Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deja Lewis
It feels like we're right back were we were around this time last year:

The fact that Marvin always seems to be the one deciding Marvin's fate - instead of the owner / front office - is a perfect example of why there's not an ounce of true accountability in the organization. 
Reply/Quote
Cleveland=Factory of Sadness
Cincinnati= Factory of Sameness
Reply/Quote
This COULD be like 2017 where we keep loser Marv and have another crap year OR this COULD be like 2010 where we keep loser Marv and reboot the roster and then usher in another golden age.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Paul Dehner Jr said he doesn't think Marvin will return...but as he also said, he thought the same thing last year.

On another note: when Rauch says it could just be Lewis floating the idea himself...wasn't the very same rumor going around last year, that Marvin was the one putting it out that he might not be back?
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2018, 12:33 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: It feels like we're right back were we were around this time last year:

The fact that Marvin always seems to be the one deciding Marvin's fate - instead of the owner / front office - is a perfect example of why there's not an ounce of true accountability in the organization. 

Must be nice, wish my job worked like that. No more stress....and I’ll believe Marvin’s gone when I see it, like you said it’s all up to him. Personally I’d keep my lifetime job with no accountability or expectations that’s worth millions in salary each year. No reason to expect more of yourself than your boss does.
Reply/Quote
What if everyone threw trash on his lawn?
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2018, 12:41 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Paul Dehner Jr said he doesn't think Marvin will return...but as he also said, he thought the same thing last year.

On another note: when Rauch says it could just be Lewis floating the idea himself...wasn't the very same rumor going around last year, that Marvin was the one putting it out that he might not be back?

Marvin has a tendency to threaten or simply state that he's going to leave, but he always ends up staying.  The whole Marvin Lewis/Mike Brown relationship has so many similarities to a bad marriage that it's almost funny.
Reply/Quote
It's so sad. pathetic, and unbelievable

Nowhere in the history of the NFL, hell probably not in the history of the entire sports world has there been even remotely, a situation paralleling this one.

A head coach who by ANY MEASURE (other than a handful of mediocre regular seasons) has been a complete failure for 16 seasons and still gets to decide his destiny. And he does
Reply/Quote
Had to change my sig
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2018, 12:51 PM)Au165 Wrote: What if everyone threw trash on his lawn?

He’d get Hue to clean it up.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2018, 12:55 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It's so sad. pathetic, and unbelievable

Nowhere in the history of the NFL, hell probably not in the history of the entire sports world has there been even remotely, a situation paralleling this one.

A head coach who by ANY MEASURE (other than a handful of mediocre regular seasons) has been a complete failure for 16 seasons and still gets to decide his destiny. And he does

I sometimes catch myself wonder if maybe we're in dream within a dream, within another dream where we're stuck in this infinite loop. Does anyone have DiCaprio's number?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2018, 12:41 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Paul Dehner Jr said he doesn't think Marvin will return...but as he also said, he thought the same thing last year.

How many times now have we thought, and others outside, media and so on, that Marvin should/would be gone ? 3, 4, 5, 6 ? 

And he's still here ! I'm not buying it until I see another HC standing on the sidelines.
Reply/Quote
If Mike Brown hires you as head coach, getting fired is almost impossible. Shula had to lose 73% of his games to get the axe (Mike didn't like doing it), Coslet had to quit after a 5-25 run (Mike tried talking him out of it), LaBeau's contract had to expire after a 2 win season (Mike said he was conflicted) and Lewis, well...16 years and counting.
Reply/Quote
Hasta la vista, baby. Take ebenezer with you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2018, 12:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This COULD be like 2017 where we keep loser Marv and have another crap year OR this COULD be like 2010 where we keep loser Marv and reboot the roster and then usher in another golden age.

I must have missed this “golden age”.
Reply/Quote

Yes. Remember the last game of the year last year was billed as Marv's last games as Bengals HC, and it was Marv who was putting that out.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2018, 01:11 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I must have missed this “golden age”.

Well, it was more of a gilded age but Bengals fans can't be too terribly picky.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2018, 01:04 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I sometimes catch myself wonder if maybe we're in dream within a dream, within another dream where we're stuck in this infinite loop. Does anyone have DiCaprio's number?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GisCRxREDkY

I'm Marvin Lewis I am, Marvin Lewis I am, I am

I got the best job in the world, I've been beat in the the playoffs seven times before

And Mike won't get rid of Marvin, he won't try a Willie or a Sam

I'm just like Mikey's old man

Mediocre Marv I Am

2nd verse, same as the first

On loop for 16 years and counting
Reply/Quote
His decision. I hate this organization.

Reply/Quote
Well that's depressing.

Hopefully he doesn't take 2 weeks to decide as all the coaching candidates get interviews and begin to get offers.

This is probably his way of forcing us to go with Hue, after all the good candidates get interviews elsewhere and offers to go to a team that actually is willing to give them some power along with their impressive facilities.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote