Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darrin Simmons is looking
Mr #1....

I remember a certain WR in Pittsburgh that also returned punts pretty well
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 02:08 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I would love a new Punter - I don't know his name off the top of my head but I hear there's a good one that can be had in the 5th round

I'm not sure what the plans are with Huber.  But I thought maybe Drue Chrisman was who they have been looking at as a potential replacement.  He was on and off the practice squad all season and then signed to a reserve/future contract in early February.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 02:24 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Poka Williams may be good as KR/PR.  Evans is solid and doesn't give me a heart attack when the ball is in his hands.  

WTS, I think Bengals will draft Matt Araiza in round 5 and maybe draft another late round CB to compete in similar return roles.

Pooka got busted for some stupid thing, forgot exactly what, think his NFL career is done.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 02:42 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I'm not sure what the plans are with Huber.  But I thought maybe Drue Chrisman was who they have been looking at as a potential replacement.  He was on and off the practice squad all season and then signed to a reserve/future contract in early February.

Heard Chrisman was a top Punter in college too, definitely could be the answer we need in case Huber is going to retire.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 03:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Pooka got busted for some stupid thing, forgot exactly what, think his NFL career is done.

I didn't know that.  I know he had issues in college.  A quick search doesn't show anything recent.  The only news I see on him was he was signed to the offseason roster on the 15th of February.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 02:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't mean to bash the guy. He has not looked bad. But he has done nothing either in college to justify the love he gets from some fans.

Reminds me of the hype Adeniji got around here. I never understood why so many fans were excited about him.

It's a fair opinion you're offering. Evans has talent & we've seen some nice flashes on certain plays, but he's not yet produced at a level that some fans are offering he's capable of doing. We need to see him perform. I too observe people are overrating him, but fortunately we still have a chance to see if his potential talent results in on field productivity.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 03:17 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I didn't know that.  I know he had issues in college.  A quick search doesn't show anything recent.  The only news I see on him was he was signed to the offseason roster on the 15th of February.  

I think it was drugs or something else really dumb right before the season. Threw his career away at the worst possible time.

At least this is what I remember cause I liked Pooka before this. Was really disappointed in him.
Reply/Quote
I really like how the Bengals have viewed SP over the past couple seasons. They are viewing them as actual weapons, not just someone going through the motion. Love it.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 02:42 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I'm not sure what the plans are with Huber.  But I thought maybe Drue Chrisman was who they have been looking at as a potential replacement.  He was on and off the practice squad all season and then signed to a reserve/future contract in early February.

Huber needs to go. He was awful this year. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 03:30 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Huber needs to go. He was awful this year. 

He is certainly showing his age but I don't know if awful is the right word to describe his performance this year.  His average yards per punt, 46.4 were ranked 14th, so pretty much middle of the road.  His longest of 61 was in the bottom half.  But was tied at 3rd in touchbacks (6) with two other punters, middle of the road for punts inside the 20 and 13th in net punting average.  So not awful but not great just a pretty much okay punter.  Here is my source for those interested:

https://www.footballdb.com/statistics/nfl/player-stats/punting

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
I certainly wouldn't bet that Araiza would even last till the 5th round period, let alone late fifth. It's all speculation, but I read somewhere he could be the highest drafted punter since Todd Sauerbraun, who was a late second rounder.

I don't follow college football closely anymore, but I do root for the Buckeyes. I don't remember being impressed with Chrisman there.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 03:41 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: I certainly wouldn't bet that Araiza would even last till the 5th round period, let alone late fifth.  It's all speculation, but I read somewhere he could be the highest drafted punter since Todd Sauerbraun, who was a late second rounder.

I don't follow college football closely anymore, but I do root for the Buckeyes.  I don't remember being impressed with Chrisman there.

He probably didn't Punt much lol

Buckeyes rarely Punt which I was surprised Chrisman was thought of so highly. Must be just as a prospect.

Speaking of Punters, wouldn't be against drafting Evan McPherson's little bro in a few years if he keeps up what he has been doing.

Dude just destroys the football with his foot, got a whip on the end of his leg lol
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 03:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think it was drugs or something else really dumb right before the season. Threw his career away at the worst possible time.

At least this is what I remember cause I liked Pooka before this. Was really disappointed in him.

I'm not trying to be argumentative but I still can't find any news about Pooka Williams having any legal issues after college or after being signed by the bengals.  For example if I go to Google and search "Pooka Williams arrest" and limit it to results over the last year I find nothing only talk about his previous issues affecting his draft status.  His wikipedia page also only mentions his college issues.  I'm not saying it didn't happen, I just can't find it.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 04:10 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I'm not trying to be argumentative but I still can't find any news about Pooka Williams having any legal issues after college or after being signed by the bengals.  For example if I go to Google and search "Pooka Williams arrest" and limit it to results over the last year I find nothing only talk about his previous issues affecting his draft status.  His wikipedia page also only mentions his college issues.  I'm not saying it didn't happen, I just can't find it.

Sorry for leading you on a wild goose chase George but I swear I am not making this up.

There was a thread on this before the season started, I don't know if he was arrested either.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 04:10 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I'm not trying to be argumentative but I still can't find any news about Pooka Williams having any legal issues after college or after being signed by the bengals.  For example if I go to Google and search "Pooka Williams arrest" and limit it to results over the last year I find nothing only talk about his previous issues affecting his draft status.  His wikipedia page also only mentions his college issues.  I'm not saying it didn't happen, I just can't find it.

I think the scouting reports highlighting his issues is what sparks people saying his draft stock was affected by what took place in 2018.

From scouting reports: https://www.thedraftscout.com/p/pooka-williams-2021-nfl-draft-scouting?s=r

Quote:Williams will also have to answer questions about a domestic violence charge that ultimately ended with the KU player agreeing to a diversion program, including community service and anger management. Regardless of the player’s rehabilitation efforts, many teams will simply take him off of their board completely.

And: https://www.nfl.com/prospects/pooka-williams-jr/32005749-4c57-7955-f764-b9b760ac2bf0

Quote:Williams was arrested and charged with domestic battery in December 2018 after a female Kansas student told police that he punched her in the stomach and grabbed her by the throat. Williams later reached a diversion agreement in the case and served a suspension in the 2019 season opener. -- by Chad Reuter
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 04:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sorry for leading you on a wild goose chase George but I swear I am not making this up.

There was a thread on this before the season started, I don't know if he was arrested either.

No problem I'm just trying to figure this out because he is currently with the Bengals on a reserve/future contract.  I wonder if you are maybe thinking of Mark Walton who was a Bengal before being cut for legal issues and certainly has thrown his career away with a series of arrests since then?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 04:21 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: No problem I'm just trying to figure this out because he is currently with the Bengals on a reserve/future contract.  I wonder if you are maybe thinking of Mark Walton who was a Bengal before being cut for legal issues and certainly has thrown his career away with a series of arrests since then?

Nope different RB, Walton was years ago...

Pooka had some off field problem last year before the season that cost him a roster spot I am sure of it.

Maybe I will have to go looking for the thread now damn it lol
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 04:19 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I think the scouting reports highlighting his issues is what sparks people saying his draft stock was affected by what took place in 2018.

From scouting reports: https://www.thedraftscout.com/p/pooka-williams-2021-nfl-draft-scouting?s=r

And: https://www.nfl.com/prospects/pooka-williams-jr/32005749-4c57-7955-f764-b9b760ac2bf0

Yes I understand his issues in college.  But I'm responding to a post form Nate:

(03-03-2022, 03:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Pooka got busted for some stupid thing, forgot exactly what, think his NFL career is done.

It made me think something recent happened because he is as of now on the Bengals roster under a reserve/futures contract.  It appears since he was signed he has no issues since college that I can find.  Again, I'm not trying to argue for the sake of it.  I just can't find any news of him having legal problems since the Bengals signed him last year.

Okay wait, maybe I found something. Is this what Nate might be talking about from December?

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/12/22/22850575/bengals-pooka-williams-suspended-2-games-nfl-drug-policy

Quote:Pooka Williams has been suspended two games by the NFL for violating its Performance-Enhancing Substance policy, the team announced.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Found it. Pooka was suspended for 2 games for violating the policy of PED's...
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 04:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Found it. Pooka was suspended for 2 games for violating the policy of PED's...

Yeah just edited my post above because I just found that and it happened in December.
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/12/22/22850575/bengals-pooka-williams-suspended-2-games-nfl-drug-policy

To be fair in my opinion a 2 game PED suspension is a bit away from NFL career may be over.    Especially since he has been signed to a reserve/futures contract since then.  :)

It's all good.  Glad we got to the bottom of it.  :)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote