Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dehner: Projecting the roster
Paul Dehner gives his roster projections - http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2016/08/20/projecting-bengals-roster/89057804/
Reply/Quote
Can't really argue with any of that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Hard to argue since he did not really go out on any limbs.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Raven makes the squad
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2016, 09:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Raven makes the squad

Yep.  Good chance he bumps fedjelum

Erickson over James Wright.
Reply/Quote
Hopkins makes it this year and Hunt does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2016, 09:59 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Hopkins makes it this year and Hunt does not.

Hunt barely makes the 52 this season...I think. He's got two more pre-season games (in which) he will play 70% of the time across the two. Something (I'm hoping) is bound to happen. 

Erickson in, Rashaun Simonise in - Tate and Wright out.  Mellow

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2016, 09:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yep.  Good chance he bumps fedjelum

Erickson over James Wright.

Fedjelum looks like our future STs captain out there. Dude is fearless! and he's making tackles. He and Raven will force a tough decision.

One thing I don't like is seeing Chykie Brown listed as "just out."  I hope one of the UDFAs wins the last spot at CB.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2016, 10:32 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: Hunt barely makes the 52 this season...I think. He's got two more pre-season games (in which) he will play 70% of the time across the two. Something (I'm hoping) is bound to happen. 

Erickson in, Rashaun Simonise in - Tate and Wright out.  Mellow

There is no way Tate will be cut. He is still getting first team reps. He will probably be the #2 when the season starts If LaFell is still out.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2016, 10:45 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: There is no way Tate will be cut. He is still getting first team reps. He will probably be the #2 when the season starts If LaFell is still out.

I realize this, sadly. 

Tate has been in the league since 2008. He's got a career total of yards at 900...

Bengals keep singing him to 1 year deals, and sadly (again) he makes the 52 man roster.

Last season he caught 2 receptions. 2. Our 'projected' or 'possible' #2 had 2 receptions last season...that is just awesome.  Shocked

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2016, 11:11 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: I realize this, sadly. 

Tate has been in the league since 2008. He's got a career total of yards at 900...

Bengals keep singing him to 1 year deals, and sadly (again) he makes the 52 man roster.

Last season he caught 2 receptions. 2. Our 'projected' or 'possible' #2 had 2 receptions last season...that is just awesome.  Shocked

At least you can say that our 'projected' #2 has a TD every other time he catches the ball last season  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2016, 11:59 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: At least you can say that our 'projected' #2 has a TD every other time he catches the ball last season  Ninja

I'm mortified if we have to rely on Tate. 

Early Fantasy predictions/projections have Tate at the season opener: 
0.5 rec
5.7 rec yrds
0.0 rec tds
0.0 fumbles
1.0 fantasy point

So....I should draft him in my 3rd or 4th rd? That's pretty solid. 

Why can't the Brandon Tate project be over... Whatever (jmo, don't want to upset the apple cart)

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2016, 12:14 AM)CINwillWIN Wrote: I'm mortified if we have to rely on Tate. 

Early Fantasy predictions/projections have Tate at the season opener: 
0.5 rec
5.7 rec yrds
0.0 rec tds
0.0 fumbles
1.0 fantasy point

So....I should draft him in my 3rd or 4th rd? That's pretty solid. 

Why can't the Brandon Tate project be over... Whatever (jmo, don't want to upset the apple cart)

It wil never be over. He is going to be a Bengal until he is 37.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2016, 12:18 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: It wil never be over. He is going to be a Bengal until he is 37.

[Image: get-that-shit-out-of-my-face-vga-2012-co...by-gif.gif]

Reply/Quote
Carson and Erickson are who I would like to see make cut though.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I like how ambiguous he is with WR because that's how everyone is feeling lately LOL I wouldn't consider Core a lock yet but we need to get him some damn reps with the first team.
Reply/Quote
I think Hopkins makes over TJ Johnson. Hopkins more versatile taking snaps at OT. Really like Tra Carson but he will be plucked from the PS before season ends. Peerman is going nowhere. ST Captain, made pro bowl and his character is well respected. Wright didn't look comfortable against the Lions, but lets see how he looks next two games. Tate makes the roster, trusted on ST. If Hunt makes squad, he will not be back after this year unless injuries.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2016, 10:32 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: Hunt barely makes the 52 this season...I think. He's got two more pre-season games (in which) he will play 70% of the time across the two. Something (I'm hoping) is bound to happen. 

Erickson in, [color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif]Rashaun Simonise in - Tate and Wright out.  Mellow
So for the record, you would then use Erickson as you're primary return man ?
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2016, 09:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Raven makes the squad

Why?  Because he got a free INT that Margus Hunt could have intercepted?  I haven't seen much from him in coverage or tackling to bump Fej, who was making tackles all over the place and is a force on coverage units.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2016, 01:34 AM)treee Wrote: I like how ambiguous he is with WR because that's how everyone is feeling lately LOL I wouldn't consider Core a lock yet but we need to get him some damn reps with the first team.

I wonder what everyone inside is really feeling about Lafell.  Not much you can do with him since he's practiced, but I can't help but think his lack of work with Andy isn't leaving everyone feeling very confident in his abilities.  
Reply/Quote