Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.2 Average
Dark theme now available
(12-18-2022, 10:56 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Looks great, but one question or comment.  Are the user names on posts supposed to also have a background change?  On my screen, there is the dark background but a white box with the user name inside it.  It's almost distracting, although something I can probably get used to.

I did that because some of the username colors don't show up well against the dark background.

(12-19-2022, 01:41 AM)Go Cards Wrote: It's so much easier on everything except the subject matters or titles of threads which the orange bleeds together a little to me.

Yet can deal with that per everything else being so much better.

Yeah, I'll probably end up changing that. 

(12-19-2022, 12:14 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I'm having a separate issue so responded to yours so it doesn't get overlooked. I've noticed in our weekly pick em thread that when I copy the schedule from the OP and paste in my reply, They cannot be seen and also have 2-3 spaces between each line while in Dark mode. Therefore, if I change my font color and someone is reading it in bright mode, it looks like a blank post. Therefore, I had to change font color to orange so it could be read in both Dark and normal mode. 

I only have this issue when I copy and paste, but not on replies or post's. 

I am using a desktop.

Once you have pasted something, just highlight it and click the 'format' icon which is just to the right of the color picker. When you click it, the format should revert to the dark theme's text default. You can preview it to make sure.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 03:17 PM)basballguy Wrote: anyone able to get this to work on IOS/Safari?  Doesn't work for me when mobile.

I use an IPad and dark mode works for me.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bad ass, like our QB.
Reply/Quote
This feels weird.
Reply/Quote
Still waiting on this for mobile…

Reply/Quote
The dark theme has been updated. You may have to do a hard refresh or clear your cookies / cache to see it.

Still have a few more minor changes and will be adding a dark editor to it soon as well.

Will start work on the mobile theme as soon as I get the chance.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 09:36 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The dark theme has been updated. You may have to do a hard refresh or clear your cookies / cache to see it.

Still have a few more minor changes and will be adding a dark editor to it soon as well.

I like the more compactness.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 09:36 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Will start work on the mobile theme as soon as I get the chance.

Joe

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 09:36 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The dark theme has been updated. You may have to do a hard refresh or clear your cookies / cache to see it.

Not sure if you’re working on mobile but it’s becoming increasingly difficult to use on IOS/Safari. This is what I see now when I come to the site:

https://ibb.co/3C8bYfK

Now I’m not an idiot so I can still get to where I want to go if I just go straight to a forum via the most recent thread link.

I’m assuming maybe you’re working on mobile now. If you need someone to test IOS give me a holler
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 08:44 PM)basballguy Wrote: Not sure if you’re working on mobile but it’s becoming increasingly difficult to use on IOS/Safari. This is what I see now when I come to the site:

Now I’m not an idiot so I can still get to where I want to go if I just go straight to a forum via the most recent thread link.

I’m assuming maybe you’re working on mobile now. If you need someone to test IOS give me a holler

Unnecessary input here, but safari is the least capable browser on the IOS platform. Would suggest Firefox for a multitude of reasons… /unwantedinput
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 08:44 PM)basballguy Wrote: Not sure if you’re working on mobile but it’s becoming increasingly difficult to use on IOS/Safari.  This is what I see now when I come to the site:

I’m assuming maybe you’re working on mobile now.  If you need someone to test IOS give me a holler

Choose either the Light or Dark theme in the theme selector and the issue should stop.

There is a separate theme for mobile that you can also pick in the theme selector.
Reply/Quote
So still no dark theme for mobile yet?

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 09:13 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Choose either the Light or Dark theme in the theme selector and the issue should stop.

There is a separate theme for mobile that you can also pick in the theme selector.

(04-06-2023, 12:01 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So still no dark theme for mobile yet?

I have issues with the themes setting on my phone.  I can select Dark or Light but anytime i navigate back out of a sub forum and to the homepage (like if i want to switch from Jungle Noise to say, PnR), the setting is lost.  I thought it was just a Safari thing but it seems like it happens in Chrome too.  

This is really just feedback, not sour of this experience.  
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2023, 01:01 AM)basballguy Wrote: I have issues with the themes setting on my phone.  I can select Dark or Light but anytime i navigate back out of a sub forum and to the homepage (like if i want to switch from Jungle Noise to say, PnR), the setting is lost.  I thought it was just a Safari thing but it seems like it happens in Chrome too.  

This is really just feedback, not sour of this experience.  

Try setting your preferred theme in User CP>Edit Options>Other Options>Board Style>Update Options.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2023, 12:01 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So still no dark theme for mobile yet?

Should be done by the end of this month.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2023, 01:21 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Should be done by the end of this month.

Any progress on the mobile?

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 08:44 PM)basballguy Wrote: Not sure if you’re working on mobile but it’s becoming increasingly difficult to use on IOS/Safari.  This is what I see now when I come to the site:

I’m assuming maybe you’re working on mobile now.  If you need someone to test IOS give me a holler

This has been happening again on mobile but is now happening again on desktop in chrome.  

https://ibb.co/D1K5qVg

Doesn't seem to persist when you drill down into a particular forum...also works fine in Firefox (when authenticated)...the unauthenticated look also shows this way.  

I think it's related to the chat box....

Edit: I switched my theme to default and saved it (from dark) and then switched it back to dark and it seemed to correct it on desktop. Odd
Reply/Quote