Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Defensive Changes you would like to see?
For Me
1.) Pratt over Brown- it's time to see if Pratt can play or not. Having him on the Sideline isn't helping us now or in the future. If he sucks so be it and if he is good one less position to worry about it. Let's give the guy the opportunity to prove himself.
2.) Andrew Brown- he has been inactive for the past two weeks but why? We need more athlectism on the line especially when Geno is out.
3.) Darius Phillips- he is better than Webb.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Cut Dre Kirkpatrick. Can’t cover and watching him try to tackle anyone is embarrassing for the franchise.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 02:13 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: For Me
1.) Pratt over Brown- it's time to see if Pratt can play or not. Having him on the Sideline isn't helping  us now or in the future. If he sucks so be it and if he is good one less position to worry about it. Let's give the guy the opportunity to prove himself.
2.) Andrew Brown- he has been inactive for the past two weeks but why? We need more athlectism on the line especially when Geno is out.

Just watched the first SF TD from Sunday on ESPN NFL Prime Time.  BW Webb was the dude that was supposed to have Goodwin on the play during which he was wide open and went into the end zone completely unchallenged.  Webb was staring into the backfield half almost half a field away from his man, and the defense was playing man.  The hosts examining the play were laughing at him, and to add insult to injury, didn't even know his name.

We singed this guy for 3 years, lol.  This is dumpster dive free agency playing out during the season.  What an actual turd player.  Thanks, Lou.
Reply/Quote
I would like to see better tackling and gap awareness/discipline.
I would also like to see A. Brown play over Wynn.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Act like Linebacker is a serious position of need. Ours are beyond terrible.
Reply/Quote
Cutback lanes and the flats can't be left wide open. If Vigil is going to bounce off of thick RBs, get washed out by TEs, and look like a loose cannon in coverage, then it's time to try Pratt.

Being run on and getting beat by "cheap stuff" to the flats or slants is the absolute worst.  It doesn't get any easier for opposing QBs if you let that stuff beat you.
Reply/Quote
Just tackle somebody. Please.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 02:14 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Cut Dre Kirkpatrick.  Can’t cover and watching him try to tackle anyone is embarrassing for the franchise.

I wouldn't cut him, but if we are truly giving competition at every position and playing the best 11 players, I would either look at Dennard there when he comes back or go with Phillips now.  Maybe a benching would get him more focused on his game and less on celebrating a tackle 7 yards downfield.  
Reply/Quote
Did anyone watch the MNF and see the Jets Jamal Adams??

We need one of him on our defense, a leader, hard hitter and a baller all over the field
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 08:31 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I wouldn't cut him, but if we are truly giving competition at every position and playing the best 11 players, I would either look at Dennard there when he comes back or go with Phillips now.  Maybe a benching would get him more focused on his game and less on celebrating a tackle 7 yards downfield.  

Dre is space bound every time he gets stiff armed and he celebrates a tackle after the opponent gains 50+ yards. He's a joke.

Philips needs more playing time, Dennard needs to get back, throw Pratt in there more, more safety blitzes, more Lawson off the edge and that's about it. We need better LB's. I'm not sure if it was the players on defense or if we got out schemed. Whatever it was, it didn't work. The Seattle game and the SanFran game stand apart so much it's crazy. I knew SanFran would probably win going in to be honest, but not like that. Not like that at all...….
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 02:13 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: For Me
1.) Pratt over Brown- it's time to see if Pratt can play or not. Having him on the Sideline isn't helping  us now or in the future. If he sucks so be it and if he is good one less position to worry about it. Let's give the guy the opportunity to prove himself.

Nice post. I think these are reasonable asks that would help.

Brown is just too slow.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 08:42 AM)corpjet Wrote: Did anyone watch the MNF and see the Jets Jamal Adams??

We need one of him on our defense, a leader, hard hitter and a baller all over the field

I definitely noticed him. Dudes a great player.
Reply/Quote
Dre is a Marvin guy. Enough said.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 04:28 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Cutback lanes and the flats can't be left wide open. If Vigil is going to bounce off of thick RBs, get washed out by TEs, and look like a loose cannon in coverage, then it's time to try Pratt.

Being run on and getting beat by "cheap stuff" to the flats or slants is the absolute worst.  It doesn't get any easier for opposing QBs if you let that stuff beat you.

Yep, I'd rather try Pratt over Vigil than Brown.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
A good linebacker.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Bench Nick Vigil
Super overrated since he arrived here.
He gets washed out easily and his tackle form
Gets worse year to year
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 10:45 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Bench Nick Vigil
Super overrated since he arrived here.
He gets washed out easily and his tackle form
Gets worse year to year

Vigil was thrust into starting because Burfict was often suspended/injured, but his play has never really sold me on him being a guy who should be a starter. He's mediocre which seems to be what they've settled for in a linebacker.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 10:57 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Vigil was thrust into starting because Burfict was often suspended/injured, but his play has never really sold me on him being a guy who should be a starter. He's mediocre which seems to be what they've settled for in a linebacker.

The Bengals need to either enlarge their scouting deptmsrtment or either get rid of guys who scouted bums like Vigil.
Who was the last great LB the Bengals drafted ?
Odell?
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 04:28 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Cutback lanes and the flats can't be left wide open. If Vigil is going to bounce off of thick RBs, get washed out by TEs, and look like a loose cannon in coverage, then it's time to try Pratt.

Virgil is too slow and not powerful enough and would have NEVER been drafted by any other team,and Preston Brown is too slow,Our linebackers are awlful and should have been addressed in the draft more.Dre number 27 is awlful bw webb is awlful and this team is going no where but playing to get a top first round in 2020.Just a horrible backfield,number 36 gets beat all the  time and I have no faith they will win in buffalo.going to get smoked again. I see them losing the next 2 games for sure.Mark it down. :paul: :paul: :paul:
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 08:42 AM)Takedown Wrote: Dre is space bound every time he gets stiff armed and he celebrates a tackle after the opponent gains 50+ yards. He's a joke.

Philips needs more playing time, Dennard needs to get back, throw Pratt in there more, more safety blitzes, more Lawson off the edge and that's about it. We need better LB's. I'm not sure if it was the players on defense or if we got out schemed. Whatever it was, it didn't work. The Seattle game and the SanFran game stand apart so much it's crazy. I knew SanFran would probably win going in to be honest, but not like that. Not like that at all...….

Our defense front got absolutely manhandled by a team that went 4-12 last year.  I don't care if we had Keuchley, Bobby Wagner, and Burfict in his prime in there.  The line was absolutely bullied.  I am completely puzzled what happened in one week. 
Reply/Quote