Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dear Margus
What he did yesterday, he did against a very good Oline. If he can play that well against the Jets, he should really make in impact in a lot of games this year.....
Reply/Quote
Premature thread.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 08:30 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Premature thread.

Why be a spoil sport? Enjoy the accomplishments.....
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 08:18 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It seems to me Hunt usually lines up at left end, but yesterday he played the right side more. I'm wondering if he is just more comfortable on that side. Also, lining up at tackle sure seems to fit him.

Hunt did appear to be more comfortable at Tackle.  Perhaps going against a C/G gives him an athletic mismatch that he can exploit? 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 08:44 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hunt did appear to be more comfortable at Tackle.  Perhaps going against a C/G gives him an athletic mismatch that he can exploit? 

Well talk about clogging the passing lanes....
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 08:48 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Well talk about clogging the passing lanes....

Exactly, deflected a pass without even really attempting, just by being a huge body in front of the QB.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 08:36 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Why be a spoil sport? Enjoy the accomplishments.....

Wink

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 08:30 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Premature thread.
This...

I will admit that early on I found myself wondering who's the white guy. When he blocked the FG I thought it was Hunt, but the camera zoomed in on Dunlap after that. Then I could see him congratulate Hunt. I was literally shocked when he hit Powell behind the line.

I have to see it again though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Clearly it was Hunt's best day as a Bengal. Hope they saved some of it for this Sunday.
Reply/Quote
For those who want to bash Hunt, how did Clarke do yesterday in his limited snaps? He is year 2 and has yet to show anything in a real game. I guess the difference is I don't expect our backup DE to be an impact player, I expect him to hold his own and not get dominated. I am not bashing Clarke, on the contrary I think we need to be patient and not trash him,. I have not seen Hunt dominated by the OL he is against. Peopl act like Hunt was a 1st round pick when in reality he was a 3rd round pick. Thompson and Still were drafted higher I do believe.

I guess I just don't get the Hunt hatred. In my opinion, he is a very good option at DT spelling Geno, Sims or Peko. I think he also plays the run OK and sometimes well. He has not been a stud pass rusher and that seems to be all fans focus on, yet we complain when teams rush for 150 yards like they did yesterday with mainly Dunlap, Peko, Geno and Johnson get abused in the running game.

My point is a very good run stopper gets no credit, but a sack determines the total value of an opinion of some when in reality all of it is important.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 05:19 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I've started a Crow Buffet which I have a full plate of right now in another thread, if you want to join me??

Pass that shit on down to me....I like Texas Pete with my crow.  I was all for cutting him, "worthless", I said.  Then, he blocks a kick, blocks a pass, pressures all day, decent against the run....actually played a very nice overall games.  Got any collards to go with that crow?

I was literally stunned and speechless on more than one occasion when I saw 99 making plays.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 10:32 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: For those who want to bash Hunt, how did Clarke do yesterday in his limited snaps? He is year 2 and has yet to show anything in a real game. I guess the difference is I don't expect our backup DE to be an impact player, I expect him to hold his own and not get dominated. I am not bashing Clarke, on the contrary I think we need to be patient and not trash him,. I have not seen Hunt dominated by the OL he is against. Peopl act like Hunt was a 1st round pick when in reality he was a 3rd round pick. Thompson and Still were drafted higher I do believe.

I guess I just don't get the Hunt hatred. In my opinion, he is a very good option at DT spelling Geno, Sims or Peko. I think he also plays the run OK and sometimes well. He has not been a stud pass rusher and that seems to be all fans focus on, yet we complain when teams rush for 150 yards like they did yesterday with mainly Dunlap, Peko, Geno and Johnson get abused in the running game.

My point is a very good run stopper gets no credit, but a sack determines the total value of an opinion of some when in reality all of it is important.

Man, Margus has just been terrible up to this point....not even good at clogging the lanes.  He was an abomination in preseason this year, looked like he wasn't even trying at times, getting pushed all over the place.....the hate was legit, he sucked(s).  

That said, yesterday, he looked like a totally different player.  Let's hope he continues.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 10:32 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: For those who want to bash Hunt, how did Clarke do yesterday in his limited snaps? He is year 2 and has yet to show anything in a real game. I guess the difference is I don't expect our backup DE to be an impact player, I expect him to hold his own and not get dominated. I am not bashing Clarke, on the contrary I think we need to be patient and not trash him,. I have not seen Hunt dominated by the OL he is against. Peopl act like Hunt was a 1st round pick when in reality he was a 3rd round pick. Thompson and Still were drafted higher I do believe.

Who wants to bash Hunt? He just had his first productive game.

Clarke is in his 3rd year now. Hunt is in his 4th and was a 2nd round pick. Will Clarke was a 3rd round pick.

There's no hatred for Hunt, just more like when is he going to show up and he's a bust for a 2nd round pick after 3 years of nothing. That's not hate, that's just pointing out in the off season that he hasn't done anything, which was 100% true for his first 3 years.

Three years of nothing for a 2nd round pick is a bit ridiculous you'd have to admit. Could you imagine Boyd not contributing until his 4th year?

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 05:17 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Hows it going? I'm Bigzo. I see that your wife is pretty hot. Is she Estonian too?

All those times I said you sucked.

I'm sorry, truly. PLEASE FORGIVE ME

*Sobs Uncontrolably*.

The Jets game ball should go to you. We would've lost if it weren't for you.

Bigzo,
 Me Margus. Me like letter. Estonian, is that special cannoli? Me like pastries. Game ball good, Jets bad. Me win game for you and other spinning fans. Must run to ball...must run to ball. Coach P says run to ball. Margus stop ball. Margus hungry for creamy Estonian.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 11:24 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Who wants to bash Hunt? He just had his first productive game.

Clarke is in his 3rd year now. Hunt is in his 4th and was a 2nd round pick. Will Clarke was a 3rd round pick.

There's no hatred for Hunt, just more like when is he going to show up and he's a bust for a 2nd round pick after 3 years of nothing. That's not hate, that's just pointing out in the off season that he hasn't done anything, which was 100% true for his first 3 years.

Three years of nothing for a 2nd round pick is a bit ridiculous you'd have to admit. Could you imagine Boyd not contributing until his 4th year?

Sorry if not you, but anyone who calls any player trash or says he is a POS is bashing him. It amazes me some fans who think they know more than a coaching staff and FO that has established themselves as top 5 in the NFL the past 5 years. If ML and Tobin thinks Hunt deserves his job and his pay, then I side with them. You see, they know all the facts including injury and watch every practice. We see snapshots and have no idea the health of any player at any given time and form opinions based on very limited info.

We are all different, but I could care less if drafted in round 1 or a free agent, once they make the team they are a Bengal. It is great a 4th round pick like Geno becomes a Superstar or a 2nd round pick like Dunlap. But look around the league, I see 1st round misses or 2nd round misses all the time. A draft position is not a guarantee of success in the NFL. Ponder, Locker and Gabbert were all drafted ahead of Andy and how did they work out?

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
As I was watching the game, I was wondering if there would be a thread on here like this.  I too was among the majority clamoring for us to just move on already, but damn....  dude literally saved the day yesterday.  And not just the blocked kick, he actually looked pretty damn viable most of the plays he was on the field for.  I am soo soo soo desperately hoping to see this on a more regular basis this season.  I am reluctant to 100% retract all of my personal feelings wanting to cut ties with him completely, as this was just opening weekend.  I need to see more of that effort and energy as the year goes on, but I completely agree he should be our MVP of yesterday's game, or at least certainly the defensive MVP (Obvously AJ should be the offensive MVP, embarrassing Revis and company as he did all afternoon)
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 11:59 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Sorry if not you, but anyone who calls any player trash or says he is a POS is bashing him. It amazes me some fans who think they know more than a coaching staff and FO that has established themselves as top 5 in the NFL the past 5 years. If ML and Tobin thinks Hunt deserves his job and his pay, then I side with them. You see, they know all the facts including injury and watch every practice. We see snapshots and have no idea the health of any player at any given time and form opinions based on very limited info.

We are all different, but I could care less if drafted in round 1 or a free agent, once they make the team they are a Bengal. It is great a 4th round pick like Geno becomes a Superstar or a 2nd round pick like Dunlap. But look around the league, I see 1st round misses or 2nd round misses all the time. A draft position is not a guarantee of success in the NFL. Ponder, Locker and Gabbert were all drafted ahead of Andy and how did they work out?

I never call people trash or a pos. That's just wrong. I'll only point out what they did or didn't do.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 12:52 PM)BengalChris Wrote:
I never call people trash or a pos
. That's just wrong. I'll only point out what they did or didn't do.

I know and stated upfront not you in that post.

I agree, I hate when fans attack players personally.

Reply/Quote
So. Was Margus Hunt playing possum while he was just aimlessly wandering around the field in preseason? Did anybody pay close enough attention as to whether he's mastered another move besides the bull rush?

I must admit he looked amazingly competent yesterday.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 07:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Dear Margus,

Only about 20 more decent performances like today, and you will have made up for all of the free paychecks that you have collected, thus far.

A fan.

Ditto! Therefore you can keep my crow in the warmup oven - I'll pull it out and eat it when it's done! Cool
Reply/Quote