Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Dhani Jones tackles Ogbuehi
All things Dhani Jones go here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
For the record, I liked Dhani. Just sayin'...
Reply/Quote
His show was pretty good, and he played decent enough ball here.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
He rode his bike to the stadium, played air guitar on the field, and wore bow ties off of it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 12:53 PM)Benton Wrote: All things Dhani Jones go here.

Didn't see a link.

What did he say?
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 01:39 PM)3wt Wrote: Didn't see a link.

What did he say?

There was a squabble in another thread about Dhani that had nothing to do with him, so Mod started this.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Dhani is the man. Played rugby in the off season.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Dhani Jones once rode Cedric Ogbuehi to the store, just to buy some Charmin. Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I was always a Dhani fan save the first game of his final season where we had Denver at home to open. They won on a tipped ball at the end of the game. I realize Dhani may not have been fast enough to catch the WR if he tried, but you saw him give up on the play while the WR drew out the play (killing as many of the last few seconds as possible) by slowing up at the goal line.

Reply/Quote
Smart player who was below average physically. He replaced Caleb Miller, thus looked better by default. Dhani was on the street for 18 days after he was cut by the Saints during final roster cuts. That was the 2nd time he'd been cut in 5 months (he was released earlier by the Eagles). He wasn't getting interest and was mulling retirement when we came calling. I'd say he did a serviceable job overall for us and was a good mentor for Maualuga. Certainly nothing special though.

As a person, he seemed like a good guy though. Very likable.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 06:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Dhani Jones once rode Cedric Ogbuehi to the store, just to buy some Charmin.   Ninja

"Dhani Jones was the third ranked Bengal in 2007 using Charmin rolls while wiping his ass after going through a bowl of Goldster chili.  When he signed a 3 year contract in 2008 his use of Charmin rolls dropped off significantly when he became a vegetarian. His playing also suffered as a result  in which the Bengals let his contract expire following the 2010 season. Jones retired in 2011 and is a self made millionaire from his investments in Charmin."

-FredToast
Reply/Quote
Dhani Jones would be the second best LB on this team.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 07:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Smart player who was below average physically. He replaced Caleb Miller, thus looked better by default. Dhani was on the street for 18 days after he was cut by the Saints during final roster cuts. That was the 2nd time he'd been cut in 5 months (he was released earlier by the Eagles). He wasn't getting interest and was mulling retirement when we came calling. I'd say he did a serviceable job overall for us and was a good mentor for Maualuga. Certainly nothing special though.

As a person, he seemed like a good guy though. Very likable.

There is a tendency on this forum to overrate physicality and underrate football smarts. That's why both Dhani and Crocker get dissed a lot. The simplest way to get the value of both to the D is that before Zimmer basically made Dhani the QB of the front 7 we had major problems with getting snookered by misdirection, taking bad angles and just broken plays and after he did it those issues almost totally disappeared. Ditto Crocker in the secondary. Both of them set the alignments of their respective units and both were excellent at getting players positioned properly for the play.

Part of our issue this season is that while Burflict had taken over that role in the front seven his suspension meant we did not have him for a while and he is rusty. Meanwhile there is no one doing that in the secondary. 
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 07:39 PM)Joelist Wrote: There is a tendency on this forum to overrate physicality and underrate football smarts. That's why both Dhani and Crocker get dissed a lot. The simplest way to get the value of both to the D is that before Zimmer basically made Dhani the QB of the front 7 we had major problems with getting snookered by misdirection, taking bad angles and just broken plays and after he did it those issues almost totally disappeared. Ditto Crocker in the secondary. Both of them set the alignments of their respective units and both were excellent at getting players positioned properly for the play.

Part of our issue this season is that while Burflict had taken over that role in the front seven his suspension meant we did not have him for a while and he is rusty. Meanwhile there is no one doing that in the secondary. 

I view smarts and physical skills (not physicality) as nearly equal in importance. Dhani brought stability with his ability to "QB" the defense, but he had the body of a washed up LB. So while he was useful, I think some overrate him because he brought stability and because he was such a likable guy. 

Fwiw, I was a bigger fan of Crocker than Dhani. Both very intelligent players, but I felt Crock had more in the tank when he signed.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Dhani Jones and Vinny Rey... both were/are just beasts out there for us
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 08:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I view smarts and physical skills (not physicality) as nearly equal in importance. Dhani brought stability with his ability to "QB" the defense, but he had the body of a washed up LB. So while he was useful, I think some overrate him because he brought stability and because he was such a likable guy. 

Fwiw, I was a bigger fan of Crocker than Dhani. Both very intelligent players, but I felt Crock had more in the tank when he signed.
I thought Crocker was that dude when he first came here. I don't remember who, but he just crushed a couple of guys. It did get comical at the end when the team just couldn't move on from him. He was like that reliable chick that you could just call up and she'd be knocking on your door not long after.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 08:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I view smarts and physical skills (not physicality) as nearly equal in importance. Dhani brought stability with his ability to "QB" the defense, but he had the body of a washed up LB. So while he was useful, I think some overrate him because he brought stability and because he was such a likable guy. 

I know. While overvaluing physicality isn't done by everyone we do have our share here. Dhani was definitely on his physical downside but his QBing the front 7 was more than adequate compensation. Especially when they started putting him in positions where he wasn't called on to range from side to side quickly. 
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 09:16 PM)jason Wrote: I thought Crocker was that dude when he first came here. I don't remember who, but he just crushed a couple of guys. It did get comical at the end when the team just couldn't move on from him. He was like that reliable chick that you could just call up and she'd be knocking on your door not long after.

I think he crushed Willie Parker or whoever was playing RB for the Steelers. Then Benson was punishing Steelers defenders. Those 2 wound up both being good pickups. Yeah Crock could pretty much do it all when he first got to Cincy. Good analogy for those last 2-3 years. I'm sure a year later he was probably still waiting by his phone confused like "why ain't they calling me yet?" lol.
Reply/Quote