Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Denmark bans face veil: Incompatible with Danish values
(02-08-2018, 06:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I feel the woman should be able to wear whatever she desires as long as it is not vulgar. WTS, understand that not every woman you see wearing one of these are doing it by choice.

Define vulgar
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-08-2018, 07:24 PM)treee Wrote: Define vulgar

lewdly or profanely indecent
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-08-2018, 07:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: lewdly or profanely indecent

What is lewd? Side boob? Nipples? Vaginas?
(02-08-2018, 07:31 PM)treee Wrote: What is lewd? Side boob? Nipples? Vaginas?

I assume you have access to the internet. Type the word Lewd in your search window and then click on that magnifying glass looking icon. You could have also used that technique to discover the definition of vulgar. 

(02-08-2018, 08:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I assume you have access to the internet. Type the word Lewd in your search window and then click on that magnifying glass looking icon. You could have also used that technique to discover the definition of vulgar. 

So you're suggesting that it is a concrete definition and not a subjective one?
(02-08-2018, 08:43 PM)treee Wrote: So you're suggesting that it is a concrete definition and not a subjective one?

Nope, suggesting you can use the internet to define the words you continually ask to have defined.

But if it will make things easier on you:

Lewd: adjective

1. crude and offensive in a sexual way.

(02-08-2018, 09:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope, suggesting you can use the internet to define the words you continually ask to have defined.

Oh, well you defined a word. Good job, I guess this discussion is over then.
(02-08-2018, 09:51 PM)treee Wrote: Oh, well you defined a word. Good job, I guess this discussion is over then.

Define discussion

(02-08-2018, 10:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Define discussion

In what context?
(02-08-2018, 09:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope, suggesting you can use the internet to define the words you continually ask to have defined.

which brings us back to his original question... "What is lewd? Side boob? Nipples? Vaginas?". What kind of dress would you consider "crude and offensive in a sexual way"?

These are all subjective terms. Do we quote Justice Potter Stewart? "I know it when I see it"?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-08-2018, 11:49 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: which brings us back to his original question... "What is lewd? Side boob? Nipples? Vaginas?". What kind of dress would you consider "crude and offensive in a sexual way"?

These are all subjective terms. 

And being as they are subjective; it's not up to me to determine, that onus falls on society. I have my opinions as to the definition, I'm sure you and Treee  have your definitions. I simply provided the definition and let each person apply his/her qualification. 

Not that any of it has much to do with the OP

(02-08-2018, 11:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: And being as they are subjective; it's not up to me to determine, that onus falls on society. I have my opinions as to the definition, I'm sure you and Treee  have your definitions. I simply provided the definition and let each person apply his/her qualification. 

Not that any of it has much to do with the OP

I'm not judging anyone's definition. Since we shifted this conversation towards standards in the US, I'm curious what your take on it is and apparently Treee is too. Personally I guess I'd say no visible genitalia in spaces not designated as nude beaches. 6

(02-08-2018, 11:58 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm not judging anyone's definition. Since we shifted this conversation towards standards in the US, I'm curious what your take on it is and apparently Treee is too. Personally I guess I'd say no visible genitalia in spaces not designated as nude beaches. 6

My take is: crude and offensive in a sexual way.

(02-09-2018, 12:09 AM)bfine32 Wrote: My take is: crude and offensive in a sexual way.

See, this is reminiscent of when you and I argued constantly.  Semantic arguments are inane, you're definition of lewd may not be mine or Bmore's.  I have zero issue with sexual imagery/dress.  As long as it's not at an event in which the attendance of children is a given I say more power to you.  Why, for some, is beach attire fine on the beach but nowhere else?  
(02-09-2018, 12:09 AM)bfine32 Wrote: My take is: crude and offensive in a sexual way.

So no sun dresses? I find them sexually offensive. 

(02-09-2018, 09:45 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So no sun dresses? I find them sexually offensive. 

I have no issue with Sun Dresses and that is exactly why I said it is up to society to define the definition.

(02-09-2018, 10:46 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I have no issue with Sun Dresses and that is exactly why I said it is up to society to define the definition.

There's the rub (pardon the pun).

Society used to say exposed ankles are awful.
Society used to say mini-skirts were an abomination.
Society used to say proper men wore hats.

Actually society didn't say that:  The men in charge said that and then they bristled at people who "defied" their "morals".

Thus if a law prevents someone from doing something they WANT to do it may be society but more likely it's a handful of people who want their own values pushed.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-09-2018, 03:11 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: See, this is reminiscent of when you and I argued constantly.  Semantic arguments are inane, you're definition of lewd may not be mine or Bmore's.  I have zero issue with sexual imagery/dress.  As long as it's not at an event in which the attendance of children is a given I say more power to you.  Why, for some, is beach attire fine on the beach but nowhere else?  

I think you guys are all supporting my point. In a perfect world I would like to se everything given to a vote; in a democracy we let our elected officials decide.

If asked what bfine thinks:

Private institutions should be free to establish their own dress codes

As to the public; I'm OK with butt nakid; however, I doubt society as whole is. That is why I said vulgar and it is up to society to determine what fits the bill.

(02-08-2018, 03:44 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:  If you feel comfortable advocating for the continued subjugation of women I have no ameliorating words for you.   

Before I waste any more time discussing this I think I need to make sure I understand your position.

Are you saying that it should be against the law to wear a veil and anyone who disagrees with that supports the oppression of women?
(02-08-2018, 07:24 PM)treee Wrote: Define vulgar

Steelers jersey.