Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darren Waller ??
Lots of chatter on the typically-useless gossip-mills of the internet about grabbing him by the trade deadline; but it’s sure fun to imagine!!

Google “Darren Waller to the Bengals” and you’ll see.

I started to buy in a little more when it was discussed on Cincinnati Bengals Talk …..they brought up bring Perine back too. Yes please. Derrick Henry has been tossed around too.

https://youtu.be/fTixcz26_0M?si=RZ-L_bipf0ESvp4q
Reply/Quote
they need a running game more than a tight end who will average 3/4 catches a game in this system

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 09:52 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: they need a running game more than a tight end who will average 3/4 catches a game in this system

Agreed but he is a threat and would command attn and allow for the Receivers to get more action. No need to cover Irv. Lol.
Reply/Quote
We're at that weird spot of whether should we be buyers or sellers. We're in last place in our division but about 1 game out of a WC spot.

Part of me wants to say: Get what you can for Tee, Mixon, Awizie, ect... but part of me wants to say screw next year. let's go all in.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 09:55 PM)Whacked Wrote: Agreed but he is a threat and would command attn and allow for the Receivers to get more action. No need to cover Irv. Lol.

Plus the question is, what trade or signing do you make to help the running game? We’ve got plenty of money tied up in the line and RB right now. But at least Waller would be a somewhat doable upgrade at a position that could help Burrow and this offense.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 09:52 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: they need a running game more than a tight end who will average 3/4 catches a game in this system

Well we already have the best blocking TE in the game. Maybe a verticle threat at TE could open up the running game a bit. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
We likely have 9 draft picks this year, we can easily use a couple of them.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 10:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well we already have the best blocking TE in the game. Maybe a verticle threat at TE could open up the running game a bit. 

we've already seen the last 2 years that the vertical passing game doesnt open up the running game. Passing game opening up the running game is a giant myth with this team

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 09:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We're at that weird spot of whether should we be buyers or sellers. We're in last place in our division but about 1 game out of a WC spot.

Part of me wants to say: Get what you can for Tee, Mixon, Awizie, ect... but part of me wants to say screw next year. let's go all in.

Team won't be sellers they still have next year to go all-in.

Depending on how Bengals finish it likely will be easier to make the playoffs pending the schedule as well. 
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
They ain't gonna do $H1t.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
They are all in on Irv.

Refusing to admit the mistake that was passing on a great te class.

I don’t put this on Zac. Katie and co seem to be in line with MB on this eye for the future and hold on to picks philosophy since it’s the one thing they haven’t changed this Zac era.

This year there is clear holes (SS,TE, Rb2). If there was a time to chase a SB this would have been it.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I'd like him, but he gives me Tyler Eifert vibes.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 09:52 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: they need a running game more than a tight end who will average 3/4 catches a game in this system

4 catches a game is a pretty good amount to try to make it sound comparatively unhelpful.

Over 17 games that is 68 catches. Last year 68 catches would be the 39th most in the NFL. 

Heck, Tee had 74 in 16 games (4.625 catches per game) last year and there's a lot of people who were desperate to keep him even if it meant gutting other parts of the team financially. Hurst had 4 catches per game he played last year and while he wasn't anything special, he was very helpful compared to what they currently have. Bringing a good player in not just gives you a good player's production, but it also means you can take a bad player (any of our current TEs) off the field.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I haven't heard much of Waller lately, so not sure if he was as good as a couple of years ago. Giver me the 2021 version of Waller any day!
Reply/Quote
The Giants won't trade Waller for anything less than a day 2 pick because they just handed him 10 million before the season started. The Bengals won't use anything higher than a late day 3 pick on a player that will likely only play 10 games as a Bengal.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 10:57 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I haven't heard much of Waller lately, so not sure if he was as good as a couple of years ago. Giver me the 2021 version of Waller any day!

He has 35 catches in 7 games, which translates to 85 catches.
He has 54 yards a game, which translates to 922 yards.

On track for his 3rd best season

His most recent games

10/22- 7/98/1
10/15- 5/43
10/8 - 8/86
10/2 - 3/21
9/21 - 3/20
9/17 - 6/76
9/10 - 3/36

You’re not going to hear much about one of the best players on of the worst team. As bengals fans, we can understand this(90s)
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 11:29 PM)Synric Wrote: The Giants won't trade Waller for anything less than a day 2 pick because they just handed him 10 million before the season started. The Bengals won't use anything higher than a late day 3 pick on a player that will likely only play 10 games as a Bengal.

That’s just not true. NFL teams don’t always throw good money after bad. If they are sellers, anything more than the comp pick they would get is what is value likely is.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 11:31 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: That’s just not true.  NFL teams don’t always throw good money after bad.  If they are sellers, anything more than the comp pick they would get is what is value likely is.

Comp Pick? Darrin Waller would have to play out his 4 year contract through 2026 and sign with another team at 35 years old for the Giants to get a comp pick. The Giants gave up a 3rd round pick and restructured his contract handing him a 9.8m bonus at the start of the year. I just don't see them selling low on that investment this early especially when he pretty much is their receiving offense.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 11:46 PM)Synric Wrote: Comp Pick? Darrin Waller would have to play out his 4 year contract through 2026 and sign with another team at 35 years old for the Giants to get a comp pick. The Giants gave up a 3rd round pick and restructured his contract handing him a 9.8m bonus at the start of the year. I just don't see them selling low on that investment this early especially when he pretty much is their receiving offense.

Sorry you’re right. Well I wouldn’t offer anything more than a 3rd, and I would start with something lower. It’s not a reflection of him, but more a reflection of where that team is heading.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 11:49 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Sorry you’re right.  Well I wouldn’t offer anything more than a 3rd, and I would start with something lower.  It’s not a reflection of him, but more a reflection of where that team is heading.

Giants are on the verge of a rebuild... lets be honest their entire offense is either pending free-agency or trash.

They should count their blessings if someone offers a 5th for him.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote