Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coach Taylor expects AJ to return
(02-22-2020, 09:20 PM)samhain Wrote: I'm surprised that we aren't hearing much about attempts to get a deal done before the new league year.  This almost has to mean that the team and player are pretty far apart on what they think he should be compensated.  I wonder if he has a desire to play somewhere else.  

I'm not surprised that we aren't hearing anything, the Bengals typically remain media silent throughout any decision making process that they perform.

We also don't know that the team and AJ aren't already working toward getting a deal done.  It would only make sense for both sides  to have a good idea of how things are going to play out, with free agency right around the corner.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2020, 11:54 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I think the franchise tag is a no brainer. Unless he takes a team friendly low guaranteed money multi year deal...

He has to prove he is healthy and can play a full season.

I think the franchise tag would mean we have no brains. 18 million for a player that we cannot count on to stay healthy at all?

AJ has missed the last 24 games...

Multi year incentive laden contract taking into account AJ's injury history is the only way we or anyone should go about it.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 03:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think the franchise tag would mean we have no brains. 18 million for a player that we cannot count on to stay healthy at all?

AJ has missed the last 24 games...

Multi year incentive laden contract taking into account AJ's injury history is the only way we or anyone should go about it.

I think the best they could do is offer him a fair market, 3 year deal that includes clauses to protect the team's interests should he not be able to remain healthy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 03:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I think the best they could do is offer him a fair market, 3 year deal that includes clauses to protect the team's interests should he not be able to remain healthy.

Sounds just fine to me, just not the tag. AJ doesn't want the tag either.
Reply/Quote