Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Describe the 2025 Super Bowl game clinching play that you would want to see happen

Rams fans got to enjoy Aaron Donald's game clinching sack of Joe Burrow to clinch the Super Bowl played in February of 2022.

I'm hoping that Bengal Fans will finally get their game clinching play soon in the Super Bowl to be played in 2025.

Describe the 2025 Super Bowl game clinching play that you would want to see happen.

What's your play that would go down in History as the game clinching play.

Example:  

4th and goal for the Bengals on their opponents 3 yard line with 11 seconds left in the 4th quarter with the Bengals

being down by 5 points and Joe Burrow throws a TD pass to Amarius Mims who is tackle eligible to receive it.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 02:24 PM)depthchart Wrote: .

Rams fans got to enjoy Aaron Donald's game clinching sack of Joe Burrow to clinch the Super Bowl played in February of 2022.

I'm hoping that Bengal Fans will finally get their game clinching play soon in the Super Bowl to be played in 2025.

Describe the 2025 Super Bowl game clinching play that you would want to see happen.

Example:  4th and goal for the Bengals on their opponents 3 yard line with 11 seconds left in the 4th quarter with the Bengals

being down by 5 points and Joe Burrow throws a TD pass to Amarius Mims who is tackle eligible to receive it.
Sam Hubbard forces a Fumble on a sack in the final 2 minutes or Burrow completes a pass too gain a first down at the minute warning. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

I forgot to add that my clinch play is against the 49ers with Joe Montana at the game watching with their Owner.   Wub
Reply/Quote
up by 2, one second left, missed chip shot field goal from the opponents

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 03:00 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: up by 2, one second left, missed chip shot field goal from the opponents

Would you want it to be a near miss or a miss by a mile or a doink off the Goal Post or a double doink...?
Reply/Quote
Two minutes left. Bengals ball 1st & 10: QB Kneel
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 03:13 PM)depthchart Wrote: Would you want it to be a near miss or a miss by a mile or a doink off the Goal Post or a double doink...?

complete wide right shank

Reply/Quote
The game is a blowout before the half with the Bengals winning and the Bengals open the third quarter with a TD. Everyone gripes it is a boring Super Bowl except for Bengals fans. We win the game soundly 42-10.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 03:16 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: complete wide right shank

Which poor Kicker would you select to have to live with this for the rest of his life ?
Reply/Quote
It wouldn't be against Baltimore, but I can't imagine a more exciting play to close out a Super Bowl than that 100-yard dash by Hubbard after stealing the go-ahead TD out of the opposing QB's hands.
Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow TD to Chase with 5:38 left in the 1st quarter to go up 21-0 and seal a commanding lead. We see the fight die in the eyes of the 49ers players and it never gets closer.

Why would I ever want the game to come down to the last seconds? Crush them early and put it away like the Buccaneers against the Chiefs or Seahawks over Broncos. A beating so hard that their grandchildren will feel it. Win by such a large margin that there can be no controversy. Can't let the refs have a chance to call body weight on the QB or hip-drop tackle or whatever new bullshit rules they've implemented to let the refs have more ability to make game-deciding judgement calls.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 03:18 PM)depthchart Wrote: Which poor Kicker would you select to have to live with this for the rest of his life ?

it'll prob be san francisco in the super bowl again, so that guy

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 03:16 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: complete wide right shank

The ghost of Jeff Norwood lives!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 03:23 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: it'll prob be san francisco in the super bowl again, so that guy

So "Laces out" for Jake Moody for the rest of his life.  (a Jim Carey Movie reference)

Finkle is Einhorn and Einhorn is Finkle.

Little football cookies.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 03:13 PM)depthchart Wrote: Would you want it to be a near miss or a miss by a mile or a doink off the Goal Post or a double doink...?

How about the kicker makes it but there is a flag on the play which pushes them back 5 yards and then he shanks it  or the famous ice the kicker scenario and he shanks it.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 02:24 PM)depthchart Wrote: .

Example:  

4th and goal for the Bengals on their opponents 3 yard line with 11 seconds left in the 4th quarter with the Bengals

Play? How about this! Under 3 minutes with a 3 point lead vs SF they go for it in our territory on about our 45. Fourth Down and 1. McCaffery behind Trent Williams but Logan Wilson shoots the gap and no gain. We run the ball effectively and run out the clock.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 03:52 PM)depthchart Wrote: So "Laces out" for Jake Moody for the rest of his life.  (a Jim Carey Movie reference)

Finkle is Einhorn and Einhorn is Finkle.

Little football cookies.

Jake will be in a bad moody til he dies

but hopefully he gets injured midseason and they pick up Mike Nugent to replace him. Or Randy Bullock. Rather see them miss

Reply/Quote
Chase beating his man and being wide open down the right sideline (again) and Burrow getting .8 seconds instead of .3 seconds to get it to him for the win. Vindication.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 04:20 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Play? How about this! Under 3 minutes with a 3 point lead vs SF they go for it in our territory on about our 45. Fourth Down and 1. McCaffery behind Trent Williams but Logan Wilson shoots the gap and no gain. We run the ball effectively and run out the clock.

That would be fine with me.

The players, Coaches, Ownership, fans etc having those last few moments to enjoy running the clock down towards the Win.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 04:41 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Jake will be in a bad moody til he dies

but hopefully he gets injured midseason and they pick up Mike Nugent to replace him. Or Randy Bullock. Rather see them miss

LOL

If Moody only knew just how much misfortune you have heaped upon his head with your Bengals clinch play wishes.

First he misses an easy Super Bowl kick but then you help him escape that fate with a midseason injury that he would have to endure.

Hope Moody never sees this on Social Media or you might get into his head causing a nose dive in his Career trajectory.   Tongue

Reply/Quote