Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dax Hill moving to CB
(04-27-2024, 09:03 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Please NO, KC has already figured out that Hilton is our weak link in the passing game, others will follow.  Been nice having Mike but no.

Bruh yall need to let that bad Chiefs game go

He played them a played very well last time

Ppl have bad games it happens
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I've always thought Dax should be a corner,, not a slot but outside. Just put the dude there, give him reps and watch what happens. The coaches haven't done him any favors and I think they're realizing it. He'll be a much better corner than safety, or the swiss army knife shit.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
And I’ve seen a bunch of people elsewhere online say they think he should play box safety. Seems like nobody can really agree where to put the guy.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 11:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And I’ve seen a bunch of people elsewhere online say they think he should play box safety. Seems like nobody can really agree where to put the guy.

I think putting him in the box is just wasting his talent. I really hope they give him a fair shot at corner because I think that's where he'll thrive.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 11:48 PM)Eraserhead Wrote: I think putting him in the box is just wasting his talent. I really hope they give him a fair shot at corner because I think that's where he'll thrive.

I get that with Dax but he is very good at covering TE's, our best player honestly with his size, speed, length combo.

I sure as heck hope he can be a boundary Corner, I love CTB and think Turner will be a good one down the road.
Reply/Quote
We got better when Scott was replaced by a Ben-Gals cheerleader. Yeah, there was some bone headed plays and players getting beat at times, but I have a soft spot for the secondary. Chido being subpar broke my heart. The young guys will get there.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Bust
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 08:34 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: spending a 1st on a slot corner isnt a problem. its switching his position after 2 years(stunting his development)

Exactly.
And unless Hilton goes down again, Hill isn't starting again until Year 4.

Based on how the draft went though, Hill will get a chance to compete with Turner and new draft pick Newton for starting CB outside.
We also might see a veteran added this Summer too to help solidify the outside.

But the highest likelihood is Hill is the successor to Hilton after this season.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I think Dax has shown flashes of being a great player.
I think he could do well at corner, and that he can move around and play a lot of positions.
Covers tight ends well.
I think he could be great in the slot.
Interested to see how he does outside.

I think our secondary has the potential to be very good.
Lots of young depth.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 08:58 PM)Housh Wrote: Why is everyone bringing up slot?

Coaches haven’t said once he’s an option there

Why is everyone disparaging slot at all. Mike Hilton plays the slot, and look at how he has contributed. Slot is not an unimportant position.
Reply/Quote
So Dax is being moved all around in defense backfield? This is why there is in my mind a huge question mark on this years draft. How many guys did we draft that there is an if associated with the potential being achieved along as they are coached up. This organization has not proved to me they can do this. Now I don’t know if it is the player or the coach but regardless this is something vetting the candidate before they draft they could figure it out. You can put lip stick on a pig and it’s still a pig. I have little confidence in the FO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2024, 10:31 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Why is everyone disparaging slot at all. Mike Hilton plays the slot, and look at how he has contributed. Slot is not an unimportant position.

People are forgetting how important Leon Hall was

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2024, 10:31 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Why is everyone disparaging slot at all. Mike Hilton plays the slot, and look at how he has contributed. Slot is not an unimportant position.

Exactly

Which makes it weird why ppl think he can just play slot. It’s a whole different animal than outside corner. Dax didn’t show me enough talent at run stopping to convince me he can play slot

He can sure tackle his ass off but can he correctly diagnose plays at the LOS and make those Hilton plays?

I didn’t see it often.

To me him, CTB and DJ Turner is a CB rotation i can get happy with. Fast guys with good talent and all have reps with Turner having the least amount but lucky for us he had to start due to Awuzie being ass

We should be able to see Tyreke, Waddle and whoever else they got and not be afraid.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I get very confused with our fans at times. Some our saying our draft sucks because the Bengals in 2024 only drafted for the future (I disagree). But then when they drafted to replace Bates and Bell for a starting safety in year 2, they are upset.

Maybe Hill will end up being an Eli Apple type player. Maybe he will grow, but Hill's issues seemed to be more of getting our DL and LB's set up correctly and understanding coverage than his actual coverage and tackling.

I have said, I would love to see us invest in a vet CB like Gilmore or Nelson. Due to cap space needed to sign Chase, may not be in the cards. I would love to see Peat or Risner challenge Volson also.

But in the end, the coaches need to put the players in a position to get great results. Hill is a stud athlete, but maybe he does not have the tools to make sure our defense is aligned correctly each snap. The good news is we now have 2 really good vet safeties in Bell and Stone and a 3rd developing in Battle. If not anything else, we have the capability to use 6 DB's in passing situations in 2024, we did not have that in 2023.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2024, 11:05 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: So Dax is being moved all around in defense backfield?  This is why there is in my mind a huge question mark on this years draft.  How many guys did we draft that there is an if associated with the potential being achieved along as they are coached up.  This organization has not proved to me they can do this.  Now I don’t know if it is the player or the coach but regardless this is something vetting the candidate before they draft they could figure it out.  You can put lip stick on a pig and it’s still a pig.  I have little confidence in the FO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe fans get caught up too much on where a player is drafted. No teams hit every year on their top 2 picks. Hell Falcons drafted a QB who will never see the field for 3 or 4 years if Cousins stays healthy. 

Let's see how the coaches put the team together regardless of pick. Should Yoshi nerve play since he was a 6th round pick reserved mostly for special team players. 

Should Burfict have been benched due to being undrafted. 

I care about a very good roster. It is my belief we have a very good roster; we have talent and depth. Let's see how the players develop and again pray for minimal injuries to key position. 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 09:10 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Couldnt cut it?  Guy had better stats in his first year starting than Bates did in his 4th season. 

Lou couldnt cut it.

So much is wrong with this statement.  You dont like Lou so you blame him for Hill not being able to cut it at safety.  The reality is Hill just couldnt get the job done.   Anybody that watched the Bengals play could clearly see Hill was bad at safety.  

When talking about Bates 4th season, Bates was regarded as one of the top safeties in the NFL at that point.  That is why he was franchise tagged for his 5th season.  Bates was an All Pro by his 3rd season when Lou was the DC at that point so obviously Lou wasnt the problem. 
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2024, 12:39 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Maybe Hill will end up being an Eli Apple type player. 

Sick
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2024, 12:49 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: So much is wrong with this statement.  You dont like Lou so you blame him for Hill not being able to cut it at safety.  The reality is Hill just couldnt get the job done.   Anybody that watched the Bengals play could clearly see Hill was bad at safety.  

When talking about Bates 4th season, Bates was regarded as one of the top safeties in the NFL at that point.  That is why he was franchise tagged for his 5th season.  Bates was an All Pro by his 3rd season when Lou was the DC at that point so obviously Lou wasnt the problem. 

Here you are being ignorant, again.  I really like Lou.  But the staff totally screwed up Dax.  In Bates 4th season he was absolutely NOT a top ranked safety, he was very very average, how do you NOT know this?  He finally started playing well in the playoffs culminating in the franchise tag.  

Bates was a FS in college, Lou didnt have to mold him, again, another uninformed, but fully expected mid comment. 

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2024, 05:25 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Here you are being ignorant, again.  I really like Lou.  But the staff totally screwed up Dax.  In Bates 4th season he was absolutely NOT a top ranked safety, he was very very average, how do you NOT know this?  He finally started playing well in the playoffs culminating in the franchise tag.  

Bates was a FS in college, Lou didnt have to mold him, again, another uninformed, but fully expected mid comment. 

Even with a statistically down year in 2021 Bates was still considered a top safety.  He was All Pro just the year before in 2020.  Why do you think the Bengals put the franchise tag on him?  You dont franchise tag scrubs.   Tee had a down year too this year.   It doesnt mean he is not a very good WR because he had a down year.   Hill just couldnt get the job done.  Dont blame Lou because Hill struggled at the position. 
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2024, 11:02 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Even with a statistically down year in 2021 Bates was still considered a top safety.  He was All Pro just the year before in 2020.  Why do you think the Bengals put the franchise tag on him?  You dont franchise tag scrubs.   Tee had a down year too this year.   It doesnt mean he is not a very good WR because he had a down year.   Hill just couldnt get the job done.  Dont blame Lou because Hill struggled at the position. 

I never said Bates was a scrub, just like I never said I hated Lou, but you infer such dumb projections.

My entire point in the Bates comparison was that Dax isnt a scrub either, but of course you were unable to grasp that concept.  Thus it was imbecilic to prove an already off base point with the Tee analogy.  This coaching staff has failed Dax, at least for the first 2 years of his contract.  It's ok to like Lou and criticize him as well.  Im not going to fanboy him and pretend he is the great DC of all time and never makes mistakes.  

Reply/Quote