Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darius Phillips to IR
(09-26-2019, 01:07 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The IR return part is interesting as isn't Dennard on the IR too? So it would be one or the other right? Or did they expand the amount you can return?

2 different IR's I believe

Dennard falls under never practiced or played in 2019 season (Training camp and after) while Phillips like Green (who was not IR'd) fall under a different set of rules and of those I believe you can have 2 players comeback and play in 2019
So Phillips would be 1 pf the 2 we have available
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Hate it for Darius, he showed flashes.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 04:44 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: And the stats and facts have proven your opinion wrong, so why are you still parroting it?

Stop looking at the stats .look with your eyes. What do you see with Erickson ?
I see a very average returner . I saw things on Phillips return vs Buffalo that Erickson simply cannot do 
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 09:57 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Stop looking at the stats .look with your eyes. What do you see with Erickson ?
I see a very average returner . I saw things on Phillips return vs Buffalo that Erickson simply cannot do 

You need some new glasses.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 06:06 PM)xEGDx Wrote: This guy was not a good returner, he fumbled half the time, any other special teams coach would have had enough after the first 5 muffs...but our special teams coach is...special

He has 1 fumble on 101 kick returns and 9 fumbles on 90ish punt returns. 

10 fumbles on almost 200 returns. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Can't have anything nice.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 07:47 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: 2 different IR's I believe

Dennard falls under never practiced or played in 2019 season (Training camp and after) while Phillips like Green (who was not IR'd) fall under a different set of rules and of those I believe you can have 2 players comeback and play in 2019
So Phillips would be 1 pf the 2 we have available

Dennard is PUP; completely different list.

(09-26-2019, 09:57 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Stop looking at the stats .look with your eyes. What do you see with Erickson ?

I see a damn good returner with Erickson, who has consistently been among league leaders and has 3 return TDs in the PS (yes, it's PS, but how many has Phillips had in 2 PSs?)

You don't like the guy, nothing else to it.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 10:52 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Dennard is PUP; completely different list.

I see a damn good returner with Erickson, who has consistently been among league leaders and has 3 return TDs in the PS (yes, it's PS, but how many has Phillips had in 2 PSs?)

You don't like the guy, nothing else to it.
I have nothing against the guy. He plays hard. Plays the game 
The right away. 
If he was so good at kickoff returns why dId ZT replace him 
With Phillips ?
Phillips simply has skills that Erickson lacks. It's not hate 
I'm just calling how I see it
I'm sorry TDs in preseason mean very little. It's kinda like Jordan Willis getting sacks in preseason.
I've watched Erickson for years now failing to provide kick returns that lack sizzle. Rarely does he cross midfield 
Reply/Quote
Ahh C'mon..he's just "dinged" and it'll soon be announced he'll require life altering surgery to remove his legs to be replaced with q-tips.. Nothing to see here folks..move along..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 12:00 PM)pally Wrote: Knee injury out for season

Signed Torry McTyer off KC Practice squad

Saw great glimpses of talent. Explosive Returner and down. Shit! Mellow
Reply/Quote

Just be happy that Erickson is here now. He's better than many returners around the league. And he can make clutch catches when you need a 1st down.

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 01:02 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Patterson is first with 10 and Erickson is second with 9, since 2016.

You're talking to people who obviously are clueless
Reply/Quote