Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's talk Defensive Prospects
(03-30-2022, 02:04 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: TDN had it as he can bite on double moves but was good at zone. Considering we play almost exclusively zone, feels like a perfect set up.

No doubt his combine will help him.  I still dont think he is an early pick, lots of talent in the first couple of rounds for us to choose from.  

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 01:56 PM)Synric Wrote: Kyler Gordon is a 30-40 prospect so very late first early second. If you put on his tape you can see why people are excited about him.

Yep Gordon is a guy whose tape is better than his Combine. But the slow run does make you do a double-check on his tape.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 01:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I absolutely love ABJ. His choosing to play in his bowl game instead of opting out show the spirit I love.

WTS, he's been injured all off season and is scheduled to have a "core muscle" surgery. It may allow him to fall.

Others I like:

31: Boye Mafe

62: Jalen Pitre

95: Jayln Armour-Davis

Likewise on liking Booth. Since I'm not a draft guru, I also try and look for players that match Zac's framework for who to draft and one criteria is players who have been in the big moments. Playing at Clemson afforded ABJ meaningful & big game experience. He's all of a sudden going in the 20s though in mocks, so maybe he's not there at 31? I remind myself that the pro-mocks are often way compared to the actual draft results.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 05:26 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Not sure how any team can spend a 1st on Gordon who ran a 4.5 at the combine and then refused to run the 40 at his pro day?  He has great hips and many other good attributes but I think that time compared to the others will push him back.

Gordon has been dropping last few mocks I have saw he's been going towards the end of 2.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 01:51 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Is Mafe your 2022 Kwity Paye?

Yeah I hope so. I was big on Paye and he made the All-Rookie team and was the best pure DE taken in the draft last year. Of course another fine fav (Parsons) put it at another level.

Mafe and Paye are almost identical in size and and surprisingly Mafe is more athletic. 

Paye cam in at 6'3" and 261 to the Combine. Mafe was 6'4" 261.

Paye ran a 4.57, a vert of 35.5, and a broad of 118 at his Pro Day

Mafe beat all of those. Hell the kid may be more comparable to Parsons than Paye
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Please can we not use a #1 on a slot corner and get A CB1. Thanx!
Reply/Quote
Nice thread, I like tons of guys early...

- Boye Mafe, Edge Minny
- David Ojabo now with the injury might be a no brainer with his talent

- Andrew Booth CB Clemson if he falls for some reason
- Kaiir Elam
- Kyler Gordon

- Jaquan Brisker S Penn State
- Daxton Hill
- Cine
- Jalen Pitre in a trade back

- Devonte Wyatt DT Georgia
- Travis Jones DT UCONN
Reply/Quote