Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dear Margus
(09-11-2016, 07:01 PM)treee Wrote: I'm not letting hunt off the hook yet. I'll admit, he had a hell of a game in some aspects. We need to make sure we use him correctly. He made some great plays, got to the QB a couple times, and obviously the field goal block.

You sir forgot you are talking about a backup DL who dominated today against a very good OL on the road. I just don't get those who can't admit they were wrong and our coaching staff was right as was Tobin who put this roster together.

Our OL was dominated but the guy many hated on here for years also showed today he has the heart of a champion and is a great NFL QB. Dalton got trashed, Hunt gets trashed and he is our backup. Some fans need to just STFU and enjoy wins
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Hunt had 1 tackle. Im excited he blocked the FG and that was huge but Im not shucking corn over the overall performance in his 4th year.
Reply/Quote
Dear Margus,

Nice game! I'm not sorry I bashed you cause you didn't do a damn thing in 3 years. However, I am glad that you hung in there and didn't give up.

Now do it for a whole year. We're going to need it.

BengalChris

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 05:17 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Hows it going? I'm Bigzo. I see that your wife is pretty hot. Is she Estonian too?

All those times I said you sucked.

I'm sorry, truly. PLEASE FORGIVE ME

*Sobs Uncontrolably*.

The Jets game ball should go to you. We would've lost if it weren't for you.

Nice looks like he was just waiting for the regular season to go hunting 
Reply/Quote
How many pressure did he have?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I was certainly very happily surprised by his overall play.He made more than one good football play today, and looked like he really belonged on the field. Just build on it, Margus.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 08:21 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You sir forgot you are talking about a backup DL who dominated today against a very good OL on the road. I just don't get those who can't admit they were wrong and our coaching staff was right as was Tobin who put this roster together.

Our OL was dominated but the guy many hated on here for years also showed today he has the heart of a champion and is a great NFL QB. Dalton got trashed, Hunt gets trashed and he is our backup. Some fans need to just STFU and enjoy wins

Dude, this was the first time he has made an impact in a regular season NFL game in the 3 years he has been here. My reservations are completely reasonable. I don't know why you chose my post to go off the deep on with, but whatever.

Edit: Also I think that dominated is a little over the top. He has multiple missed tackles, including a huge rush gain where he missed a tackle on the edge. I'd say he was definitely serviceable though if he can stop missing so many tackles.
Reply/Quote
Margus Hunt was the proverbial blind squirrel today.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 08:21 PM)GodFather Wrote: Hunt had 1 tackle. Im excited he blocked the FG and that was huge but Im not shucking corn over the overall performance in his 4th year.

He also accidentally deflected a pass, that was almost intercepted, as he was in the QBs face.  He gave good effort, finally got a stat.  For as much crap as I have given the guy, he did well in his snaps today.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 08:21 PM)GodFather Wrote: Hunt had 1 tackle. Im excited he blocked the FG and that was huge but Im not shucking corn over the overall performance in his 4th year.

His first 2-years were more like his college years, so now he's a 2nd year Pro. 
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 11:45 PM)Utts Wrote: His first 2-years were more like his college years, so now he's a 2nd year Pro. 

Then he should've gotten paid like one  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 08:53 PM)treee Wrote: Dude, this was the first time he has made an impact in a regular season NFL game in the 3 years he has been here. My reservations are completely reasonable. I don't know why you chose my post to go off the deep on with, but whatever.

Edit: Also I think that dominated is a little over the top. He has multiple missed tackles, including a huge rush gain where he missed a tackle on the edge. I'd say he was definitely serviceable though if he can stop missing so many tackles.
I agree with Tree. It was great to see 99 actually trying to play the game. Yes, he is slow afoot, but that is not his strength. Hopefully the game today will motivate him...I suspect the coaches "motivated" him...I too need to see more of this effort from him. I am very thankful the Bengals won though. And no serious injuries.

There were a lot of tackles missed by several Bengals in the Jets backfield.
Kirkpatrick played his "typical" game. ! positive and 3 negative plays.
The center and interior OL looked like a sieve today. Hope they clean that up or Pittsburgh will maim Dalton next week.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 09:01 PM)jason Wrote: Margus Hunt was the proverbial blind squirrel today.

Well, based on what I saw from the rest of the defensive line today, I will say that we needed that blind squirrel and he helped win the game.  He tipped a pass, had a TFL, had several hurries, and blocked a FG.  I call that a pretty damn good day for our backup DE/swing DT.

I will take my crow with some Tabasco. 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 01:11 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Well, based on what I saw from the rest of the defensive line today, I will say that we needed that blind squirrel and he helped win the game.  He tipped a pass, had a TFL, had several hurries, and blocked a FG.  I call that a pretty damn good day for our backup DE/swing DT.

I will take my crow with some Tabasco. 

Agreed. Plus even on plays where he wasn't near the ball, he made smart decisions. I saw him once, just by staying home and holding his edge, he helped the defense make a big stop for little to no gain. Sometimes it's not the visible things, it's the stuff we normally don't notice as fans that makes a huge difference in the game. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 01:21 AM)Shady Wrote: Agreed. Plus even on plays where he wasn't near the ball, he made smart decisions. I saw him once, just by staying home and holding his edge, he helped the defense make a big stop for little to no gain. Sometimes it's not the visible things, it's the stuff we normally don't notice as fans that makes a huge difference in the game. 

I thought Hunt did well today. That's one good game from him. Hopefully we're going to see more of this.

Reply/Quote
For the first time in his career, Margus Hunt positively impacted this team during the regular season.

I'm happy that the investment this team has made in him is finally paying some minor dividends.

If Margus were a stock portfolio, he would have been a steady decline in the red for 3 years. Finally, a minor uptick means we are now at -$750,000 rather than -$800,000, like we were at the beginning of this pre-season.

Hopefully, he keeps it up.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:07 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: No doubt in my mind, as far as week one goes, we ALL owe him an apology. Hope he continues to build on the day he had today.

Not me, I said 4 weeks ago this was going to be his break out year, and got laughed at. I'm also probably one of the only one's on the board who has purchased his jersey at the start of last year.
Reply/Quote

He also had a blocked pass and had Fitz running for his life on several plays.
Reply/Quote
It seems to me Hunt usually lines up at left end, but yesterday he played the right side more. I'm wondering if he is just more comfortable on that side. Also, lining up at tackle sure seems to fit him.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 08:06 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: For the first time in his career, Margus Hunt positively impacted this team during the regular season.

I'm happy that the investment this team has made in him is finally paying some minor dividends.

If Margus were a stock portfolio, he would have been a steady decline in the red for 3 years. Finally, a minor uptick means we are now at -$750,000 rather than -$800,000, like we were at the beginning of this pre-season.

Hopefully, he keeps it up.

At least he had an uptick:

2nd rounder- Devon Still
2nd rounder- Kenny Irons
3rd rounder- Dontay Moch
3rd rounder- Will Clarke
3rd rounder- Brandon Ghee
3rd rounder- Chase Coffman
3rd rounder- PJ Dawson

Some will say Irons had injuries, but so did Hunt.  What I saw against the Jets was pressure and using his length to help bat passes and kicks.  That is a VERY significant uptick when you look at the alarming lack of depth now at the DE/swing DT position. 

I'm not putting Margus in the HOF, but it is a very positive sign what we saw against a Jets team that virtually shut down the rest of our defensive line. 
Reply/Quote