Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daxton Hill
Thoughts on Daxton Hill? In the latest CBS mock, they have him going to the Bengals at 31.

I'm growing increasingly pessimistic that we retain Bates after next season because of these big contracts being thrown around this offseason. He's a CB/S hybrid but primarily plays S. If we did take him, does he compete for CB2 in camp or is he just a potential Bates replacement while filling the Ricardo Allen role?
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 09:34 PM)Esc33 Wrote: *Daxton Hill in the title. Sorry, auto correct snuck past me.

2 Things:

You can modify the title of your thread

Check out the draft forum
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 09:32 PM)Esc33 Wrote: Thoughts on Daxton Hill? In the latest CBS mock, they have him going to the Bengals at 31.

I'm growing increasingly pessimistic that we retain Bates after next season because of these big contracts being thrown around this offseason. He's a CB/S hybrid but primarily plays S. If we did take him, does he compete for CB2 in camp or is he just a potential Bates replacement while filling the Ricardo Allen role?

If they were gonna pay Bates BIG money they would have already done it. I like a few others think they'll draft his replacement this year and let him walk next year. Let someone else overpay for him. So yes I could see him playing the Ricardo Allen role for a year and then taking Bates spot next year.
Reply/Quote
Who's the last player we tagged then extended? Bates is as good as gone.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I think Daxton would be great at #31. He can help at corner, nickel, or safety this year and special teams and take over for Bates in ‘23.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 09:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 2 Things:

You can modify the title of your thread

Check out the draft forum

Figured the edit out... and sorry, I'm still new. Didn't see draft central at first but I see it now. Thanks
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 09:41 PM)pulses Wrote: If they were gonna pay Bates BIG money they would have already done it. I like a few others think they'll draft his replacement this year and let him walk next year. Let someone else overpay for him. So yes I could see him playing the Ricardo Allen role for a year and then taking Bates spot next year.

You think there's a huge drop-off from Hill to Cook from Cincy or Corker from UK in later rounds? Personally, I'd like to see us address CB2 or LG (hell even 3 tech or edge) over S in the 1st, but Bates will leave a big hole in that secondary in 23.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 10:14 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think Daxton would be great at #31. He can help at corner, nickel, or safety this year and special teams and take over for Bates in ‘23.

That's what I was thinking. Seems pretty versatile to just move wherever needed in a pinch
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 10:18 PM)Esc33 Wrote: Figured the edit out... and sorry, I'm still new. Didn't see draft central at first but I see it now. Thanks

I see. FWIW we have a good time in the draft forum. We even have an official Board Mock. Get about 900 more rep points in the next couple weeks, you can participate.

Seems like only yesterday I was on the Mothership helping some newb who is a "BIG deal" here getting enough points to participate. 

As to the OP: Gimme Lewis Cine. 

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 10:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I see. FWIW we have a good time in the draft forum. We even have an official Board Mock. Get about 900 more rep points in the next couple weeks, you can participate.

Seems like only yesterday I was on the Mothership helping some newb who is a "BIG deal" here getting enough points to participate. 

Lol don't know if I can achieve that, gonna be busy but I'll try. Yeah I love draft season, of course it's been a lot easier to narrow down options in previous years. 31 feels like the wild west.

But yeah seen Cine go to us in another mock. That's what got me thinking "oh damn, we might just need a safety for the future." Bell ain't a sure thing either at this point. I lean Hill because of the versatility to play corner but tbh I need to look up more on Cine. I did hear he's an athletic freak so that's intriguing.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 10:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I see. FWIW we have a good time in the draft forum. We even have an official Board Mock. Get about 900 more rep points in the next couple weeks, you can participate.

BTW, any advice for boosting my rep points faster to hit 900? Is it just a quantity or quality of posts type of thing?
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 10:54 PM)Esc33 Wrote: BTW, any advice for boosting my rep points faster to hit 900? Is it just a quantity or quality of posts type of thing?

Well I'm proof it's not quantity. I think it's like most things in life. The more you give, the more you get..

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 09:58 PM)jj22 Wrote: Who's the last player we tagged then extended? Bates is as good as gone.

I think it was Mike Nugent in 2012.

I think it was the only time we've ever signed a guy following a franchise or transition tag.

I am expecting Bates to not be on the team in 2023.

EDIT: Apparently, we re-signed Corey Dillon after transition tagging him in 2001.

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 09:32 PM)Esc33 Wrote: Thoughts on Daxton Hill? In the latest CBS mock, they have him going to the Bengals at 31.

He's my guy for the reasons mentioned.  He's somewhat realistic and an ideal dime/4th corner for a year before starting at FS or maybe even CB, he's that good.  
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 10:54 PM)Esc33 Wrote: BTW, any advice for boosting my rep points faster to hit 900? Is it just a quantity or quality of posts type of thing?

Here is a few to start but you've got to earn the rest lol

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Issue is I believe Kansas City will being eyeing Daxton Hill with one of the two picks they have right before Cincinnati if he even slides that far...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 10:52 PM)Esc33 Wrote: Lol don't know if I can achieve that, gonna be busy but I'll try. Yeah I love draft season, of course it's been a lot easier to narrow down options in previous years. 31 feels like the wild west.

But yeah seen Cine go to us in another mock. That's what got me thinking "oh damn, we might just need a safety for the future." Bell ain't a sure thing either at this point. I lean Hill because of the versatility to play corner but tbh I need to look up more on Cine. I did hear he's an athletic freak so that's intriguing.

Hill is a very good player, I prefer Cine at FS - but either would work.

Replacing Bell would require a different type of player; like a Bubba Bolden (true SS) or another interesting guy is Sterling Weatherford, tall, big hitter that could cover TE's and be an asset in the run game.

This is a very good draft to pick up a quality FS early and a very solid SS later.  Hill/Cine with Bolden/Weatherford not only provides excellent depth at both spots, provides 2 awesome special teamers, but also offers a ton of flexibility depending on their development going into next season.  (Although I think we extend Bell early)

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 10:14 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think Daxton would be great at #31. He can help at corner, nickel, or safety this year and special teams and take over for Bates in ‘23.

Wow, I don't know...I  had him a possibility of a 2nd round pick for Cincy, but he ran a crazy fast 40 time on that really fast new track at Indy and now everyone projects him as a first rounder?  Tape doesn't show that.  I like the guy, but there is going to be a LOT more talent at 31 than Dax Hill.  
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 10:18 PM)Esc33 Wrote: Figured the edit out... and sorry, I'm still new. Didn't see draft central at first but I see it now. Thanks

I've been here since the board started and I still can't figure out how to edit a thread title. LOL

Welcome!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 11:05 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think it was Mike Nugent in 2012.

I think it was the only time we've ever signed a guy following a franchise or transition tag.

I am expecting Bates to not be on the team in 2023.

EDIT: Apparently, we re-signed Corey Dillon after transition tagging him in 2001.

Wow lol I know it’s 20 years ago and a lot has changed cap wise but 6 years $32 mil and 5 years $26 mil. Crazy to imagine those being big contracts with guys getting $450 mil contracts now.
Reply/Quote