Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Deangelo Williams
Said the bengals want to be the steelers and the Ravens want to be the steelers I'm sorry who won the afc north last year? i have a question why do all the backups talk shit on the steelers but when we talk shit it's actually starters?
Reply/Quote
Every player talks crap. Some just want media attention.

I don't think either team wants to 'be like' the Steelers. Maybe their overall success, sure.

Reply/Quote
Edit they want to emulate the steelers
Reply/Quote
We want pink highlights in our dreds?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Dude's been talking shit from the second he joined the Steelers as if he was trying to fit in on his new team by being as much of a D Bag as possible.

All it took for the Panthers to go to the SB was for him to leave. Just sayin.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
A steeler whiner? No surprise there.
Reply/Quote
In general I like DeAngelo Williams. I don't agree with everything he says, but I like that he talks ISH. The Bengals do it and we thump our chests. Steelers do it and we shake our heads.

Frankly, yeah, he's right. The Bengals and their fan base would trade franchise histories with the Steelers in a New York minute. That's not a black mark against the city of Cincinnati, the fans, or any player on the Bengals roster. Truth is, the Steelers organization has it figured out from top to bottom. The Bengals are working on it. They'll get there. But, yeah, right now, today... The Steelers have the skins on the wall. The Bengals organization SHOULD want those skins. So, I have no problem with what Williams said.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2016, 09:49 AM)PDub80 Wrote: In general I like DeAngelo Williams. I don't agree with everything he says, but I like that he talks ISH. The Bengals do it and we thump our chests. Steelers do it and we shake our heads.

Frankly, yeah, he's right. The Bengals and their fan base would trade franchise histories with the Steelers in a New York minute. That's not a black mark against the city of Cincinnati, the fans, or any player on the Bengals roster. Truth is, the Steelers organization has it figured out from top to bottom. The Bengals are working on it. They'll get there. But, yeah, right now, today... The Steelers have the skins on the wall. The Bengals organization SHOULD want those skins. So, I have no problem with what Williams said.

Completely disagree.  I don't hear any of the Bengals players running around saying that teams want to be the Bengals or anything like that.

Yes, the Steelers have some history, but they hardly have it figured out.  When is the last time they've won a Super Bowl?  

Before you jump on me and say anything about not wanting to change franchises with them, I wouldn't trade the current state of the teams.  Sure, I would take the HISTORY of the Steelers and their Super Bowls, but right now I would't trade organizations.  
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2016, 11:50 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Completely disagree.  I don't hear any of the Bengals players running around saying that teams want to be the Bengals or anything like that.

Yes, the Steelers have some history, but they hardly have it figured out.  When is the last time they've won a Super Bowl?  

Before you jump on me and say anything about not wanting to change franchises with them, I wouldn't trade the current state of the teams.  Sure, I would take the HISTORY of the Steelers and their Super Bowls, but right now I would't trade organizations.  

- Why would they say that other teams or their players would want to be the Bengals? Why on Earth would they say that? 5 straight 1 & done(s)? On top of that, why does everyone's trash talk have to be the same? You realize that when people talk trash they aren't usually going to bring up refutable points, right? He basically pointed to the scoreboard so, yeah... NO, the Bengals (nor the fans) can say much back on his point without coming off as idiots.

And this is a division rivalry. Why would the Bengals start talking junk on the Jaguars or something? Who do the Bengals have as a divisional rival to talk trash to? The Ravens? They've won some Superbowls recently, but the Bengals have had their number and it's been relatively respectful from their side. The Browns? Why kick a dog when it's down? There's no trash talk coming from over there.

Nope. This is between the Bengals and the Steelers and the Steelers player got a good shot in.

- "Some" history? Some Hilarious ? If the Steelers have "some" than the Bengals have effectively NONE in comparison. Last time they won a Superbowl? Is your google broken? Did you just start watching football in the last 5 years?  They won the Superbowl 8 seasons ago, appeared in one 6 seasons ago, and had won another one 10 seasons ago.

^ The Bengals haven't advanced even one single round in the playoffs in 25 years. For a Bengals fan to throw Superbowls and playoff records out there as an argument against the Steelers and for the Bengals is like someone bragging the the CEO of Apple about how many times they've been laid off from a middle management job at all of fast food dives around town! Are you kidding me with that?

"You know, I was the GM of a Steak-N-Shake before they laid me off. Bound to happen, right? It's a numbers game. Pfffft, look at you. Silicon valley mogul, huh? Bet that sucks!"  Hilarious

- I 100% agree with you on not trading with them today, or even over the last several years IMO. I love what the Bengals have done and the direction of the franchise. I'm so proud to be a Bengals fan, even in the aftermath of the "Melt Down at Paul Brown". But when D Williams points at the scoreboard from last year and has the histories of the franchises to back him up, Bengals fans need to find another comeback other than... We drafted well or pointing out that the Steelers didn't win it all this season.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2016, 09:49 AM)PDub80 Wrote: In general I like DeAngelo Williams. I don't agree with everything he says, but I like that he talks ISH. The Bengals do it and we thump our chests. Steelers do it and we shake our heads.

Their history is of pumping all their players so full of various things to win that they are all dying young. Loads of guys in their 40s and 50s dying of heart failure, people dying of kidney failure,

Don't know about you, but I like the fact that Anthony Munoz is nearly out of his 50s and isn't dead yet. Soooo... nope. Wouldn't trade.

...not even touching the fact that if trading meant we were all as shitty as Steelers fans, we'd all not be able to look ourselves in the mirror anymore.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
some of you care way too much about little trash talk from other players, go play sports, its apart of the game.

So when a rival says something bad about us, dont wine about it, we do it too...
Reply/Quote
I'm not complaining about smack talk I'm complaining that all their backups say it while our stars say it their backups say it bc they know they aren't gonna get on the field enough to get hurt by us for saying it
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2016, 11:50 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Completely disagree.  I don't hear any of the Bengals players running around saying that teams want to be the Bengals or anything like that.

Exactly.  Their lone playoff victory in the Dalton/Green Era was last year, if I am not mistaken. 

I heard their games were going to be shown on the History Channel, because so many of their fans are living in the past.  

The best was watching them get beat by Tim Tebow.  I already liked Tebow (I know, the minority) but after beating the steelers in the postseason, he will always be a fav.  
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2016, 10:15 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Exactly.  Their lone playoff victory in the Dalton/Green Era was last year, if I am not mistaken. 

I heard their games were going to be shown on the History Channel, because so many of their fans are living in the past.  

The best was watching them get beat by Tim Tebow.  I already liked Tebow (I know, the minority) but after beating the steelers in the postseason, he will always be a fav.  

^ Good points

I also don't hate Tim Tebow. As sarcastic and less than warm & fuzzy I am with sports, I actually appreciated Tim Tebow's attitude and how hard he would effort. And, yeah, that lightening strike to stun the Steelers is so priceless! Made me rethink "Maybe God DOES watch football?"
Reply/Quote
After today's news, the irony is that the Steelers are clearly trying to be the '06 Bengals.
Reply/Quote
To be fair, Deangelo Williams is a solid backup and would start for many teams. That said, the dude is freaking annoying and I also happen to live literally about 5 minutes away from him.
Reply/Quote
Deangelo will prob have a pretty good game against us... considering we will be triplecovering AB and playing damage control on defense. Offense scores 21+ and we win imo.

Shouldn't be hard with Dalton back against that D.. but the first game last year wasn't a cakewalk either.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2016, 05:29 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Said the bengals want to be the steelers  and the Ravens want to be the steelers I'm sorry who won the afc north last year? i have a question why do all the backups talk shit on the steelers but when we talk shit it's actually starters?

As much as I hate the Steelers we have to face the fact that their backup RB outproduced our starting RBs.  Some shit-talking on his part is par for the course, I'm afraid.  Oy, if you would have said at this time last year that DeAngelo Williams would outproduce Jeremy Hill in 2015 people would have had you committed.  Such is life, onto 2016.
Reply/Quote
Was a big fan of Williams when he was at Memphis and thought he had NFL star written all over him.

But he is getting long in the tooth now and should not be barking so loud.

Especially since Bell is about as durable as a glass bell with a heavy steel clapper.

He may be broken and Williams may just have to face Bengals defence after flapping his gums.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
For some reason my phone will not allow me to edit post to fix word " defense"

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote