Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dax Hill vs Tre Flowers
(11-02-2022, 05:47 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Correct but the rumor is Hill is going to CB? Yes or No? Were you aware of this?

I hope this isnt another experiment about to blow up putting a guy in a position we wasnt really drafted for. like we seem to do alot of on Oline 
Id hate to see Dax confidence get crushed . I really see him as a slot guy or Free Safety. Lets not ruin the kid please.  
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 09:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Correct on CTB. After Awuzie, it's not pretty.

Hill got burned by Cooper too.

He did, but Bell had cheated himself out of position too.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 08:30 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Definitely looked to be on Bell. 

Cooper is no slouch though, but Bell cheated toward the run and got caught imo

Beat me to it

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 05:47 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Correct but the rumor is Hill is going to CB? Yes or No? Were you aware of this?

Are you the one starting this rumor?  Are you referring to this game or for his career?

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 05:53 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: The predraft scouting report said Dax is a hybrid and could play slot corner (Nickle) or safety.  I say move Hilton out to wide CB and Dax to the Slot CB.  I think if Apple isn't 100% we sit him until Pittsburgh.  Carolina doesn't worry me, but another divisional loss does.

Hilton is barely 5'9, ran a 4.55 forty at his best.  He is extremely quick but not fast.  There is a reason he was mostly slot even in college.

I dont like the idea of him or Dax playing corner but Dax can keep up with a WR and has the size to fight for balls.  If we MUST play one of these at corner do you want one position great & other shaky (Hilton NCB & Dax CB), or both shaky (Hilton CB & Dax NCB)?  Although I think Dax would find his feet pretty quickly in the slot he still wouldn't be at Hilton's level for a while.  

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 01:20 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Are you the one starting this rumor?  Are you referring to this game or for his career?

No heard rumblings of it and it can now be verified through articles etc... so it might be something to keep an eye on it...

Take Care Casear2727..

Reply/Quote
Article:

Bengals rookie report: Dax Hill gets a shot at cornerback
Injuries may force Hill to quickly adapt.

CincyJungle not sure what the rule is for articles etc... this should be fine I presume.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 09:58 AM)Au165 Wrote: Hill was playing with his mouth piece though and wasn't into his stance at the snap and he looked surprised off the line which didn't help.

Yeah, he got caught flatfooted on that play.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 02:20 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Article:

Bengals rookie report: Dax Hill gets a shot at cornerback
Injuries may force Hill to quickly adapt.

CincyJungle not sure what the rule is for articles etc...  this should be fine I presume.

Pretty sure you can post links.  Sheeran is stating that Hill got his shot at CB against the Browns. Nothing suggested he will stay at boundary other than the tagline; "injuries may force Hill to quickly adapt".

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2022/11/2/23435119/nfl-week-8-bengals-browns-dax-hill-cam-taylor-britt-cornerback

I'm will be not surprised if he does get more reps with the injury devastation, I dont see this as a good thing since he hadnt played it in a long long time.  Hopefully his great physical attributes make it an easier transition. 

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 09:27 PM)Wyche Wrote: Well yeah, Awuzie is one of the best in the entire league. 

Well, best on the Bengals. But "one of the best in the entire league"? I would be curious to see rankings. The PFF stat that I saw had him tied for 64th in terms of receptions allowed, while 15th in targets. I don't know the rankings of the CBs, but I've never heard him mentioned, that I remember, as one of the best in the league. 

That being said, I believe you are correct in that he could be one of our biggest losses, since the Bengals don't have anyone who can just step into his role, unless Dax Hill or Cam Taylor-Britt surprises.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 04:39 PM)Nepa Wrote: Well, best on the Bengals. But "one of the best in the entire league"? I would be curious to see rankings. The PFF stat that I saw had him tied for 64th in terms of receptions allowed, while 15th in targets. I don't know the rankings of the CBs, but I've never heard him mentioned, that I remember, as one of the best in the league. 

That being said, I believe you are correct in that he could be one of our biggest losses, since the Bengals don't have anyone who can just step into his role, unless Dax Hill or Cam Taylor-Britt surprises.

Could be one of the biggest loses? He is most likely the biggest. Chase should be back soon, Tufele has been ddecent for Reader who is coming back as well. We are in terrible shape without Awuzie.

Also, Chido will end the season being targeted 43 times, only allowing 18 catches (42%), for 219 yards, 0 TDs and 6 PBUs. That's a 58 passer rating in his direction.  He has been a top 5 rated CB all season, how do you NOT know this?

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2022, 02:51 AM)casear2727 Wrote:
Could be one of the biggest loses? He is most likely the biggest. Chase should be back soon, Tufele has been ddecent for Reader who is coming back as well. We are in terrible shape without Awuzie.

Also, Chido will end the season being targeted 43 times, only allowing 18 catches (42%), for 219 yards, 0 TDs and 6 PBUs. That's a 58 passer rating in his direction.  He has been a top 5 rated CB all season, how do you NOT know this?

I've never seen him on a top 5 list and sometimes not  even on a top 10 list. The first link here has him 39. the second is the PFF list. The third link does have him as 8th. I don't want to get in an argument, since I really don't know how to rank CBs. But I just never saw him ranked as a top 5 CB all season.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/lists/nfl-cornerback-rankings-week-5-anyacs/

https://www.pff.com/nfl/grades/position/cb

https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-season-s-top-10-shutdown-cornerbacks-eagles-duo-leads-group-sauce-gardn
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 09:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I saw completion percentages against Apple and Hilton...not good. Awuzie is by far our best CB.

No kidding, eh?!?!?  BUT, Awuzie is no longer an option, so we're down to Apple, CBT, Dax, and Hilton.  Hilton's sitting this one out, so it looks like it's going to be Apple, and CBT working the outside and Dax at NCB.   Jalen Davis & Flowers may have to step up for us.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2022, 05:46 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: No kidding, eh?!?!?  BUT, Awuzie is no longer an option, so we're down to Apple, CBT, Dax, and Hilton.  Hilton's sitting this one out, so it looks like it's going to be Apple, and CBT working the outside and Dax at NCB.   Jalen Davis & Flowers may have to step up for us.

Yeah it's CTB and Apple outside and Jalen Davis in the slot. Dax will be coming in off the bench. Not sure why Jalen Davis is starting over Dax but sure. Probably asking too much but a 1st Rd pick that could've helped us this year would've been nice.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2022, 11:36 AM)Nepa Wrote: I've never seen him on a top 5 list and sometimes not  even on a top 10 list. The first link here has him 39. the second is the PFF list. The third link does have him as 8th. I don't want to get in an argument, since I really don't know how to rank CBs. But I just never saw him ranked as a top 5 CB all season.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/lists/nfl-cornerback-rankings-week-5-anyacs/

https://www.pff.com/nfl/grades/position/cb

https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-season-s-top-10-shutdown-cornerbacks-eagles-duo-leads-group-sauce-gardn

You can have your opinion, but I am telling you Chido is an excellent corner and we saw today that a mid level competent QB will pick on the rookie. He was a big part of our defense. Other than Hendrickson Im not sure if anyone on defense would be more difficult to replace than Chido...

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 07:05 PM)casear2727 Wrote: You can have your opinion, but I am telling you Chido is an excellent corner and we saw today that a mid level competent QB will pick on the rookie. He was a big part of our defense. Other than Hendrickson Im not sure if anyone on defense would be more difficult to replace than Chido...

For sure he was imo the 2nd best defensive player on our team only behind Reader. To have any shot at the playoffs we need Eli and CTB to step up big time. They did decent yesterday, but looked shaky once Baker came in.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 10:00 AM)Garrus Wrote: For sure he was imo the 2nd best defensive player on our team only behind Reader. To have any shot at the playoffs we need Eli and CTB to step up big time. They did decent yesterday, but looked shaky once Baker came in.

I wouldn’t put a TON of stock in the way Mayfield played. We were up 35-0, 42-7. A lot of backups played, and I’m sure it was soft coverage the rest of the way.
Reply/Quote