Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Describe the 2025 Super Bowl game clinching play that you would want to see happen
Game clinching play.

Bengals up 24-17 on the niners. Niners are 4th and goal, at the 4, with 3 seconds left. This is the game. The niners line up in the gun, 3 wide (kittle in the slot, deebo in the backfield to the left with McCaffrey to the right). This play has been money all year, like this tush push with deebo behind Trent Williams. Mike Hilton is over kittle, but instead of covering him, Wilson fades over to run with kittle who runs a 5 yard out. Purdy fakes the inside handoff to deebo and mccaffery releases to the right for a dump off, with Hilton seemingly screaming towards purdy on a db blitz, but wait, Hilton knows what’s coming and slows up and opens his hips. As purdy lofts it “over” Hilton, Hilton is now in a position to make a play, as purdy puts just a little loft and not enough juice. As McCaffrey is coming back for the ball, Hilton jumps up (like Jordan in space jam) and his arm just keeps extending… all breaths are being held as McCaffrey only has to make Logan Wilson miss after the catch. Mike Hilton deflects the pass, but it goes up into the air towards the goal line. McCaffrey has no chance. Kittle, who ran a 5 yard out, is coming back to the ball and gives incredible effort, but he can’t secure the catch. The ball bounces to the ground. Burrow comes out, 3 kneels, game over.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Jake Browning playing the 4th quarter of mop up with Joe enjoying a cigar..  a 53-3 thumping.. All the starters sitting on the bench with shit eating grins..  Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I don't even care any SB win would be amazing. I guess Mims catching a tackle eligible TD late. Nothing too stressful like the FG doink for the opponent, some of us would pass out or break something leading up to that.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 03:00 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: up by 2, one second left, missed chip shot field goal from the opponents

Their kicker must be Ray Finkle.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 03:18 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: The game is a blowout before the half with the Bengals winning and the Bengals open the third quarter with a TD. Everyone gripes it is a boring Super Bowl except for Bengals fans. We win the game soundly 42-10.

Yeah I’m like, when the Bengals go up 42-0 halfway through the 2nd qtr.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I would like to see a game winning pass to Joe Burrow in the end zone. Sort of like the Eagles did a few years ago.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Shooter with a 60+ yarder to win it.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2024, 10:32 AM)Wyche Wrote: Shooter with a 60+ yarder to win it.

this
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2024, 10:32 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Shooter with a 60+ yarder to win it.

There has never been a 60 yarder in Super Bowl history.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2024, 11:59 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: There has never been a 60 yarder in Super Bowl history.

Which would make it all the better and more memorable!

I don't know because, the football fan in me wants to see a close game coming down to the final play, but the Bengals fan in me wants it to be a complete blowout, setting the tone for a string of Super Bowl titles.

I'd love to see us have the ball on the 15, down 6, Burrow drops back, feels the rush, steps up, scrambles to his right, then fires a bullet to Chase who's crossing in the back of the endzone with Money Mac kicking it for the win.

Actually, it might be more epic to be down 5 and then hit Chase in the back of the end zone as time expires so it's just a walk-off.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 02:24 PM)depthchart Wrote: .

Rams fans got to enjoy Aaron Donald's game clinching sack of Joe Burrow to clinch the Super Bowl played in February of 2022.

I'm hoping that Bengal Fans will finally get their game clinching play soon in the Super Bowl to be played in 2025.

Describe the 2025 Super Bowl game clinching play that you would want to see happen.

What's your play that would go down in History as the game clinching play.

Example:  

4th and goal for the Bengals on their opponents 3 yard line with 11 seconds left in the 4th quarter with the Bengals

being down by 5 points and Joe Burrow throws a TD pass to Amarius Mims who is tackle eligible to receive it.

Three kneel downs and a 20-point win to save what is left of my bad heart. 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Bengals up two scores and Joe Burrow taking a knee to run the clock out on the game.
Reply/Quote
Josh Newton with a game clinching pick 6 on Jordan Love.
Reply/Quote
I'm with people on the blowout, but I would rather it be a 2 score game (to keep a bit of excitement), under 2 minutes and no TOs for the opponent (whomever, doesn't matter to me. Detroit would be cool).

We only rush 4 and the other 7 are out in coverage, QB doesn't see Hendrickson coming around the blindside, he lifts that arm and chops the ball out, Hubbard pounces on the fumble to seal it.

Would be absolutely amazing.

And if we blew them out before the second half, I'd be over the moon as well Big Grin
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 03:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The ghost of Jeff Norwood lives!

Norwide
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Winning the toin coss and then demolishing the 49ers, 49-0.Wub
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I didn't read all the replies, so my apologies if this has already been said...

Jake Browning, having played most of the second half due to the historic lopsided score, takes a knee in victory formation.
Reply/Quote
Sam Hubbard strip sack recovered by Hilton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2024, 08:00 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Winning the toin coss and then demolishing the 49ers, 49-0.Wub

Would you bend a little and let the 49ers win the coin toss ?   Mellow
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2024, 11:59 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: There has never been a 60 yarder in Super Bowl history.

Nice .....a record breaker to boot. Cool

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote