Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dax Hill and DJ Turner
As a Michigan fan I'm loving the fact that these two are doing well. Dax absolutely balled out yesterday and DJ Turner gave up 0 yards in 40% of the snaps he played
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 04:58 PM)Trademark Wrote: As a Michigan fan I'm loving the fact that these two are doing well. Dax absolutely balled out yesterday and DJ Turner gave up 0 yards in 40% of the snaps he played

Turner should have had at least 1 int if he would have got his head around. Dax played like a beast. Really impressed me last night. Did Nick Scott even play? Or was Battle in there. Didn’t hear either name last night.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 05:00 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Turner should have had at least 1 int if he would have got his head around. Dax played like a beast. Really impressed me last night. Did Nick Scott even play? Or was Battle in there. Didn’t hear either name last night.

Scott got caught sleeping and burned on 2 deep passes I think.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 05:00 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Turner should have had at least 1 int if he would have got his head around. Dax played like a beast. Really impressed me last night. Did Nick Scott even play? Or was Battle in there. Didn’t hear either name last night.

Scott played the entire game, had 3 tackles.  Battle didnt have any stats.

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 04:58 PM)Trademark Wrote: As a Michigan fan I'm loving the fact that these two are doing well. Dax absolutely balled out yesterday and DJ Turner gave up 0 yards in 40% of the snaps he played

The Bengal front office and coaching staff get ridiculously criticized and scrutinized. Even when they nail it there’s some kind of anecdote. Myles Murphy through 2 games a bust. Dax Hill was a bust. Mixon over the hill. It’s comical. CTB played well last night too. It’s a long season but those two Big Blue guys look strong.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I think Vonn leaving was never the plan and they had to scramble a bit to figure that out. I think Hill taking over for Bates was well thought out and is looking like a good call taking money into account. I wonder what this defense would have been like had we kept Vonn as I am not a believer in Scott right now but I do wonder where Battle could get to with more reps.

Overall the young secondary players of CTB, Turner, and Hill look to be strong. This is good as I do think the plan will be to move on from Hilton, and maybe even Awuzie when the season ends.
Reply/Quote
Haven't heard Turner name called much - which I recon is a good thing.

Dax has been way better than advertised so far.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Nick Scott got burned twice on the final Rams TD.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 05:19 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Haven't heard Turner name called much - which I recon is a good thing.

Dax has been way better than advertised so far.

That sack that Hill had last night where he leveled Stafford was absolutely beautiful
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote

As a Bengal fan I'm pretty happy with them, too.  As an Ohio State fan I'm cool with Sam Hubbard.
Reply/Quote

Nick Scott played but did not play well. Rams were attacking him. He hasn't been great this season, especially in coverage. He's indicisive at times or late.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Hill is a keeper. We are in desperate need of a replacement for Scott. But he's a special teams ace so we shouldn't slam him for his poor play as a starter. He's 28 and despite those who were sold that he was on the rise, his career has long been set.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 05:33 PM)jj22 Wrote: Hill is a keeper. We are in desperate need of a replacement for Scott. But he's a special teams ace so we shouldn't slam him for his poor play as a starter. He's 28 and despite those who were sold that he was on the rise, his career has long been set.

Dude signed a 3 year 12 million dollar contract to be a special teams ace? Nah, im good on that. He may be a cut casualty next year if he doesn't improve. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

As a Buckeye fan, I am loving it too. 
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 05:24 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: As a Bengal fan I'm pretty happy with them, too.  As an Ohio State fan I'm cool with Sam Hubbard.

Once they leave college I’m indifferent. I’ll root for every Michigan guy on the team and boo every OSU guy on the other team.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 04:58 PM)Trademark Wrote: As a Michigan fan I'm loving the fact that these two are doing well. 

yea, the punter too...

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 05:33 PM)jj22 Wrote: Hill is a keeper. We are in desperate need of a replacement for Scott. But he's a special teams ace so we shouldn't slam him for his poor play as a starter. He's 28 and despite those who were sold that he was on the rise, his career has long been set.

Scott had 5 (16%) of the special teams snaps last night. Hardly an ace. If Battle develops as many expect Scott will probably be cut next year.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjY_oDPxcmBAxVtlmoFHY95CzcQFnoECBEQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fbengalswire.usatoday.com%2F2023%2F09%2F26%2Fbengals-offensive-line-looks-great-snap-count-takeaways-win-rams%2F&usg=AOvVaw39XORG-umgRYU56DIWioHq&opi=89978449
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 09:48 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: Scott had 5 (16%) of the special teams snaps last night. Hardly an ace. If Battle develops as many expect Scott will probably be cut next year.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjY_oDPxcmBAxVtlmoFHY95CzcQFnoECBEQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fbengalswire.usatoday.com%2F2023%2F09%2F26%2Fbengals-offensive-line-looks-great-snap-count-takeaways-win-rams%2F&usg=AOvVaw39XORG-umgRYU56DIWioHq&opi=89978449

Yes. Scott is playing out if position. All he is is a special teams ace. That’s were his bread has been buttered all these years. He started for the Rams D out of necessity not ability.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 05:36 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Dude signed a 3 year 12 million dollar contract to be a special teams ace? Nah, im good on that. He may be a cut casualty next year if he doesn't improve. 

He doesn't offer much in terms of cap savings. If he's cut next year, it shows that the coaching staff was really unsatisfied with him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Love these former Wolverines myself. Honestly, they are better than I thought this early and Nick Scott has been the one
struggling which is a bit surprising with his experience and their lack thereof. Dax I thought would be a stud down the road
but he already looks like one. DJ Turner has rare speed with fluid hips that you just cannot teach. Turner could be an All Pro
Corner with his attributes and instincts. Dax Hill WILL BE an All Pro and is showing why.

I hope Battle comes around and we can move on from Nick Scott if he doesn't improve, then we might be even upgraded
over Bates and Bell.
Reply/Quote