sewell or another guy. The thing about Sewell is he is a great run blocker with great feet. I think he would be a
great Guard if Reiff or Sewell stay at the bookends for Sewell's rookie year.

Would you take o-linemen off your board if they weren't versatile?

I think one of the things driving my draft thinking is that at WR we are relatively set with Higgins and Boyd and need to draft a certain type of WR (an outside receiver with speed). That limits our choices at WR whereas at O-line we're only really set with Jonah so that we can easily find a place for pretty much anyone we draft.

(04-16-2021, 08:17 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Love Mienerz, but he is very raw.  I think a guy like Ben Cleveland would be outstanding in Rd 3 and take Spencer Brown as your developmental RT in the 2nd.  

I know T is more valuable than G but I'm not sure about a draft strategy of taking a developmental player in the 2nd before returning to grab the starter in the 3rd. I think a coach in the hot seat like Zac who needs to win this season would be even less keen on it.

38 also seems a little high for him. I know he tested really well but I'm seeing him go in the 4th or 5th rounds in the mocks I do - I expect him to go higher than that and teams can seemingly reach for tackles but 38 seems very punchy for him.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2021, 09:31 AM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Would you take o-linemen off your board if they weren't versatile?

I think one of the things driving my draft thinking is that at WR we are relatively set with Higgins and Boyd and need to draft a certain type of WR (an outside receiver with speed). That limits our choices at WR whereas at O-line we're only really set with Jonah so that we can easily find a place for pretty much anyone we draft.

I know T is more valuable than G but I'm not sure about a draft strategy of taking a developmental player in the 2nd before returning to grab the starter in the 3rd. I think a coach in the hot seat like Zac who needs to win this season would be even less keen on it.

38 also seems a little high for him. I know he tested really well but I'm seeing him go in the 4th or 5th rounds in the mocks I do - I expect him to go higher than that and teams can seemingly reach for tackles but 38 seems very punchy for him.

It is a tough call.  I think of when they drafted Whit, but he was a highly regarded prospect.  I think Brown did enough at the Senior Bowl to prove his abilities to go with his massive potential.  I think he could even push to start this year by midseason.  
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2021, 09:31 AM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Would you take o-linemen off your board if they weren't versatile?

Honestly most of the OL early in this Draft are versatile so no, I wouldn't take them off my board if they could only play OT
or only play on the interior. Most of the players were are mentioning in the 2nd to 4th round can play all across the OL. 

Meinerz and Spencer Brown are different though. Meinerz is specifically an interior player and Brown is an OT primarily.

Still would love to Draft either or even better both as you say they are both sorely needed at both positions. But if we take 
an OT in the first I think he has to be able to play Guard as well. Which is nice as both Sewell and Slater can.
Reply/Quote