Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Debate format.
I could not watch more than 10 minutes of the "debate".

I could not believe they would use a format that consisted mainly of the two candidates trying to talk over each other. I can't stand watching they type of childish BS. Why couldn't they just have an adult debate were the two parties take turns speaking?

What did you all think?
Reply/Quote
Put them in booths. Mics are cut off if it's not their turn. Live fact check on a screen above them.

Maybe there's water under them or slime above them. idk about the last part...
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I've moderated local election debates. They were always civil. Sometimes you'd have an issue with people running over their time limit, but we had the mic (everyone used the same one) on a switch. We'd notify them at 1 minute, 30 seconds, 10 secobds and stop. If they didn't yield, we just cut the mic.

Personally, I think organizers are happy to have the no holds barred format.
Reply/Quote
Just let Trump be Trump. The horse is out of the barn on this one. If the 2024 debate has one or more people who aren't Trump acting like Trump then we can call for changes.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 07:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I could not watch more than 10 minutes of the "debate".

I could not believe they would use a format that consisted mainly of the two candidates trying to talk over each other.  I can't stand watching they type of childish BS.  Why couldn't they just have an adult debate were the two parties take turns speaking?

What did you all think?

Well that's a big mystery.

Why was Biden trying to talk over Trump? He seemed so civil in the other debates.

WHY WAS THE MODERATOR TRYING TO TALK OVER TRUMP?

Hard to figure out what the problem was here. 

Next debate ALL parties should be asked to respect the time limits and allow others to speak.  Then it will be ok. 
Reply/Quote
Honestly I think viewers like Fred are in the minority. The reality show-esque low behavior attract rating I bet.

But yeah, cutting the mics needs to be an option. As long as time constraints are adhered to for both candidates. Can't give another thing to the right to ***** about.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 08:52 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Honestly I think viewers like Fred are in the minority. The reality show-esque low behavior attract rating I bet.

But yeah, cutting the mics needs to be an option. As long as time constraints are adhered to for both candidates. Can't give another thing to the right to ***** about.

Yes, but I doubt anyone can get the Trump camp to agree on that.

It would only work if it were automatic, two-minute segments with a "beep" 15 seconds before cut off.

Otherwise the Trump camp will again be screaming that the ref is a cut man for Biden. 

But Trump's goal is not a real debate, with people presenting positions and standing to answer questions. 

Also, the critical audience here are the independents and the remainder who have not made up their minds.

Voter response interviews so far show consistent dislike, even horror, of a free for all format.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 08:52 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Honestly I think viewers like Fred are in the minority. The reality show-esque low behavior attract rating I bet.

The ratings were down slightly.

https://deadline.com/2020/09/donald-trump-presidential-debate-fox-news-1234589031/

People are tired of the antics I think.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 10:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: The ratings were down slightly.

https://deadline.com/2020/09/donald-trump-presidential-debate-fox-news-1234589031/

People are tired of the antics I think.

Add this to things that Trump doesn't get...

Reply/Quote
I've read where the next format is going to be a Town Hall where undecided voters can ask the candidates questions. Is it racist that Biden doesn't think Black Folk should be among those selected to ask questions?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 11:25 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I've read where the next format is going to be a Town Hall where undecided voters can ask the candidates questions. Is it racist that Biden doesn't think Black Folk should be among those selected to ask questions?

[Image: fposter-small-wall-texture-product-750x1000-u1.jpg]
Reply/Quote