Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devin White pre-draft visit
LSU LB will make a pre draft visit to 3 teams..the Bucs, the Giants, and the Bengals. Bucs and Giants pick 5 and 6 though the Giants are expected to go for a QB.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Glad to see the visit. There is always what we think they should do but nice to see they continue to acknowledge that need going forward.
Reply/Quote
Devin White would be a great pick for us, and I've been hoping for weeks that the first round works out this way.  However, we'd have to go to the fourth slot to ensure that outcome, and I don't see it happening.  Maybe he'll still be there at 11. It would be the best thing for us, since we've not been using high enough picks on linebackers for a while, and it's showing.

The tough decision is if he is not there, do we take the next best linebacker, or go to the best offensive tackle on the board.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 04:22 AM)Thundercloud Wrote: Devin White would be a great pick for us, and I've been hoping for weeks that the first round works out this way.  However, we'd have to go to the fourth slot to ensure that outcome, and I don't see it happening.  Maybe he'll still be there at 11. It would be the best thing for us, since we've not been using high enough picks on linebackers for a while, and it's showing.

The tough decision is if he is not there, do we take the next best linebacker, or go to the best offensive tackle on the board.

People keep looking to the Bucs at 5, but I think they will consider a top DT with the decline of McCoy. There have been a couple comments made this off season about McCoy from the Bucs that make me think they are ready to fin his replacement. I think the Bucs are a prime trade up target for Haskins possibly sitting in front of a string of teams interested in QB. I don't see the Giants going LB when they are lacking a pass rusher with the trade of Vernon. There will still be some top flight D linemen available at 6, so I think this is homework for them but I don't think either stick. 

The team I am actually worried about is the Broncos. If the top QB's are gone I could see them taking White to shore up their front 7 a bit.
Reply/Quote
Just to kind of add on to Au's post re:Broncos, NFL.com has a list of top 5 team needs for all 32 teams. The only teams in the top 10 that list LB as a need are the Raiders(#4- 5th biggest need), Bucs(#5- biggest need), and Broncos(#10-2nd biggest need behind OL).

If White makes it past the Bucs, I wonder if this is the year the stars align and we actually trade up. The Bills pick 9th and we seem to have a good relationship with them. Could our 3rd rounder be enough? The trade value chart I saw shows our 4th & 5th being close to even.
Reply/Quote
White and bush are visiting with us and the bucs

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
There is no question in my mind that we will have to move up to get Devin White. Why? Simply because EVERYONE on the planet knows that we need linebacker. Denver is a savvy team and if he's still on the board at 10, they will move out and someone will jump to 10 to take him.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2019, 01:08 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: There is no question in my mind that we will have to move up to get Devin White.  Why?  Simply because EVERYONE on the planet knows that we need linebacker.  Denver is a savvy team and if he's still on the board at 10, they will move out and someone will jump to 10 to take him.

Denver may take him themselves. They are desperately in need of a MLB.
Reply/Quote
I'd be willing to give Denver all of our 6th round picks to move up. lol.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 08:18 AM)Au165 Wrote: People keep looking to the Bucs at 5, but I think they will consider a top DT with the decline of McCoy. There have been a couple comments made this off season about McCoy from the Bucs that make me think they are ready to fin his replacement. I think the Bucs are a prime trade up target for Haskins possibly sitting in front of a string of teams interested in QB. I don't see the Giants going LB when they are lacking a pass rusher with the trade of Vernon. There will still be some top flight D linemen available at 6, so I think this is homework for them but I don't think either stick. 

The team I am actually worried about is the Broncos. If the top QB's are gone I could see them taking White to shore up their front 7 a bit.

It's always the team just in front of us. im hoping White, Hock, or Taylor are there at 11. I have a feeling even if we do pick a OL/LB it will be Ford or Bush, I don't like either player. I would take Dalton Risner over Ford and Hock over Bush if he's still there. I just don't want a WR or CB.
Reply/Quote
White is the playmaker that we need on defense to replace Burfict, except he would (imco) have even more of an impact than Butfict.

His speed isn't great, which is a knock, but he can blitz, play the pass, stuff the run, and cover tight ends and running backs, which has always been an issue for us.

I think he'd be a great fit for our defense, especially in our division. We need that playmaker in the middle of our defense, and he's that guy.

I have been set on improving the line, though, so we'd need to be sure that we could still do that.

New coaching cold make all the difference in the world, though.

I'm torn because we need a better line, but a playmaker like White excites me!
Reply/Quote
If we can't get White, hopefully Bush is still around. Although, if we get a great new linebacker, what is the over/under before the Steelers break him?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 04:22 AM)Thundercloud Wrote: Devin White would be a great pick for us, and I've been hoping for weeks that the first round works out this way.  However, we'd have to go to the fourth slot to ensure that outcome, and I don't see it happening.  Maybe he'll still be there at 11. It would be the best thing for us, since we've not been using high enough picks on linebackers for a while, and it's showing.

I would go with the best OT myself...

(04-01-2019, 08:18 AM)Au165 Wrote: People keep looking to the Bucs at 5, but I think they will consider a top DT with the decline of McCoy. There have been a couple comments made this off season about McCoy from the Bucs that make me think they are ready to fin his replacement. I think the Bucs are a prime trade up target for Haskins possibly sitting in front of a string of teams interested in QB. I don't see the Giants going LB when they are lacking a pass rusher with the trade of Vernon. There will still be some top flight D linemen available at 6, so I think this is homework for them but I don't think either stick. 

You thinking the top QB's will be gone by the Broncos pick?

Actually going off what the OP stated and what you say here i think White will be there and he will be the pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2019, 02:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I would go with the best OT myself...

You thinking the top QB's will be gone by the Broncos pick?

Actually going off what the OP stated and what you say here i think White will be there and he will be the pick.

Depends what teams view as the top QB's. Elway doesn't like Murray and Haskins I think is gone. I don't think he wants to risk taking Lock for fear another bust QB early could seriously diminish his legacy.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2019, 02:30 PM)Au165 Wrote: Depends what teams view as the top QB's. Elway doesn't like Murray and Haskins I think is gone. I don't think he wants to risk taking Lock for fear another bust QB early could seriously diminish his legacy.

Good points, they need a lot of help on Offense though. I could see them thinking they are not too bad off on Defense.

Edit: I could see them looking hard at Hockenson...
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2019, 02:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good points, they need a lot of help on Offense though. I could see them thinking they are not too bad off on Defense.

Edit: I could see them looking hard at Hockenson...

A Broncos beat writer on NFL radio brought up the point that their new coach was the Bears DC last year when they picked up Smith and that he wouldn't be shocked to seem him try to get his MLB of the future in Denver if he can. They really can go a lot of ways.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2019, 06:21 PM)blt4584 Wrote: A Broncos beat writer on NFL radio brought up the point that their new coach was the Bears DC last year when they picked up Smith and that he wouldn't be shocked to seem him try to get his MLB of the future in Denver if he can. They really can go a lot of ways.

Thanks for that, if they do take White i think we ought to go with one of the OT's and go LB in the 2nd. I wouldn't hate Bush at 11 but it is harder to find good OT's then good LB's. Darius Leonard wasn't a first round pick last year and was one of the best Linebackers in the league for the Colts.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2019, 02:30 PM)Au165 Wrote: Depends what teams view as the top QB's. Elway doesn't like Murray and Haskins I think is gone. I don't think he wants to risk taking Lock for fear another bust QB early could seriously diminish his legacy.

His legacy is already crap.  And he doesn't care one bit.  He seems to have unlimited free rein.  He will keep collecting QB's until he finds the right one.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2019, 09:10 PM)McC Wrote: His legacy is already crap.  And he doesn't care one bit.  He seems to have unlimited free rein.  He will keep collecting QB's until he finds the right one.

Yeah, i hear Broncos fans even saying he doesn't want to get a QB as good as him so he can always be their best QB...
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 02:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, i hear Broncos fans even saying he doesn't want to get a QB as good as him so he can always be their best QB...

It makes sense.  Who could legitimately be that bad at finding a QB?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote