Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darius Phillips to IR
Knee injury out for season

Signed Torry McTyer off KC Practice squad

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Hopefully he can come back next season and the injury isn't career threatening. Dude seems like a good player.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
How much does that suck? Dude showed a ton of promise on that kickoff return and the interception...now this.

Wow - Terrible!
Reply/Quote
Shoot, I was pleasantly surprised by his play this year. Just our luck smh
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
That just freaking $%===££¥!!!
Now we have watch Alex Erickson run into the
Pile at the 23 yd line .
Reply/Quote
Do we know if the injury happened in the game or practice?
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 12:15 PM)impactplaya Wrote: That just freaking $%===££¥!!!
Now we have watch Alex Erickson run into the
Pile at the 23 yd line .

Top 3 in KR yards since 2016.

Stop it.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 12:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Do we know if the injury happened in the game or practice?

Media didn't know they are following up on that 

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 12:27 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Top 3 in KR yards since 2016.

Stop it.

How many 40.yard plus Returns does he have for his career?
Don't tell me about overall return yards either 
Thats a misleading stat 
When your defense gives up a lot of points 
Your returner has more chances to increase his total 
If he was all that then why did Phillips replace him 
On kickoffs ?
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 12:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Do we know if the injury happened in the game or practice?

I'm sensing a metal pipe to the knee by folks hired by Erickson's fiancee
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 12:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: How much does that suck? Dude showed a ton of promise on that kickoff return and the interception...now this.

Wow - Terrible!

Yep. The only real bright spot in the defensive backfield and a good returner. 

Welcome to Bengaldom, where promise always leads to the IR. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Damn that sucks to hear but he may not be out for the entire season, so little bit of good news here:

Also according the Ben Baby https://twitter.com/Ben_Baby/status/1177231427462684676 , Phillips was on the last kickoff return of the game and when speaking with Simmons on Monday, Simmons didn't indicate anything was wrong. They will ask Taylor today about it for what and when it happened.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote

Stop it.

He was really good in '16 and '18 but he's really struggling this year. Only way to go is up, and he's going to get the opportunities now to do it. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
We signed someone off a practice squad. I applaud regardless of if it works or not. We should try to steal a OT from someone's practice squad with a top OLine (Cowboys) while we are looking.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

Stop it.

Curious to know the reason Erickson was removed from KR duties this year.
I thought originally it was to get Erickson more offensive snaps but he's only taken 33 offensive snaps through 3 games.
That makes me think that while Erickson has been a good overall returner, he's not as much of a threat to flip the field or take it to the house.
Darius Phillips had that ability. John Ross was an elite KR in college too and obviously has the home run threat ability, so he might be used in the KR role with Phillips gone but I doubt it since the team likely wouldn't want to risk his health.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 12:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Curious to know the reason Erickson was removed from KR duties this year.
I thought originally it was to get Erickson more offensive snaps but he's only taken 33 offensive snaps through 3 games.
That makes me think that while Erickson has been a good overall returner, he's not as much of a threat to flip the field or take it to the house.
Darius Phillips had that ability. John Ross was an elite KR in college too and obviously has the home run threat ability, so he might be used in the KR role with Phillips gone but I doubt it since the team likely wouldn't want to risk his health.

Ding ding we have a winner 
Darius Phillips did something vs the Bills that Erickson hasn't done in 4 years as a returner 
Take it to the end zone 
Erickson is a single doubles hitter 
This,team needs,a,hone run hitter returning kicks 
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 12:34 PM)impactplaya Wrote: How many 40.yard plus Returns does he have for his career?
Don't tell me about overall return yards either 
Thats a misleading stat 
When your defense gives up a lot of points 
Your returner has more chances to increase his total 
If he was all that then why did Phillips replace him 
On kickoffs ?

Patterson is first with 10 and Erickson is second with 9, since 2016.

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 12:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. The only real bright spot in the defensive backfield and a good returner. 

Welcome to Bengaldom, where promise always leads to the IR. 

It does feel like a curse doesn't it?

I mean, IF he plays well this year, they likely let Dennard walk or maybe waived Webb. Now, who knows if he'll ever play again here. He should. But, you never know.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 12:43 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Damn that sucks to hear but he may not be out for the entire season, so little bit of good news here:

Also according the Ben Baby https://twitter.com/Ben_Baby/status/1177231427462684676 , Phillips was on the last kickoff return of the game and when speaking with Simmons on Monday, Simmons didn't indicate anything was wrong. They will ask Taylor today about it for what and when it happened.

The IR return part is interesting as isn't Dennard on the IR too? So it would be one or the other right? Or did they expand the amount you can return?
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 12:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Curious to know the reason Erickson was removed from KR duties this year.

I just wonder IF Ross would miss some kickoffs that would be turnovers.
Reply/Quote