Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Depth Chart Changes Needed
Right now, as of today, the current depth chart has Mixon listed as fourth, behind Peerman. That needs to be changed, as does Trey Hopkins listed ahead of Andre Smith. I get the whole "no rookie gets placed ahead of a vet until they show it in a game", but if you are injured and can't even play while your so-called back up is playing well, they should be awarded that spot.

On defense, Pat Sims should be behind Billings, Glasgow should be ahead of Brandon Thompson, and Jordan Evans should be listed ahead of Marquis Flowers.

I don't know if he deserves to be listed above Clarke and Gilberry, but I found it interesting that Hardison was listed as fourth at LDE instead of backing up Geno, which I thought was his more natural spot. They have Brandon Thompson as the back up to Geno with Glasgow behind him.

I know these don't really mean that much (Ross is listed third at WR2) because they will still likely carry 7 WRs (Malone is listed 4th at WR1), but I think it is interesting to see where the Bengals envision them playing.

PJ Dawson was listed 3rd at SAM behind Vigil and Lawson. It is interesting because he is the only vet listed behind a rookie, and even though Lawson was a 4th round pick, Dawson was a 3rd. Man, what a disappointment he has been.

http://www.bengals.com/team/depth-chart.html
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Dawson might be the biggest disappointment on the entire roster.
Reply/Quote
Preseason DC's don't mean much.... PJ Dawson was a 3rd rounder but that doesn't matter after going the to practice squad your a practice squader.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't read much into it. Marvin usually just scribbles names down until he gets everyone listed.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2017, 10:57 AM)Benton Wrote: I wouldn't read much into it. Marvin usually just scribbles names down until he gets everyone listed.

Agreed.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2017, 10:57 AM)Benton Wrote: I wouldn't read much into it. Marvin usually just scribbles names down until he gets everyone listed.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I think they leave the rookies deep on the depth chart so they keep working hard.

The thing is...the Bengals don't really play rookies much...so it could be accurate at some level.
Reply/Quote

That's what I was going to say. 

Until the official one comes out at the end of preseason, don't even look at it. 
Reply/Quote

(08-18-2017, 12:46 PM)rezolve11 Wrote: That's what I was going to say. 

Until the official one comes out at the end of preseason, don't even look at it. 

I do read into it when Sims is playing the 1's instead of Billings.

This definately needs to be changed next game. Same with MJ starting.

Willis or Chris Smith deserve a shot to see what they got.

Same with Mixon should get the snaps playing the 1's.
Reply/Quote

Exactly. Marvin hates putting out a depth chart. He only does it because the league requires it.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Shenanigans!

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2017, 09:41 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Dawson might be the biggest disappointment on the entire roster.

Definitely. I was excited about the pick big time. 

Super quiet training camp. Looking like the end of the line
Reply/Quote

Yep

(08-18-2017, 04:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I do read into it when Sims is playing the 1's instead of Billings.

Agree on MJ, we know what he brings to the table,  put the rookies in against the one's. Would like to see Mixon and Ross out there with the One's some more as well.
Reply/Quote
I would like to see Hopkins and Westerman put in the first team now, this would allow the line a chance to gel. This would give the team a young line for several years.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2017, 04:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I do read into it when Sims is playing the 1's instead of Billings.

watch the tape last week, billings and willis played with the ones... so did Mixon.. so you are incorrect on that. Actually Willis played the most snaps as anyone on the field... 
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2017, 06:52 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

Agree on MJ, we know what he brings to the table,  put the rookies in against the one's. Would like to see Mixon and Ross out there with the One's some more as well.

If Ross is ready to go i am for it but i think we ought to wait a week to make sure he is 100% before we unveil The Flash.

(08-18-2017, 09:08 PM)SYLVIA Wrote: I would like to see Hopkins and Westerman put in the first team now, this would allow the line a chance to gel. This would give the team a young line for several years.

Wouldn't be a bad idea. Boling is good and we know he will be ready to go opening day.

Get Westerman some snaps with the 1's at LG.

Hop started at RG last game by the way and played great.

(08-18-2017, 09:43 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: watch the tape last week, billings and willis played with the ones... so did Mixon.. so you are incorrect on that. Actually Willis played the most snaps as anyone on the field... 

Thanks Essex, maybe the coaches caught on after Sims not getting any push and MJ flailing around on the ground.

BTW, where can i watch the tape?
Reply/Quote