Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Day 1 in Camp 1st Fight
Orlando Brown and Trey Hendrickson got into a scuffle at practice today.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Sounds like Orlando needs to get some nail clippers.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The KC rivalry is real. These guys can't stop hating each other even when they become teammates.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2023, 09:07 PM)phil413 Wrote: The KC rivalry is real. These guys can't stop hating each other even when they become teammates.

I’d imagine it went like this. Trey beats him and Zeus gets him back and they go back and forth and guess what?
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Massive claw marks? Yikes. Is this guy a Bengal tiger for real?
Reply/Quote
Great writeup here. Free to me.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2023/07/26/first-cincinnati-bengals-2023-nfl-training-camp-observations/70473981007/

New Cincinnati Bengals left tackle Orlando Brown Jr.’s father, a former All-Pro who played for the Cleveland Browns and the Baltimore Ravens, was an undrafted free agent who fought for a place in the NFL.When Orlando Brown Jr. was growing up, Orlando Brown Sr. told him the stories of having to “earn his keep” with a “blue collar mentality.” Even though Brown Jr. is a four-time Pro Bowler who’s playing on a new big contract with the Bengals, he carries those lessons from his father’s career with him.

On Wednesday, three snaps into the first practice of Bengals training camp, Brown Jr. ended up in a skirmish with Bengals Pro Bowl defensive end Trey Hendrickson, who’s known as “Blackout Trey” because of his fiery personality on the field. 
“(My mindset) was something he instilled early on,” Brown said. “Take no (stuff). Handle your business. A lot of times, when I put that helmet on, that’s just my natural self, no matter who is in front of me. Today, my emotions got the best of me. I hate that.”

There was pushing and shoving following a matchup between Hendrickson and Brown early during Wednesday’s practice. The coaching staff pulled Hendrickson for the following rep, but Brown said the incident was his responsibility. 
“I never want to be the guy my teammates look at like that,” Brown said. “I was really fired up in the moment, and things got a little intense. I just blacked out. It just happens. That’s football. I can’t even describe it any other way.”

In each of the last two seasons, when Brown played for the Kansas City Chiefs, he faced Hendrickson twice a year. They matched up for almost every snap when Hendrickson was in the game. Sometimes, Brown blocked Hendrickson out of the play. Other times, Hendrickson blew by Brown for pressures on Patrick Mahomes. It was a near-even matchup between two multi-time Pro Bowlers.
The Bengals signed Brown to be the final piece on one of the best offenses in football. A banged-up Bengals offensive line couldn’t protect Burrow during the AFC Championship Game, so they brought in Brown.Even with the one play against Hendrickson during practice on Wednesday, Brown has fit in seamlessly. 

“He’s the best,” Bengals center Ted Karras said. “What a huge signing. He’s going to put us over the top here. He has size. And how easy of an install he is (to the team). He’s a smart, high-energy guy. He’s a culture driver. He has made fast friends.”
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I dig it!
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Blackout Trey and now Blackout Orlando. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Nothing wrong with a little scrap up in training camp. Love to see the 2 top dogs in the trenches setting the tone for the young guys. WHO DEY!

Cigar
Reply/Quote
Just introducing themselves, no big deal.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Good sign on two fronts. First, it's great to see that intensity on the first day of practice! Second, really good of him to take responsibility for it, apologize to Trey, and the whole team.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Nothing wrong with a little dust-up between two battle tested veteran leaders to set the tone for the younger guys trying to make the squad.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
It's football, it happens every training camp.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2023, 09:33 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Great writeup here. Free to me.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2023/07/26/first-cincinnati-bengals-2023-nfl-training-camp-observations/70473981007/

Thank you for copying and pasting for the rest of us to read who do not subscribe.

(07-27-2023, 07:41 AM)Wyche Wrote: Good sign on two fronts. First, it's great to see that intensity on the first day of practice! Second, really good of him to take responsibility for it, apologize to Trey, and the whole team.

Friggen exciting.

Reply/Quote
Crazy how the narrative changes when you are a good team.

If we just went 2-15 we’d be mad AF.

But now it’s “they really care about the game” type stuff.

It’s just funny

But i agree. This stuff is good as long as everyone makes up after
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I can't remember who it was being interviewed last season about Trey in the "Top 100", but his quote was "Man, that guy never shuts up, but he's a top talent" I imagine Trey was talking shit. I love it. Iron sharpens iron. Working against each other will only make both better.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 11:07 AM)Housh Wrote: Crazy how the narrative changes when you are a good team.

If we just went 2-15 we’d be mad AF.

But now it’s “they really care about the game” type stuff.

It’s just funny

But i agree. This stuff is good as long as everyone makes up after

To me, it would still show intensity and some "signs of life" for a 2-15 team. I get what you mean though. Others would probably balk at it if we were losing.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 11:51 AM)Wyche Wrote: To me, it would still show intensity and some "signs of life" for a 2-15 team. I get what you mean though. Others would probably balk at it if we were losing.

Yep, we'd be calling them those "scrappy" Bengals.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 08:00 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nothing wrong with a little dust-up between two battle tested veteran leaders to set the tone for the younger guys trying to make the squad.

Agreed.   What's not to like about the culture of this team?
Reply/Quote