Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dax Hill moving to CB
(04-29-2024, 04:00 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: Sign Xavien Howard please. Our DB Room is sorry without a solid vet

(04-29-2024, 04:05 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: Dax is a bust ur first round pick should have given u something even if it’s any starting role but his role and position still unknown cuz he’s a bust.

Yeah, because Vonn Bell and Geno Stone are not vets.... our DB room has over 230 career starts in the NFL. This board is too polite to allow proper call outs of such commiserable maladroit takes.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2024, 11:40 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I never said Bates was a scrub, just like I never said I hated Lou, but you infer such dumb projections.

My entire point in the Bates comparison was that Dax isnt a scrub either, but of course you were unable to grasp that concept.  Thus it was imbecilic to prove an already off base point with the Tee analogy.  This coaching staff has failed Dax, at least for the first 2 years of his contract.  It's ok to like Lou and criticize him as well.  Im not going to fanboy him and pretend he is the great DC of all time and never makes mistakes.  

I think the safety failure was a little of both....staff and player. There seemed to be a lot of miscommunication on the back end of the defense last year. That should clear up with at least one of the vets on the field at all times. Let's see what Dax can do at one of the CB positions.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'll get flack for saying this but Dax should be starting over Hilton at Nickleback. It's not a knock on Hilton(because he certainly is a top player at that position)either its more of how good I think Hill can be at that position.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 07:01 PM)J24 Wrote: I'll get flack for saying this but Dax should be starting over Hilton at Nickleback. It's not a knock on Hilton(because he certainly is a top player at that position)either its more of how good I think Hill can be at that position.

You should get flack for saying that. You can dislike Hilton all you want, he’s still one of the best slot corners in the league. Just because another guy at his position is better athletically, that doesn’t mean he’s better. Boyd was a lot less athletic than other receivers, yet he was more productive than a lot of them

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
I’m pretty excited about a starting secondary of CTB, Hill, Stone, Battle, Turner.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 07:12 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: You should get flack for saying that. You can dislike Hilton all you want, he’s still one of the best slot corners in the league. Just because another guy at his position is better athletically, that doesn’t mean he’s better. Boyd was a lot less athletic than other receivers, yet he was more productive than a lot of them

Hilton is 30 years old and in his final year of his contract! We need to find out if Dax is the future of the position or not.
J24

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 08:26 PM)J24 Wrote: Hilton is 30 years old and in his final year of his contract! We need to find out if Dax is the future of the position or not.

you dont replace a guy who is top 5 at his position in a win now year

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 08:28 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: you dont replace a guy who is top 5 at his position in a win now year

1.) When is it it not a win now situation?

2.) You do if you feel like the guy replacing him is better!
J24

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 08:44 PM)J24 Wrote: 1.) When is it it not a win now situation?

2.) You do if you feel like the guy replacing him is better!

so you think Dax Hill is currently a top 4 nickel corner?

God bless

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 01:25 PM)Au165 Wrote: Safety is a really cerebral position. It may be that the team thinks that he is thinking too much and it's keeping him from playing up to his potential. There are so many sight adjustments you are making at safety and it's not for everyone. I wonder if they think at CB, especially outside corner, they can let his athleticism really shine.

I just said the same thing to another poster in my rep to him. It might have been too cerebral for him. Not saying he is dumb, but it can be overwhelming and your play takes a dive. Put the guy at CB and let him play.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 08:52 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: so you think Dax Hill is currently a top 4 nickel corner?

God bless

Come January if he can stay healthy; Yes I think he will be a top 4 NB. Hell I think he has the ability to be the best NB in the NFL.
J24

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 09:01 PM)J24 Wrote: Come January if he can stay healthy; Yes I think he will be a top 4 NB. Hell I think he has the ability to be the best NB in the NFL.

Would love to see him spying on these other AFC North scrambling QBs.
And when he blitzes he gets there in a heart beat.
He is going to be a force.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 07:01 PM)J24 Wrote: I'll get flack for saying this but Dax should be starting over Hilton at Nickleback. It's not a knock on Hilton(because he certainly is a top player at that position)either its more of how good I think  Hill can be at that position.

This not a hot take when it comes to reality.  Hilton is a liability in passing situations.  Fans will hate it but Dax would likely be a great NCB, he was certainly fantastic in college in the box/slot.  Keep preaching Jake.

Reply/Quote
I find it interesting how similar Bates' and Hill's production were to each other their first season as full-time starter.

Bates - 111 combined tackles, 3 INTs, 7 PDs, 0 FFs, 0 sacks
Hill - 110 combined tackles, 2 INTs, 11 PDs, 0 FFs, 1.5 sacks

It really was the turn of the season last year that turned some away from Hill.
The first 8 games of the season, Hill had 2 INTs, 6 PDs, 53 tackles.
Had Hill had a couple of those bobbles turned into INTs in the second half of the season, I dunno if hardly anyone would have been thinking he needed replaced.
They'd be saying something like he's a ball hawk and just needs to clean up his angles some going into his 2nd year as starter.

Hill was one of my guys in that draft though, so I probably defend him a lot more like I do anyone I was high on in draft classes.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 10:54 PM)casear2727 Wrote: This not a hot take when it comes to reality.  Hilton is a liability in passing situations.  Fans will hate it but Dax would likely be a great NCB, he was certainly fantastic in college in the box/slot.  Keep preaching Jake.

I agree, he looks like he could be a great Nickel or a TE killer
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 05:53 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Yeah, because Vonn Bell and Geno Stone are not vets.... our DB room has over 230 career starts in the NFL.   This board is too polite to allow proper call outs of such commiserable maladroit takes.

CB specifically though does not have a lot of starting experience for outside CB.

CTB - 22 games, 21 starts
Turner - 17 games, 12 starts
DJ Ivey - 8 games, 0 starts
Newton - rookie

Maybe I'm reading too much into the post, but I would assume that's what Joey meant when saying DB. If meaning across all DBs though, I would agree with you. Hilton, Davis, Bell, and Stone all with 50+ games experience each. Hilton and Bell with 100+ each.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2024, 10:43 AM)ochocincos Wrote: CB specifically though does not have a lot of starting experience for outside CB.

CTB - 22 games, 21 starts
Turner - 17 games, 12 starts
DJ Ivey - 8 games, 0 starts
Newton - rookie

Maybe I'm reading too much into the post, but I would assume that's what Joey meant when saying DB. If meaning across all DBs though, I would agree with you. Hilton, Davis, Bell, and Stone all with 50+ games experience each. Hilton and Bell with 100+ each.

So he doesnt know the difference in boundary CBs as a particular individual group, and DBs being a generalized term for boundary and slot CBs, and Safeties? You are probably correct, but with takes like this and others:

Quote:Dax is a bust ur first round pick should have given u something even if it’s any starting role but his role and position still unknown cuz he’s a bust.

I'm not sure that I care.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 10:54 PM)casear2727 Wrote: This not a hot take when it comes to reality.  Hilton is a liability in passing situations.  Fans will hate it but Dax would likely be a great NCB, he was certainly fantastic in college in the box/slot.  Keep preaching Jake.

Usually always agree with you man, but Hilton was much better in coverage last season than you’re giving him credit for.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2024, 12:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Usually always agree with you man, but Hilton was much better in coverage last season than you’re giving him credit for.

He was, but there is also a reason he played more snaps at FS last season too. 

Hilton in man coverage beyond 10 yards is worrisome to me.  That said it is impossible to not like Mike.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2024, 12:48 PM)casear2727 Wrote: He was, but there is also a reason he played more snaps at FS last season too. 

Hilton in man coverage beyond 10 yards is worrisome to me.  That said it is impossible to not like Mike.

He's easily one of my favorite FA signings of the last decade. Plays hard, smart, and has an infectious personality. It's just a fact of life that time isn't kind to DBs. I think he's got a few more years left in the tank, but Hill is the more athletic option for sure. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote