Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dax Hill & Chris Evans
It is a good sign that he isn't wearing a sling or brace on the shoulder. It is a bad sign he isn't moving it

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 10:51 AM)Go Cards Wrote: He has a heck of a story but see why I ve never heard of him, really not my genre. 

Nothing again rap, just not my thing. Like Rock, Blues, Jazz, Mo Town, Swing, Acid Rock, Southern Rock, Folk, and some Outlaw Country.

But don't listen to mainstream Country, Pop Rock, Rap, Techno, or Punk. 

Really like and go to a lot of live shows, but have no interest if instruments are not being played. My last few were Marcus King, Billy Strings, Blackberry Smoke, Rival Sons, and Mammoth and going to Tyler Bryant in two weeks. Get most will not like my style either, and that's ok. 

Not my style either.

Just thought it was interesting.

Never heard he was related to 50 or "Fitty" LOL 
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 12:34 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Keep your eye on the Palace, and the next time Tedeschi Trucks is there you have to go see them. Awesome band and awesome venue.

Been to the Palace many times and love Derek Trucks, you're not lying about either. 

Speaking of X-Allman Brothers guitar players, Gov't Mule doesn't stink either. 

Also just caught the Allman Betts band warming up for Blackberry Smoke at Riverbend. Devon Allman is very talented and definitely reminds you of his father and uncle. Believe they go by the Devon Allman Project now. Worth seeing for sure.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 11:20 AM)Wyche Wrote: Marcus King Band is awesome....I gotta go see those boys soon.

He has been my favorite for a minute now. Seen him at Zanzabar for $10 when he was 19 years old and told myself I was not missing him again when close. 

Have caught him 7 times now and never have I been disappointed. Last time was at my favorite Venue the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville which is the original Grand Ole Opry, the Mother Church of country music as it is known. They feature all kinds of genre's these days and highly recommend catching a show there. But if you cant get in first 15 rows on the floor opt for the balcony because there are obstructed view seats behind poles per it being so old on floor.

Admittedly Sled's place the Palace in Louisville is nicer and have seen many shows there throughout my life but without quite the history of the Ryman. Plus being in Nashville there are usually very good special guest come on stage without being billed. All the musicians live there anymore it seems. 

Sorry did not mean to highjack the thread and will quit now, back to Dax

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 12:58 PM)pally Wrote: It is a good sign that he isn't wearing a sling or brace on the shoulder.  It is a bad sign he isn't moving it

That's very encouraging: no sling, no brace. He has his hand in his pocket, so we really wouldn't see the arm moving much anyway.
Bengals might get the first round pick back on the job soon.

The Raiders have waived former first-round pick Johnathan Abram, who had been their starter at strong safety since 2019. Although unlikely makes it to Bengals on waiver wire.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 07:10 PM)Go Cards Wrote: He has been my favorite for a minute now. Seen him at Zanzabar for $10 when he was 19 years old and told myself I was not missing him again when close. 

Have caught him 7 times now and never have I been disappointed. Last time was at my favorite Venue the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville which is the original Grand Ole Opry, the Mother Church of country music as it is known. They feature all kinds of genre's these days and highly recommend catching a show there. But if you cant get in first 15 rows on the floor opt for the balcony because there are obstructed view seats behind poles per it being so old on floor.

Admittedly Sled's place the Palace in Louisville is nicer and have seen many shows there throughout my life but without quite the history of the Ryman. Plus being in Nashville there are usually very good special guest come on stage without being billed. All the musicians live there anymore it seems. 

Oh, I've been to the Ryman many times. One of the last times I was there, they had moved the Opry show there due to some special event at the new "Opry". We usually sit in the balcony, and always hit Robert's Western World. 

In fact, the wife and I got engaged in Nashville on a New Year's Eve that evening, and our friends and family had them announce it during the show at the Ryman. It was a great weekend. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 07:10 PM)Go Cards Wrote: He has been my favorite for a minute now. Seen him at Zanzabar for $10 when he was 19 years old and told myself I was not missing him again when close. 

Alisson Kraus and Union Station recorded a live double album at the Palace which is an awesome CD.
Reply/Quote
Anyone think it worth while to make a play for Jonathan Abram, since the Raiders released him?

While he's not a back-end coverage type of Safety, his physical presence versus run heavy offenses that make a lot of underneath throws to the TEs and RBs might be a valuable addition in the back half of the season.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2022, 11:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Alisson Kraus and Union Station recorded a live double album at the Palace which is an awesome CD.

Went to one of my old time favorites Levon Helm (R.I.P.) at the Ryman and Allison Kraus, Robert Plant, Sheryl Crow, Billy Bob Thornton, Sam Bush. Buddy Miller, Lil Sammy Davis, and John Hiatt all showed up unannounced and played with him. 

Incredible show. 

It was made into a album as well but did not feature Allison or Plant, and only had Billy Bob introduce Levon even though all played multiple songs.

Great show and bet her album from the Palace is incredible as well. Have a great selfie from just a few month's ago at the Blackberry Smoke show at the Palace with all the faces protruding from the fourier's ceiling in the background.  Don't take many selfies but that ceiling is a cool backdrop.

Have probably been to somewhere around 40 or 50 shows there over the last 40 years with my favorites off the top of my head being
the Allman Brothers and Neil Young. But really cant recall a bad show ever there, great venue.  

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 11:16 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Did you know that Patrick is 50 Cent's nephew?

Did not know that and yeah, I know who 50 Cent is lol

Not my genre either same as Go Cards but he was a big name and even an actor years back and was actually rapping in 
our Superbowl this year with the other dudes.

(11-08-2022, 10:51 AM)Go Cards Wrote: He has a heck of a story but see why I ve never heard of him, really not my genre. 

Nothing again rap, just not my thing. Like Rock, Blues, Jazz, Mo Town, Swing, Acid Rock, Southern Rock, Folk, and some Outlaw Country.

But don't listen to mainstream Country, Pop Rock, Rap, Techno, or Punk. 

Really like and go to a lot of live shows, but have no interest if instruments are not being played. My last few were Marcus King, Billy Strings, Blackberry Smoke, Rival Sons, and Mammoth and going to Tyler Bryant in two weeks. Get most will not like my style either, and that's ok. 

Dude, no wonder I always liked you, same way, I do like some of the new rap with Tom McDonald but that is just 
cause he raps what I want to hear and I find his vids funny. Big fan of all the genres you speak of and the bands
but need to check out a couple as you have great taste Go Cards.

(11-08-2022, 11:20 AM)Wyche Wrote: Marcus King Band is awesome....I gotta go see those boys soon.

Yes, also really like the sister band Lark and Poe. Badass chicks doing the blues, just babes. Cool

Lark and Poe were playing at Willie Nelson's concert this year with ZZ Top amid others. Mellow

(11-08-2022, 12:34 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Keep your eye on the Palace, and the next time Tedeschi Trucks is there you have to go see them. Awesome band and awesome venue.

Derek is a great slide man.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2022, 09:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Did not know that and yeah, I know who 50 Cent is lol

Not my genre either same as Go Cards but he was a big name and even an actor years back and was actually rapping in 
our Superbowl this year with the other dudes.

Dude, no wonder I always liked you, same way, I do like some of the new rap with Tom McDonald but that is just 
cause he raps what I want to hear and I find his vids funny. Big fan of all the genres you speak of and the bands
but need to check out a couple as you have great taste Go Cards.

Yes, also really like the sister band Lark and Poe. Badass chicks doing the blues, just babes. Cool

Lark and Poe were playing at Willie Nelson's concert this year with ZZ Top amid others. Mellow

Derek is a great slide man.

You ever listen to Cry of Love or Badlands?  Great "older" lol bands.  They're 90s.

Audley Freed from Cry of Love went on to play with the Black Crowes and Badlands is Jake E Lee on guitar with legendary Ray Gillen on vocals.

Blues/Rock with a kick-in-the-ass.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2022, 11:25 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: You ever listen to Cry of Love or Badlands?  Great "older" lol bands.  They're 90s.

Audley Freed from Cry of Love went on to play with the Black Crowes and Badlands is Jake E Lee on guitar with legendary Ray Gillen on vocals.

Blues/Rock with a kick-in-the-ass.

Alright brother, helping me out as always, will check these bands out. Thanks BR, you are the best. Rock On
Reply/Quote