Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump threatens to dump immigrants into California’s ‘sanctuary cities’
(04-15-2019, 11:37 AM)bfine32 Wrote: What exactly do my Left leaning friends want don't with those that cross over illegally looking for asylum?

(04-15-2019, 11:57 AM)GMDino Wrote: A system where they can move toward getting work visas and green cards and eventual citizenship would be good.  But why do that when you can just close (one) border?

(04-15-2019, 12:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm not sure you answered the question. What do you suggest we do with immigrants that cross illegally looking for asylum? 

You...are...funny. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-15-2019, 11:37 AM)bfine32 Wrote: What exactly do my Left leaning friends want don't with those that cross over illegally looking for asylum?

Illegal border crossers should be deported, that's my feeling on that, but we need to devote more resources to processing asylum seeker claims and stop turning them away from legal ports of entry, which is what is currently fueling the rise in illegal border crossings by asylum seekers. Just deporting them won't do anything to stem the tide.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(04-15-2019, 12:18 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Illegal border crossers should be deported, that's my feeling on that, but we need to devote more resources to processing asylum seeker claims and stop turning them away from legal ports of entry, which is what is currently fueling the rise in illegal border crossings by asylum seekers. Just deporting them won't do anything to stem the tide.

This is more where I am at; except I'd like to see the wall money go toward detention centers along the border and judges. Once we establish these conditions then anyone crossing illegally is deported with no hope of asylum. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-15-2019, 12:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: You...are...funny. Mellow

My comedic talents aside, you did suggest how you would like to see the system going forward, you did not; however, address what we do with them in the mean time. That was the question

(04-15-2019, 10:41 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Honestly I love it. The backlash from (mostly) twitter leftists is hilarious.  Hilarious

Good Trump.

First of all I did not see any "backlash".

Second of all this post is a perfect example of what is wrong with our system.  People don't elect Presidents to solve problems or help the country.  Instead they just vote for a guy who will piss off other side.
(04-15-2019, 12:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is more where I am at; except I'd like to see the wall money go toward detention centers along the border and judges. Once we establish these conditions then anyone crossing illegally is deported with no hope of asylum. 

Judges are the big thing, which would also be for the asylum seekers as immigration judges hear those cases as well. I think that is our biggest hiccup right now, as well as the administrative force to push things through. If we devoted more resources to that process, then more detention centers wouldn't even be needed.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(04-15-2019, 01:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: First of all I did not see any "backlash".

Second of all this post is a perfect example of what is wrong with our system.  People don't elect Presidents to solve problems or help the country.  Instead they just vote for a guy who will piss off other side.

I didn't vote for him, but I agree that's one of the biggest problems in politics now. 

We haven't seen either side willing to work together on issues since the early W years. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(04-15-2019, 02:49 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: I didn't vote for him, but I agree that's one of the biggest problems in politics now. 

We haven't seen either side willing to work together on issues since the early W years. 

That was an anomaly, though. This current divisive trend begins in the '70s. The early W years are marked by 9/11 and a brief sense of jingoistic camaraderie which is an outlier in the dataset.

(04-15-2019, 01:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: First of all I did not see any "backlash".

If this were rue Huckabee would be preparing to run for reelection. 

(04-15-2019, 02:54 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: That was an anomaly, though. This current divisive trend begins in the '70s. The early W years are marked by 9/11 and a brief sense of jingoistic camaraderie which is an outlier in the dataset.

Yep, 9/11 caused a time where both sides stopped playing games.

But they are still getting paid and nice benefits so until someone forces them do work together, then it's same old same old each and every time, why should they change?? No one is forcing them to.