Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dansby recruiting Whitner
I just caught this: http://cin.247sports.com/Bolt/Karlos-Dansby-wants-Donte-Whitner-to-join-him-in-Cincinnati-45934209

You guys think it's a possibility? After the '11 bs, would Donte be accepted in Cincinnati??
Reply/Quote
Don't know if the Bengals are interested, but what happened in '11 should have nothing to do with it. People are allowed to change their minds.
Reply/Quote
Dansby looked good last season. Whitner did not.

Plus, he'd be the #3 safety at best since we just extended Williams and Iloka. He'd also have to lower his asking price. The Rams passed because of what he was asking.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I like our safety depth, especially if Shaw makes the move from corner. Not sure we need another one at this point. I'd rather spend money on Hartline or Freeney if they're going to go outside the organization.
Reply/Quote
Pass maybe a few years ago or if someone gets hurt later then id might look him up...

With smith shaw waiting and the chance we resign Hall for this roll id pass on whitner for hall.
Reply/Quote
No thanks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
As others have said, I would take a pass on Whitner. Use that money to bring in Freeney.
Reply/Quote
Dansby shows no potential for ever becoming an GM:

According to profootballfocus.com, he's (Whitner) the second-lowest ranked safety in the NFL, and second-last in coverage. His seven missed tackles are also tied for second-most among safeties.

Video of Peyton Manning pancaking Whitner last year.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2016, 03:21 PM)Shady Wrote: Dansby shows no potential for ever becoming an GM:

According to profootballfocus.com, he's (Whitner) the second-lowest ranked safety in the NFL, and second-last in coverage. His seven missed tackles are also tied for second-most among safeties.

Video of Peyton Manning pancaking Whitner last year.

I love that video. Anytime I need to cheer myself up, I will watch it over and over again.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2016, 04:51 PM)XenoMorph Wrote:  

With smith shaw  waiting and the chance we resign Hall for this roll   id pass on whitner for hall.

That's my hope.
Reply/Quote
Nah, we have plenty of Safeties right now. If there was an injury maybe...

Iloka, Shawn, Shaw, Derron, Fej etc.

We need Freeney to sign here is what we need.
Reply/Quote
I'd rather have Hall back.

Reply/Quote
(06-27-2016, 01:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nah, we have plenty of Safeties right now. If there was an injury maybe...

Iloka, Shawn, Shaw, Derron, Fej etc.

We need Freeney to sign here is what we need.

This
Reply/Quote