Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Democrats losing all credibility in denial of overwhelming evidence..
Just when you thought that this clown show that we call a government couldn't get any more outlandish.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/democrats-lost-one-precious-thing-at-hunter-influence-peddling-hearing/ar-BB1kl5eU?ocid=msedgntp&pc=U531&cvid=5d6c64a275584383802291c7a2bf9ce1&ei=100

Quote:In the 1966 movie "A Man for All Seasons," Sir Thomas More faces Richard Rich, an ambitious office seeker who would ultimately lie and betray him. In this British historical drama, More warns Rich that "when a man takes an oath, he's holding his own self in his own hands like water, and if he opens his fingers then, he needn't hope to find himself again."

This week, Democrats appear to have finally drained away what remained of themselves and their party. For years, Democratic members and the media have demanded any evidence of the direct involvement or knowledge of President Joe Biden of the influence-peddling operation of his son, Hunter, and his brothers, James and Frank.

In the hearing, witnesses testified under oath about specific meetings with Joe Biden discussing these foreign dealings and the family business interests. Bank records were introduced showing the transfers of millions going to Hunter and various Biden family members.

Faced with the evidence that the president lied about his lack of any knowledge or involvement in the influence peddling, the Democrats opened their fingers wider.

Rep. Dan Goldman, D., N.Y., captured the problem for Democrats in even addressing any of the mounting evidence contradicting the president. Yet, Goldman has long shown a willingness to rush in where angels fear to tread.

In previous attacks, Goldman repeatedly hit the Bidens with friendly fire when eliciting damaging answers from witnesses. Goldman has a habit of raising the worst evidence that his colleagues have avoided. In one hearing, he stumbled badly in raising the WhatsApp message where Hunter told a Chinese businessman that his father was sitting next to him and would not be pleased unless he sent him money. On another occasion, he prompted an IRS whistleblower to note that an email Goldman read into the record was actually a direct contradiction of the denials of the president.

In the latest misstep, Goldman pressed former Biden partner Tony Bobulinski on a proposal shared with Hunter and others to reserve 10% for "the Big Guy." In other emails, Bobulinski was told to use such codes to avoid mentioning Joe Biden's name. He was expressly identified as "the Big Guy."

To be clear, Hunter Biden was doing business with CEFC

Bobulinski testifies Jim Biden admitted family conducted business through 'plausible deniability'
Goldman snapped at Bobulinski, "Did anyone ever respond to that email?"

Bobulinski responded "Yes, they did numerous times. Hunter himself did."

Goldman blurted out "you're right" before angrily reclaiming his time to cut him off.

Things did not prove any easier for other members. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D., N.Y., imploded by mocking Bobulinski and challenging him "It is simple, you name the crime. Did you watch him steal something?"

Bobulinski proceeded to rattle off a series of possible criminal acts and Ocasio-Cortez cut him off. She then bizarrely then pretended that he did not just list the crimes and barked "What is the crime, sir? Specifically?"

Bobulinski was not the only one confused and noted "you ask and answer the question, I answered the question, RICO, you're obviously not familiar with..."

That is when Ocasio-Cortez again cut him off with "Excuse me, sir. Excuse me, sir. Excuse me, sir. RICO is not a crime, it is a category. What is the crime?"

With that, it appears that Trump has now been cleared of charges in Atlanta by no one other than Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. Racketeering is a crime and some of the crimes referenced by Bobulinski are commonly part of such conspiracies.

The exchange captured the lunacy of the hearing as Democrats demanded evidence and then ignored it when it was repeatedly offered by witnesses and members.

Mr. Biden declines her invitation to this carnival sideshow.

Yet, Ocasio-Cortez was illuminating on one point. Neither she nor her colleagues were willing to admit the obvious. Few people now disagree that Hunter was openly engaging in influence peddling, which is a form of corruption that the government has long fought around the world. It is also clear that Joe Biden knew of that influence peddling not just from his son but newspaper accounts. He had knowledge of the corruption and facilitated it.

However, Ocasio-Cortez wanted to ignore the millions of dollars acquired in influence peddling to press a witness on whether he saw the president steal something like a purse or a hubcap.

The Democrats have allowed their very identity to drip through their open fingers. They have become a party that calls for censorship, ballot cleansing, and court packing. Now it excuses raw influence peddling after opposing every effort to investigate it.

As a lifelong Democrat from a politically active Chicago family, I can no longer recognize the party from my youth. We once stood for something other than the next election or hating others.

By the end of the hearing, virtually every Democratic member had attacked the witnesses and denied the obvious corruption surrounding the Biden family. They had become a party of Richard Riches. Of course, this unified effort to deny the obvious left little time to look down at what remained in their hands. They had owned the moment when the party fought to shield one of the most extensive and lucrative influence peddling operations in history.

After that ignoble effort, there was little reason to look down since they "needn't hope to find [themselves] again."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 09:39 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Just when you thought that this clown show that we call a government couldn't get any more outlandish.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/democrats-lost-one-precious-thing-at-hunter-influence-peddling-hearing/ar-BB1kl5eU?ocid=msedgntp&pc=U531&cvid=5d6c64a275584383802291c7a2bf9ce1&ei=100

Has anyone contested that Hunter was influence peddling, or trying to?

I think the question is still the degree to which his father was implicated,
or can be implicated for "knowing" there was influence peddling.

"10% to the big guy" is not enough to convict the big guy of anything if
no one can show 10% of improperly gained money improperly going to him. 

So you do need to catch Biden stealing a "hubcap" if you want legal traction.

To me this "life long Democrat" opinion just sounds like the usual selective outrage of a Hannity guest spot,
and of a piece with the longgoing, ongoing Trump/Guiliani/GOP effort to find something, ANYTHING, 
on the scale of Trump wrongdoing and stick it on Biden. I think THAT is what Dems are opposing here.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/joe-biden/lev-parnas-ex-giuliani-associate-testifies-allegations-bidens-are-fals-rcna144250

The much harder to establish degree of "knowing" has come to the fore of "outrage"
only because other tactics and attempts have failed.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 10:16 AM)Dill Wrote: Has anyone contested that Hunter was influence peddling, or trying to?

To me this "life long Democrat" opinion just sounds like the usual selective outrage of a Hannity guest spot,
and of a piece with the longgoing, ongoing Trump/Guiliani/GOP effort to find something, ANYTHING, 
on the scale of Trump wrongdoing and stick it on Biden. I think THAT is what Dems are opposing here.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/joe-biden/lev-parnas-ex-giuliani-associate-testifies-allegations-bidens-are-fals-rcna144250

The much harder to establish degree of "knowing" has come to the fore of "outrage"

I believe Turley is a self professed "libertarian".  He has argued against the Trump impeachment and also had some anti-gop gun statements in the past.  Not exactly a life-long Democrat.  IIRC
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 10:16 AM)Dill Wrote: Has anyone contested that Hunter was influence peddling, or trying to?

But there's more than just the texts and emails referencing the "big guy".

Quote:In the hearing, witnesses testified under oath about specific meetings with Joe Biden discussing these foreign dealings and the family business interests. Bank records were introduced showing the transfers of millions going to Hunter and various Biden family members.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 10:25 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: But there's more than just the texts and emails referencing the "big guy".

But apparently no hubcap.

If there is evidence which rises to level of prosecution,
then present it to a prosecutor for charges.

Otherwise, time for the GOP to stop all the partisan outrage about "corruption"
which they have no intention or means of prosecuting.

Time to stop calling it a double standard when one presidential candidate can
be charged on prosecutable evidence and the other cannot.
Reply/Quote
Any day now. Annnnnnny day now.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 10:39 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Any day now. Annnnnnny day now.

What kind of "overwhelming evidence" cannot issue in charges and prosecution?
Reply/Quote
Just pretend it's Trump.

Then the same exact posters would line up around the block to throw rocks.

And then claim they were saving Democracy.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 11:52 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Just pretend it's Trump.

TDS is real I guess...but it doesn't mean what you think it means.

The gop has been promising proof and witnesses and impeachments and they've done nothing but holding hearings and being humiliated.

If Biden is as dirty as you say then it shouldn't be this hard.

It was easy to show what Trump did and he lost in a court of law.  
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
What gets me, is that there continues to be this attitude of "it's coming", which has been going on for over two years and at the end of the road, every time, it's just been Hunter Biden standing there looking like a douche. There has been no EVIDENCE, in this multi-year hunt for corruption that the POTUS had any dealings in his sons dirty deeds. No evidence. Zero. None.

What you WILL see here, over and over, is the anti-Trump crowd saying ubiquitously, "If the POTUS did the crime, then he should do the time." Can't say the same for the conservatives about Trump because "It's all a witch hunt.", brought by four independent prosecutors, but never mind.

Really the GOP needs to try harder and/or take pages out of the Dems book of corruption. They can't even get any evidence or indictments against Biden.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 11:52 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Just pretend it's Trump.

Exact same.  Both sides do it.

[Image: UPZRYZOBLNDLZG7XF2ASWXZUNE.jpg]
Reply/Quote
https://www.wbur.org/news/2020/12/24/2020-protest-photos

https://www.oregonlive.com/galleries/6JTNG23TENDKZBEQ2HW4JPQVP4/

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2020/12/17/22165631/2020-photos-defined-year-protests-pandemic-award-winning-illinois-midwest

Both sides did do it. 
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 01:10 PM)Dill Wrote: Exact same.  Both sides do it.

[Image: UPZRYZOBLNDLZG7XF2ASWXZUNE.jpg]

They sure do, Gary.

[Image: Minneapolis_Riot.jpg?p=facebook]

Reply/Quote
I do thank AOC for teaching me that violating RICO statutes is not a crime. Thousands of criminals are filing their appeals as we speak.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 01:39 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I do thank AOC for teaching me that violating RICO statutes is not a crime.  Thousands of criminals are filing their appeals as we speak.

She'd have done better to teach you to read. 
Reply/Quote
LOL

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/marjorie-taylor-greene-files-motion-vacate-house-speaker/story?id=108391689
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 01:41 PM)Dill Wrote: She'd have done better to teach you to read. 

[Image: so-salty-salt-bae.gif]

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 01:21 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: https://www.wbur.org/news/2020/12/24/2020-protest-photos

https://www.oregonlive.com/galleries/6JTNG23TENDKZBEQ2HW4JPQVP4/

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2020/12/17/22165631/2020-photos-defined-year-protests-pandemic-award-winning-illinois-midwest

Both sides did do it. 

Both sides protested the murder of Floyd,

or both sides followed a president's call to the Capitol to 

TAKE BACK their country and restore him to power? 

Same same all around? 
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 01:48 PM)Dill Wrote: Both sides protested the murder of Floyd,

Same same all around? 

It's OK when we do it.   ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 01:48 PM)Dill Wrote: Both sides protested the murder of Floyd,

Same same all around? 

Maybe not the same motivation but maybe the same mindset.

2 wrongs don't make a right.

See how easy that is to condemn both.
Reply/Quote