Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dennis Kucinich sues over sandwich
This showed up in my Facebook memories section today. Something I had shared back in 2011.

I just find it amusing.

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/jan/27/news/la-pn-kucinich-lawsuit-20110127

Quote:Rep. Dennis Kucinich has filed a lawsuit against a House of Representatives cafeteria over dental injuries he says he sustained three years ago when he ate a sandwich containing olives that were not pitted.

January 27, 2011|By Michael A. Memoli, Washington Bureau

Reporting from Washington — U.S. Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio) is suing the operators of a House cafeteria for alleged negligence stemming from a almost 3-year-old incident involving a sandwich he says left him with significant dental injuries.

Kucinich is seeking $150,000 in damages from companies that run the cafeteria in the Longworth House Office Building and the providers that service it. According to the District of Columbia Superior Court, the case was filed on Jan. 3, and a hearing has been scheduled for April 8.

A copy of the suit obtained by the Cleveland Plain Dealer documents the April 2008 incident, in which Kucinich purchased a sandwich wrap he says was "represented to contain pitted olives." After consuming it, Kucinich found the olives were not pitted, causing "serious and permanent dental and oral injuries" that required "multiple surgical and dental procedures."

Kucinich's suit also claims he "sustained other damages," including "significant pain, suffering and loss of enjoyment." He also accuses the four firms of breach of implied warranty.

Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-26-2016, 01:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: This showed up in my Facebook memories section today. Something I had shared back in 2011.

I just find it amusing.

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/jan/27/news/la-pn-kucinich-lawsuit-20110127

Smirk

Notice he didn't sue for loss of work.

Because, you know, you'd actually have to work to have a loss of work.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]