Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Deflection at it's finest
This seems to happen quite often on here, as well.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/you-keep-talking-about-donald-trump-harris-faulkner-shuts-down-dem-who-tries-to-avoid-talking-about-biden-criticism/ar-BB1oxh4i?ocid=msedgntp&pc=U531&cvid=ce920ad117a2471ab4d68c42b8f0daf7&ei=55

Quote:Fox News host Harris Faulkner shut down a former Clinton administration official who deflected questions about criticism of President Joe Biden’s character by shifting the focus to former President Donald Trump.

Biden’s reelection campaign has pivoted to attacking Trump’s character, highlighted by the launch of a $50 million ad buy concerning Trump’s May 30 conviction on 34 felony counts of falsification of business records by a Manhattan jury, Axios reported. Faulkner asked former Clinton White House aide Matt Bennett about a Tuesday Washington Examiner op-ed criticizing Biden for attacking Trump’s character after Biden falsely claimed that the truck driver involved in the 1972 accident that killed the then-Senator-elect’s wife and daughter was drunk, checked his watch during a ceremony for servicemembers killed during the withdrawal from Afghanistan and constantly brought up the death of his son Beau when meeting families of those killed.

“People have seen Donald Trump now in public life for seven years, they know who he is,” Bennett claimed. “They know he ran for president the first time running on a racist lie about Barack Obama not being born in the United States, they know he’s accused people falsely of crimes, that he has attacked people for their disabilities. They know he is an adjudicated rapist and a convicted felon. There is no comparison between these two guys.”

“You know, that’s interesting, I didn’t ask you to compare there, I just wanted you to respond to the Washington Examiner op-ed, which would have required you to talk about your guy,” Faulkner told Bennett. “But you keep talking about Donald Trump, but you are not happy to because you don’t!”

‘Trump’s campaign thinks they are winning’: Trump and Biden set to face off in debate next week
Bennett earlier had tried to discuss Trump’s convictions when pressed about Biden’s low approval numbers, prompting Faulkner to chide him.

“I wish you would actually talk to what he is saying, that’s really where the debate is here,” Faulkner told Bennett. “The conviction didn’t move the needle for Joe Biden. So I don’t know why you would want to go back to that.”

Trump leads Biden by 0.8% in a national head-to-head matchup, according to the RealClearPolling average of polls, with the lead growing to 2.4% when independent candidates Cornel West and Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Green Party candidate Jill Stein are included. A Marist poll released shortly before the May 30 verdict in Trump’s business records trial showed that only 17% would be less likely to vote for Trump if convicted, while 15% said a conviction would make it more likely they would vote for the former President.

CNN data reporter Harry Enten has been stunned on multiple occasions by Biden’s poor polling numbers and struggles to retain support from black and Hispanic voters.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2024, 09:02 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: This seems to happen quite often on here, as well.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/you-keep-talking-about-donald-trump-harris-faulkner-shuts-down-dem-who-tries-to-avoid-talking-about-biden-criticism/ar-BB1oxh4i?ocid=msedgntp&pc=U531&cvid=ce920ad117a2471ab4d68c42b8f0daf7&ei=55

I think the debate will highlight the major differences in policy.

Economy/Inflation
Immigration - Open Border 
Foreign Policy
Tax Plans

If Biden has a winning record on these issues, he will be able to share how his policies have impacted the US since 2021.

If Trump has a winning record on these issies, he will be able to share how his policies impacted the US from 2017 and 2020.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2024, 12:41 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think the debate will highlight the major differences in policy.

Economy/Inflation
Immigration - Open Border 
Foreign Policy
Tax Plans

If Biden has a winning record on these issues, he will be able to share how his policies have impacted the US since 2021.

If Trump has a winning record on these issies, he will be able to share how his policies impacted the US from 2017 and 2020.

So you're really thinking that the debate is actually going to happen? I'm giving it about a 38% chance.

If it does indeed happen, it would be really nice to see Trump conducting himself in a calm and cordial manner, and with some well thought out and smartly written answers to some anticipated questions.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2024, 09:02 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: This seems to happen quite often on here, as well.

It is the Practical differences between the 2 Major Parties that will tip the scales in the Election.

The Trump is bad and Biden is good -or- Biden is bad and Trump is good defense stances are not tipping the scales.

Each side can provide links to Articles used to tarnish the other side written by people that Voters have learned not

to consider as fully objective.

Many Voters then tune out to this and will base their decision on maybe Trump's 4 years versus Biden's 4 years, or how they 

perceive Crime or Inflation or current Wars & Safety or Abortion or other Social Issues that may effect their Children etc.

A Democrat can yell that Trump is a Felon that loves Putin and it does not tip the scale.

A Republican can yell that Hunter is a Felon with a Laptop they say ties Biden to deals with China and it does not tip the scale.

*Voters in the middle have learned not to quickly be convinced by what those yelling from each side think is a smoking gun, slam dunk 

against the other guy.

**Voters in the middle may just base their Votes on a few main Practical differences that they perceive between the Parties behind the 2 men

and events that they have actually seen with their own eyes or feel in their own wallets or feel as they walk the streets with their children.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2024, 12:57 PM)depthchart Wrote: *Voters in the middle have learned not to quickly be convinced by what those yelling from each side think is a smoking gun, slam dunk 

against the other guy.

**Voters in the middle may just base their Votes on a few main Practical differences that they perceive between the Parties behind the 2 men

and events that they have actually seen with their own eyes or feel in their own wallets or feel as they walk the streets with their children.

I agree with pretty much all of what you said, but I think that your first highlighted point sums it up best.

As to your second point, I tend to agree that more voters, particularly Gen Z voters, are more concerned about their personal safety, freedom and financial well being than other voter blocs that might be more focused on the social and ethical issues. (At least that is the vibe I get from my daugter and son in law)

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2024, 01:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I agree with pretty much all of what you said, but I think that your first highlighted point sums it up best.

As to your second point, I tend to agree that more voters, particularly Gen Z voters, are more concerned about their personal safety, freedom and financial well being than other voter blocs that might be more focused on the social and ethical issues. (At least that is the vibe I get from my daugter and son in law)

I was listening to a Clark Howard short the other day on WHIO and he said that for every dollar parents save towards retirement, they spend another $2 to help their children with their finances. I thought that was a pretty shocking claim. And of course, I don't think he shared where that information came from. So it seems, our younger adults are having a tough time making it. I doubt that matters much in terms of who they'll vote for, because many are comfortable taking funds from mommy and daddy. Well, until they're dead that is.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2024, 12:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So you're really thinking that the debate is actually going to happen? I'm giving it about a 38% chance.

If it does indeed happen, it would be really nice to see Trump conducting himself in a calm and cordial manner, and with some well thought out and smartly written answers to some anticipated questions.

Listening to Brian Kilamead this morning on my drive back from Dayton and he was talking about this very thing. He tends to think Trump is more patient than he once was as he's learning this politician thing. He knows his attacks on Biden during the debate 4yrs ago left a super bad taste in everyone's mouth and thinks many were done with him at that point.

I'm curious why 38%? That seems pretty low.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2024, 01:29 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Listening to Brian Kilamead this morning on my drive back from Dayton and he was talking about this very thing. He tends to think Trump is more patient than he once was as he's learning this politician thing. He knows his attacks on Biden during the debate 4yrs ago left a super bad taste in everyone's mouth and thinks many were done with him at that point.

I'm curious why 38%? That seems pretty low.

Other than for comedic value from all of the gaffes that are sure to happen from each of them, I don't get the feeling that much of the general public has much interest in listening to what either has to say.  If Joe Biden has showed us anything, it's that being POTUS is really just a puppet show. Does anyone really believe that he's got the mental acuity to have serious policy discussions? Nope, it's all staffers and handlers that are pulling the strings, he just attempts to read what's on the teleprompter.

That, and 38% is equal to Joe Biden's approval rating.  Cool  

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2024, 01:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Other than for comedic value from all of the gaffes that are sure to happen from each of them, I don't get the feeling that much of the general public has much interest in listening to what either has to say.  If Joe Biden has showed us anything, it's that being POTUS is really just a puppet show. Does anyone really believe that he's got the mental acuity to have serious policy discussions? Nope, it's all staffers and handlers that are pulling the strings, he just attempts to read what's on the teleprompter.

That, and 38% is equal to Joe Biden's approval rating.  Cool  

I was skeptical Biden would show up for the debate. Now, I think he has no choice. His team knows he needs to show he has the mental acuity to be the POTUS for 4+ more years.

As for how it goes, I anticipate a jacked-up Biden like the SOTU address in March. If so, he has to be careful as there is no audience. He can't yell and scream as no reason due to no crowd.

As for Trump, he needs to stick to policy and avoid personal attacks on Biden. I am not saying no personal attacks, but limited so Biden does not get sympathy and empathy from the independent voters. Last poll I saw, 95% of Democrats will vote for Biden, 95% of Republicans will vote for Trump. So, the election will be won with sheer numbers each candidate can get to vote + the all-important Independents who likely determine the winner. Recent polls show Biden leads among independent voters after trailing Trump for over a year in polling.

Keep an eye on Biden's base, it appears he has lost ground in his base with minorities and young people. Trump appears to have solidified his base according to polling.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
When Biden agreed to debate...

Trump advisors: "Oh no"
Biden advisors: "Oh no"
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
I read this title as "Defecation at it's Finest". Yep. Didn't take me 5 seconds to read it more carefully, but for that brief time, the possibilities of what may be in here when I clicked both horrified and fascinated me in ways I'm ashamed of.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2024, 01:29 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Listening to Brian Kilamead this morning on my drive back from Dayton and he was talking about this very thing. He tends to think Trump is more patient than he once was as he's learning this politician thing. He knows his attacks on Biden during the debate 4yrs ago left a super bad taste in everyone's mouth and thinks many were done with him at that point.

Whether or not Trump realizes that (I doubt it), he lacks the self-control to stay on point.  And Biden is fully capable of channeling "angry man yelling at clouds", especially if they overdose him again like on the SOTU.

As soon as Biden brings up convicted felon or election denial, Trump will become unhinged and start railing about Hunter and the border.  I put the over/under at about 20 minutes of back-and-forth shit talking.  Good thing CNN planned a few commercials so they can take a break when the moderators lose control (which seems a given).
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(06-21-2024, 12:07 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Whether or not Trump realizes that (I doubt it), he lacks the self-control to stay on point.  And Biden is fully capable of channeling "angry man yelling at clouds", especially if they overdose him again like on the SOTU.

As soon as Biden brings up convicted felon or election denial, Trump will become unhinged and start railing about Hunter and the border.  I put the over/under at about 20 minutes of back-and-forth shit talking.  Good thing CNN planned a few commercials so they can take a break when the moderators lose control (which seems a given).

You spelled biased Trump haters wrong.  lol
Reply/Quote