Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dehner's roster predictions
Paul Dehner Jr makes his projections for the 53 man roster:

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/07/26/cincinnati-bengals-walkthru-projecting-53-man-roster/837988002/
Reply/Quote
Only disagree with a few.

Taylor makes team over Hart

Tate makes team over Erickson

One of the 5 safeties isn’t making it and replace with another LB. Unless Williams is going to be used as a nickel LB.
Reply/Quote
I want Taylor to beat out Hart (if his injury is not serious)
I want Worley to beat out Jefferson or Evans
I want Henderson to beat out Shaw
I want Rolland-Jones to beat out Johnson

But only if they deserve to win the spot.   Nothing against the other players, I just want the guys I named to flat out be better.  If they are I will be somewhat encouraged.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Agree with most but I'd bet Tate makes it over Erickson.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2018, 05:03 PM)3wt Wrote: I want Taylor to beat out Hart (if his injury is not serious)

But only if they deserve to win the spot.   Nothing against the other players, I just want the guys I named to flat out be better.  If they are I will be somewhat encouraged.

You want an undrafted rookie to beat out our 3rd rd LB that had some 1St rd grades.   Hope your joking. 
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2018, 03:25 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Only disagree with a few.

Taylor makes team over Hart

Tate makes team over Erickson

One of the 5 safeties isn’t making it and replace with another LB. Unless Williams is going to be used as a nickel LB.

Agree with this just hoping Taylor's knee injury is not too serious.

(07-26-2018, 05:03 PM)3wt Wrote: I want Taylor to beat out Hart (if his injury is not serious)

I know that Vigil was banged up last year but i like Evans better then him. I hope all those LB's make it over Vigil
if i had a choice. I think Worley is that smart type of LB that can man the MIKE and SAM spots. Jefferson is way
too talented to cut. Shaw is way too damn good to cut as well.

Need Shaw in this Secondary.

Agreed on Rolland Jones, he should bring much more to the pass rush and MJ's salary is a bit much and he has
really been falling off, even against the run.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2018, 05:08 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree with most but I'd bet Tate makes it over Erickson.

Depends if we find a new kick returner... that performs better than Erickson the back of the roster is usually dictated by Special teams.

Some of these guys on the OUT list will be on the PS if they pass waivers.   And of course its always possible a final roster guy isn't even on the bengals 90 man roster right now.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2018, 05:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agree with this just hoping Taylor's knee injury is not too serious.

I know that Vigil was banged up last year but i like Evans better then him. I hope all those LB's make it over Vigil
if i had a choice. I think Worley is that smart type of LB that can man the MIKE and SAM spots. Jefferson is way
too talented to cut. Shaw is way too damn good to cut as well.

Need Shaw in this Secondary.

Agreed on Rolland Jones, he should bring much more to the pass rush and MJ's salary is a bit much and he has
really been falling off, even against the run.

Wouldn't mind If Vinney Rey got squeezed out...     Yes he can play all 3 spots but it never seems like hes playing them well recently. maybe its just me.
Reply/Quote

I think Worley has to beat out Rey. I like Vinnie a lot but he is plodder when he runs after people. Worley is a hell of a lot quicker and faster.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2018, 05:44 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Wouldn't mind If Vinney Rey got squeezed out...     Yes he can play all 3 spots but it never seems like hes playing them well recently. maybe its just me.

Recently Vinny hasn't been playing very good you are correct. I just think he brings some good vet experience
that we might need until Burfict gets back. Hoping these young guys really step up mentally, namely Jefferson
cause if he does he could seriously be a star with his size and athleticism.

Malik can shed blocks, stop the run and cover. Just what we need at SAM. These other guys just don't have the
size and thumpability to set RB's back in their tracks like Malik does.
Reply/Quote
The 53rd spot will be determined more by special tams play than position. For example, we could carry just 3 RBs if we get good special teams players at other positions.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2018, 05:43 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Depends if we find a new kick returner... that performs better than Erickson the back of the roster is usually dictated by Special teams

Erikson has never been good at PR and was not impressive at KR last year. If he can't be replaced that's bad.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2018, 06:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The 53rd spot will be determined more by special tams play than position.  For example, we could carry just 3 RBs if we get good special teams players at other positions.

Walton i am sure makes it as the 3rd RB as he was picked in the mid rounds.

Heard how they really like that Flowers the QB who they might keep as a 4th RB and ST'er.

Almost think they might go light somewhere else then RB.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2018, 06:19 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Erikson has never been good at PR and was not impressive at KR last year. If he can't be replaced that's bad.

Add in a KR has become almost obsolete due to new rules implemented this year and last few years.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2018, 06:19 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Erikson has never been good at PR and was not impressive at KR last year. If he can't be replaced that's bad.

As others pointed out to me when i was dogging on Erickson a bit ago, the blocking for him last year
was not exactly stellar. But i agree, i think out of Brandon Wilson, Darius Phillips or even Mark Walton
we should find a better Returner. We will see though.

Just cause these guys were badass returners in college doesn't mean they will be badasses in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2018, 06:27 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Add in a KR has become almost obsolete due to new rules implemented this year and last few years.

Sad but true.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2018, 06:27 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Add in a KR has become almost obsolete due to new rules implemented this year and last few years.

Very true. I never thought Erikson did bad in his limited time at WR but I dont imagine him ever really being better then he is now. 
Reply/Quote
Rolland-Jones and Perkins have decent shots to make it imo. Perkins played some against the Ravens last season - they may like his upside. 
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2018, 05:44 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Wouldn't mind If Vinney Rey got squeezed out...     Yes he can play all 3 spots but it never seems like hes playing them well recently. maybe its just me.

Nope, not just you. I hope to move on from Rey and Johnson. I'm torn at WR though. Wish we could keep Erickson and Tate but with a lot of young KR prospects being defenders it may just make sense to move on from Erickson. Tate would be a nice redzone threat with Eifert on life support. Erickson is a pretty good player though. It's tough.
Reply/Quote
Tate has to make the 53 roster to stay as a Bengal IMO.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote