Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deja Lewis
(12-07-2018, 04:35 PM)Lucidus Wrote: I certainly hope coach Lewis is not back next season. It would be beyond absurdity to continue this failed experiment.

People often proclaim that the definition of insanity is to continue doing the same thing but expecting a different result. While not an actual definition of course, there is some truth in that assertion -- albeit simplistic and only as it pertains to a mindset or approach.

However, there is an actual definition of insanity that I believe is incredibly applicable to retaining coach Lewis for yet another season:

-- Something utterly foolish or unreasonable

I've never really agreed with that statement, with all due respect to Einstein.  I've always thought it was the definition of stupid.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2018, 06:06 PM)McC Wrote: I've never really agreed with that statement, with all due respect to Einstein.  I've always thought it was the definition of stupid.

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2018, 11:45 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I don't think this team can recover ? Probably the only game we might have a chance in is the Raiders, and I wouldn't bet on that.

This. The Raiders game is the only one they have a realistic shot at. Even with Pitt's backups (if they play backups)...the Bengals are playing with Driskel and no AJ and a coaching staff that won't alter a game plan to fit the remaining players best abilities. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2018, 06:06 PM)McC Wrote: I've never really agreed with that statement, with all due respect to Einstein.  I've always thought it was the definition of stupid.

That phrase has been attributed to different people over the years, from Einstein to Twain. Although it's not clear where the phrase originated, it's usage seems to have become common in occurrence after Rita Mae Brown's novel, Sudden Death.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2018, 04:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Is this true?

I thought it was a 2 year deal? Never heard about the option?

Hope this is true and we can finally move on, atleast this would be a start.

I originally read about it on twitter from @RapSheet, then read about it here and from a few other reports. I really hope it true.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/12/2/18122161/marvin-lewis-has-less-job-security-than-we-thought
Reply/Quote
What is crazy about this division is if it keeps going like this all 4 teams might change coaching staffs this season. This is the probability of each one happening in my opinion.

1. Browns 10/10 Definitely getting a new coach. Gregg Williams has done a good job since taking over for Hue Ganus earlier this season but I do not think that he is what they are looking for. The Browns have a ton of talent and it looks like they are wanting to go for it.

2. Pittsburgh 8/10 This will change to 10/10 if they dont make the playoffs or lose in the first round. Tomlin has a ring but you could argue that he has done less with more talent than anyone in the NFL since Antonio Brown has come into the league. The Steelers have lost their identity. The used to be a cheap shotting , defensive team, now they are a cheap shotting offensive team. Tomlin is decent but the Steelers dont tolerate not winning SBs for long

3. Baltimore 7/10 I think that Harbaugh is good at a lot of things and he has also won a SB but I think he is starting to get stale in the locker room also. His offenses always seem to never match the intensity of his defense and they often blow games they should win just like yesterday and any game where they play us.

4. Bengals 3/10 Of all of the AFC North teams we need a coaching change worse than anyone. Marvin is stale. This coaching staff gameplans like we are the 1980 Houston Oilers. The sad thing is that while we watch the rest of this division get a fresh start we are probably going to go to bat with the same, tired bullshit as we also do.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 02:40 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: What is crazy about this division is if it keeps going like this all 4 teams might change coaching staffs this season. This is the probability of each one happening in my opinion.

1. Browns 10/10 Definitely getting a new coach. Gregg Williams has done a good job since taking over for Hue Ganus earlier this season but I do not think that he is what they are looking for. The Browns have a ton of talent and it looks like they are wanting to go for it.

2. Pittsburgh 8/10   This will change to 10/10 if they dont make the playoffs or lose in the first round. Tomlin has a ring but you could argue that he has done less with more talent than anyone in the NFL since Antonio Brown has come into the league. The Steelers have lost their identity. The used to be a cheap shotting , defensive team, now they are a cheap shotting offensive team. Tomlin is decent but the Steelers dont tolerate not winning SBs for long

3. Baltimore 7/10  I think that Harbaugh is good at a lot of things and he has also won a SB but I think he is starting to get stale in the locker room also. His offenses always seem to never match the intensity of his defense and they often blow games they should win just like yesterday and any game where they play us.

4. Bengals 3/10   Of all of the AFC North teams we need a coaching change worse than anyone. Marvin is stale. This coaching staff gameplans like we are the 1980 Houston Oilers. The sad thing is that while we watch the rest of this division get a fresh start we are probably going to go to bat with the same, tired bullshit as we also do.

What is interesting is that Mike McCarthy, Tomlin, and Harbaugh...all coaches who won SBs, are more likely (well, McCarthy is gone already) to get canned than Marvin Lewis.  Wacky.  What is crazy is if the Ravens can Harbaugh they alone will have fired 2 HCs who won SBs during the time Marvin Lewis was here going 0-7 in the post season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 03:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: What is interesting is that Mike McCarthy, Tomlin, and Harbaugh...all coaches who won SBs, are more likely (well, McCarthy is gone already) to get canned than Marvin Lewis.  Wacky.  What is crazy is if the Ravens can Harbaugh they alone will have fired 2 HCs who won SBs during the time Marvin Lewis was here going 0-7 in the post season.

Yeah, that is even more depressing when you think about it that way. It sucks to have that "Ive been to hell and I never want to go back" attitude that doesnt even make sense now. We were bad in the era where busting in the top 5 can set you back 10 years and we did it over and over. 

In this era of the NFL rookies dont make as much and you can cut ties rather quickly. The Browns are an anomaly for being so bad for so long. It just doesnt happen that often in sports. There is no reason to fear change as much now and when the time for change comes you need to be ready.

I think Mike Brown is selling the Bengals fans short as far as football knowledge goes. People would flock to the Stadium if even he tried and failed as long as the effort was there. When that window presents itself, Im talking a legit window to win the SuperBowl, you have to go for it.  Mike Brown doesnt close the window , he paints over it and hopes no one can see in. 
Reply/Quote