Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Defense Rules
Wink 
Sick Last 2 years, playoff run Has been lead by our defense, next week time for ZT , Burrow and offense to finally set up in playoffs. Best defense ever in playoff runs..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Herbert has 0 playoff wins despite his Defense coming up with 5 turnovers…

Sucks to be him. :lol:

Reply/Quote
Seems I have read this in about 10 other threads tonight......
Reply/Quote
I do think this can put to bed the Burrow is carrying Zac narrative. Zac has built and coached a great team.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:20 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Herbert has 0 playoff wins despite his Defense coming up with 5 turnovers…

Sucks to be him. LOL

What does that relate to this thread.. are you drinking too much or just confused.... knowing your posts both...lol
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:29 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: What does that relate to this thread.. are you drinking too much or just confused....

0 wins in 3 years. I hope Herbo enjoys watching the divisional round from his couch! Big Grin

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:26 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I do think this can put to bed the Burrow is carrying Zac narrative. Zac has built and coached a great team.

I'm open to the idea that ZT is a good coach, but he's probably not going to have to be faced with a Burrow-less team until he has 4+ rings and 16 years of coaching under his belt here.  

I guess it doesn't really matter, though.  I've spent my entire life debating or hearing people debate on whether or not Terry Bradshaw, or Chuck Noll, or Bill Bellichick were "really responsible for all those championships" because that's what people do.

I'll just let it all be...this is new territory you enter when a team is really good...people start to debate what factors made it good.  I'd still take Burrow and Marvin over ZT and Palmer/Dalton, though.  Hell, I'd take Burrow and Ken Zampese over them.  We can't ever go back in time and make 2022 ZT the head coach of the 2010 Bengals and see if he could get them to the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
The team just makes plays when they need to. Really uncanny.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 0 wins in 3 years. I hope Herbo enjoys watching the divisional round from his couch! Big Grin

Again wtf are you talking about sound like biden deflecting from reality but more I think about it you are a bit out there..lol
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:32 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm open to the idea that ZT is a good coach, but he's probably not going to have to be faced with a Burrow-less team until he has 4+ rings and 16 years of coaching under his belt here.  

I guess it doesn't really matter, though.  I've spent my entire life debating or hearing people debate on whether or not Terry Bradshaw, or Chuck Noll, or Bill Bellichick were "really responsible for all those championships" because that's what people do.

I'll just let it all be...this is new territory you enter when a team is really good...people start to debate what factors made it good.  I'd still take Burrow and Marvin over ZT and Palmer/Dalton, though.  Hell, I'd take Burrow and Ken Zampese over them.  We can't ever go back in time and make 2022 ZT the head coach of the 2010 Bengals and see if he could get them to the playoffs.

Yes. Is Bill Walsh the same without Montana?

It doesn't matter. A SB win is a SB win.

I'm willing to say that Zac has improved to be a good coach.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:36 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Again wtf are you talking about sound like biden deflecting from reality 

Let the salt flow, Essex!

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:36 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes. Is Bill Walsh the same without Montana?

It doesn't matter. A SB win is a SB win.

I'm willing to say that Zac has improved to be a good coach.

I guess we may know or never know, but just win and we have the rest of our lives to argue about it.  I mean, Art Garfunkel and Ringo Starr had platinum albums without Paul Simon and the Beatles, so maybe ZT is a respectable Garfunkel to Burrow's Simon.  I'll go with that. I'm upgrading ZT from Andrew Ridgeley to Art Garfunkel.

Zacart Garftaylor.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:34 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The team just makes plays when they need to. Really uncanny.

It really is!
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:37 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Let the salt flow, Essex!

And your stupid comments..lol
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:26 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I do think this can put to bed the Burrow is carrying Zac narrative. Zac has built and coached a great team.

Might be but  time for offense explosion in 30s next week
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:41 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: And your stupid comments..lol

It’s just KILLING you that Joseph Lee Burrow is now the franchise leader for playoff wins isn’t it? Joe

Reply/Quote
I would call the defense opportunistic rather than outright good. An outright good defense doesn't get gashed for 155 rush yards at 4.4 YPC.
Reply/Quote
Yeah the defense really needs to step it up. They almost lost us the game. Allowing 35 rushes for 155 yards. That's pretty terrible when you don't let the offense have the ball. We only have 7 offensive possessions in the game. Very unacceptable that the defense put our offense in that position. They didn't even stop the pass very well either. Allowing a backup QB to post 226 yards, 2 TDs and a 92 rating. Only getting 1 sack too, Yeesh.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s just KILLING you that Joseph Lee Burrow is now the franchise leader for playoff wins isn’t it? Joe

Hey captain Tom talk to me when you land ..
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:45 AM)Joelist Wrote: I would call the defense opportunistic rather than outright good. An outright good defense doesn't get gashed for 155 rush yards at 4.4 YPC.

True.  That was a season saving play for sure, but Hunley did a boner-headed thing and we made the most of it.  Trevor Lawrence scored a TD like that by just extending his 17 foot long arm out.  But again, we made the most of it.
Reply/Quote