Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daxton Hill
(03-29-2022, 10:23 PM)Esc33 Wrote: You think there's a huge drop-off from Hill to Cook from Cincy or Corker from UK in later rounds? Personally, I'd like to see us address CB2 or LG (hell even 3 tech or edge) over S in the 1st, but Bates will leave a big hole in that secondary in 23.

(03-30-2022, 07:43 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Wow, I don't know...I  had him a possibility of a 2nd round pick for Cincy, but he ran a crazy fast 40 time on that really fast new track at Indy and now everyone projects him as a first rounder?  Tape doesn't show that.  I like the guy, but there is going to be a LOT more talent at 31 than Dax Hill.  

Hill is most likely the 2nd safety taken in the draft, he is very good.

Cine and Brisker are also at his level although they are different type of players (Brisker could go FS but more likely SS). Pitre could fit in here as well but is more a box guy as well.

The next tier is Cross and Joseph.

The following tier would be Cook and Corker.

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 10:23 PM)Esc33 Wrote: You think there's a huge drop-off from Hill to Cook from Cincy or Corker from UK in later rounds? Personally, I'd like to see us address CB2 or LG (hell even 3 tech or edge) over S in the 1st, but Bates will leave a big hole in that secondary in 23.

It would depend upon who was left on the board. If Hill, Booth, and Elam are on the board, I would probably draft one of the two CBs. I think Elam could play S, also.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 10:52 PM)Esc33 Wrote: Lol don't know if I can achieve that, gonna be busy but I'll try. Yeah I love draft season, of course it's been a lot easier to narrow down options in previous years. 31 feels like the wild west.

But yeah seen Cine go to us in another mock. That's what got me thinking "oh damn, we might just need a safety for the future." Bell ain't a sure thing either at this point. I lean Hill because of the versatility to play corner but tbh I need to look up more on Cine. I did hear he's an athletic freak so that's intriguing.

I think Cine can cover like a FS and hit like a SS. He might be too aggressive with the big hits. I’ve seen him give himself at least one concussion laying out a WR. Probably easier to dial that down than to dial it up.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 07:43 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Wow, I don't know...I  had him a possibility of a 2nd round pick for Cincy, but he ran a crazy fast 40 time on that really fast new track at Indy and now everyone projects him as a first rounder?  Tape doesn't show that.  I like the guy, but there is going to be a LOT more talent at 31 than Dax Hill.  

In McShay’s and Bucky Brooks recent mocks they had Dax going to KC @#30. Daniel Jeremiah ranks Dax as the #19 overall prospect in the draft. The guy I want at #31 is Zion Johnson. I don’t think he’s available. He reminds me of Quenton Nelson. My second choice is Tyler Linderbaum but nor do I think he’s available at #31. Kenyon Green works too but I doubt he’s still available either. Looking at our realistic opportunities Dax could be there. Dax is off the charts athletic. Versatile as all get out. He’s from a winning program. He’s very smart. But I think he goes to KC
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 11:53 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote:  Kenyon Green works too but I doubt he’s still available either. 

Kenyon Green had a so so year and wasn't really good at the combine.  His measurables are good though.  34 1/2 inch arms, over 80 wingspan to go with his thick body.  He began the year in the top ten and now it's just a guesstimate where he drops.  He might be available.  And he has that trait that the Bengals have tried to migrate to...was a captain on his team.  He is also young and considered by some to be versatile.  He's getting a second look from me even though some think an o-line pick is over kill.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 10:41 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Hill is most likely the 2nd safety taken in the draft, he is very good.  

Cine and Brisker are also at his level although they are different type of players (Brisker could go FS but more likely SS).  Pitre could fit in here as well but is more a box guy as well.

The next tier is Cross and Joseph.  

The following tier would be Cook and Corker.

FWIW, I would take Cross in the 2nd before the others in their respective ranges, especially for a SS. Hes got the same measurables as Bell but he's a better athlete and seems like he's got better ball skills. Love to mock me a Cross.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 12:28 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: FWIW, I would take Cross in the 2nd before the others in their respective ranges, especially for a SS. Hes got the same measurables as Bell but he's a better athlete and seems like he's got better ball skills. Love to mock me a Cross.

Makes sense, Cross is a very good player.  But he is a single high FS (he is the fastest safety in the draft).  He probably has a 3rd round grade but may not last until our pick, I'd take him to back up Bates and as a possible replacement next year.

Bolden and Weatherford are very good values later in the draft for in the box SS prospects. 

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 10:18 PM)Esc33 Wrote: Figured the edit out... and sorry, I'm still new. Didn't see draft central at first but I see it now. Thanks

Your humility is refreshing.
Reply/Quote
I'm a Hill believer. He's a premium athlete who is extremely quick and fast. He plays the game with good awareness and enthusiasm. He'd be a good pick at 31 - maybe a great pick if his skills and the scheme mesh well.

Just to illustrate how much of a freak athlete he is:
https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/daxton-hill

They could still keep Bates around even if they do pick Hill IMHO. It'd just give them more options with how they want to approach retaining players in the secondary. 
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 10:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well I'm proof it's not quantity. I think it's like most things in life. The more you give, the more you get..

Cool
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 06:34 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Your humility is refreshing.

Humility is the best recipe for growth in this crazy world
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 11:53 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: In McShay’s and Bucky Brooks recent mocks they had Dax going to KC @#30. Daniel Jeremiah ranks Dax as the #19 overall prospect in the draft. The guy I want at #31 is Zion Johnson. I don’t think he’s available. He reminds me of Quenton Nelson. My second choice is Tyler Linderbaum but nor do I think he’s available at #31. Kenyon Green works too but I doubt he’s still available either. Looking at our realistic opportunities Dax could be there. Dax is off the charts athletic. Versatile as all get out. He’s from a winning program. He’s very smart. But I think he goes to KC

Very surprised, but I guess we will see.  I think the media types fall in love with the combine freaks more than the teams, but we shall see.

As far as the Bengals first round pick, I just can't see them using in on a safety or guard.  The value will be at DE, DT, CB, or WR.  
Reply/Quote
I am a trade back guy at #31 UNLESS there is a great orospect that drops to us. I put Hill in that category. Alonf with Linderbaum, Johnson, Wyatt, and Booth & McDuffie at corner.

I don't quite put Green in the "must take if there" tier, but it is close.

If thise guys are all gone, I'd try to trade down & get an extra Day 2 pick. With our 2 2nds, try to get some sort of CB/DT combo (Gordon, McCreary, Woolen + Winfrey, Hall). Though a S, TE, or pass rusher who falls (Ojabo?) might be worth a look.

I circle back with my 2 Rd 3 picks. Pif I have not addressed CB, I really look to here (Marcus Jones, Kendrick, Taylor-Brit, Bryant). Might even take a peak at WR or a falling OL talent (Faalele).

I think we should get a decent prospect in Rd 4. TE, S, and WR are pretty deep. As is CB. Maybe some OL help.

Whatever we miss in, we will have to citcle back in FA and sign some help. Particularly if CB, 3T, or swing OT is not addressed.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 09:32 PM)Esc33 Wrote: Thoughts on Daxton Hill? In the latest CBS mock, they have him going to the Bengals at 31.

I'm growing increasingly pessimistic that we retain Bates after next season because of these big contracts being thrown around this offseason. He's a CB/S hybrid but primarily plays S. If we did take him, does he compete for CB2 in camp or is he just a potential Bates replacement while filling the Ricardo Allen role?

I like a lot of Safeties that we could grab at 31 including Hill. At least 3 anyways in Brisker, Hill and Cine.

It will be telling about the Bates situation if we grab one at 31. All I know is I want our players to be happy
and if Bates isn't we should move on. Doesn't matter how good he is, well it does, he isn't a top 5 safety and
he shouldn't be paid like one, bottom line.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 10:54 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: It would depend upon who was left on the board. If Hill, Booth, and Elam are on the board, I would probably draft one of the two CBs. I think Elam could play S, also.

I would take Elam.  It would be nice to have a 1st rounder for an extra year at a way more expensive position.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 11:53 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: In McShay’s and Bucky Brooks recent mocks they had Dax going to KC @#30. Daniel Jeremiah ranks Dax as the #19 overall prospect in the draft. The guy I want at #31 is Zion Johnson. I don’t think he’s available. He reminds me of Quenton Nelson. My second choice is Tyler Linderbaum but nor do I think he’s available at #31. Kenyon Green works too but I doubt he’s still available either. Looking at our realistic opportunities Dax could be there. Dax is off the charts athletic. Versatile as all get out. He’s from a winning program. He’s very smart. But I think he goes to KC

Quenton had the tag of "generational talent" coming out.  I haven't heard anyone say that yet about Zion, but yeah I bet he's starter worthy.
Reply/Quote

Yeah I personally prefer a CB over S, even if we lock down Gilmore on a one year, but there does seem to be some good value at S towards late 1st/early 2nd. Position wise, I won't be too upset with any direction we take as long as it's not QB or RB at 31 lol.
Reply/Quote