Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Did AJ Green say "just trade me"?
(10-14-2020, 01:13 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Wrong, they were up two scores with a minute left and they had two TDs that should have counted that didn't.  If you think that game was close, you didn't watch.  The Bengals punted ONCE.  He called a great offensive game.  

Hilarious  It was Jacksonville bra. Jacksonville! Jacksonville!

If that is your measuring stick, I would love to borrow it for my Tinder account. 

We played a good football team this past Sunday. How did that go?
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2020, 01:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: One would have to believe that both Marvin, who was on the hot seat, and Taylor, who is also on the hot seat, are willing to throw away their careers with some grudge against Ross, to be sitting him just to sabotage him. Or, it could be that Ross just sucks. We all get that he's fast, but he can't be counted on to catch the ball.

I didn't say there is a grudge, but how about designing a dozen plays for him?  I know people on here hate him but he does offer something no one else does.  If Tate and company were getting open and lighting it up, you wouldn't hear a thing from me about Ross.  

I am not saying this to be snarky, but watch because I can almost bet this will happen:  Ross will end up on pitt, Balt, or a team like Seattle next year and he will make plays and be a valuable asset.  It is just like Gio....they don't have any idea how to use him.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2020, 02:12 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Hilarious  It was Jacksonville bra. Jacksonville! Jacksonville!

If that is your measuring stick, I would love to borrow it for my Tinder account. 

We played a good football team this past Sunday. How did that go?

Ok, if you sample size is going to be the most recent game, let's talk again after Indy.  
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2020, 04:57 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I am not saying this to be snarky, but watch because I can almost bet this will happen:  Ross will end up on pitt, Balt, or a team like Seattle next year and he will make plays and be a valuable asset.  It is just like Gio....they don't have any idea how to use him.  

Well, the Steelers managed to take speedy WR bust, Darius Heyward Bey, off the scrapheap and get something out of him, so I wouldn't rule it out.  Still, the notion that a player we give up on is going to make us regret it is a standard fear of any fanbase (see Burfict going to Pittsburgh and being a HOFer, or Jets fans currently freaking out that Bell is going to go to to a real team and light it up) is pretty standard stuff and doesn't often come to be.
Reply/Quote
Geoff Hobson
@GeoffHobsonCin
A.J. says he does want to be here after trade deadline: “I think we’re building something special here.”
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2020, 04:57 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I am not saying this to be snarky, but watch because I can almost bet this will happen:  Ross will end up on pitt, Balt, or a team like Seattle next year and he will make plays and be a valuable asset.  It is just like Gio....they don't have any idea how to use him.  

Coaching isn't going to change the fact that he drops the ball.

He reminds me of Ted Ginn, the raw talent and tools are there, but he just can't catch.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Full AJ video: https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/aj-green-health-frustration

AJ's answer to the 'trade me' thing to Troy is curious -

I don’t know if that’s accurate. I think they are just trying to reach for something...People are gonna say whatever. It was just a lot of frustration.”

Jerry
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 01:57 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

I’ll be rooting as hard as anyone for him.

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 02:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’ll be rooting as hard as anyone for him.

Yeah, it would be awesome to see AJ step up and be a factor at some point this season. What's concerning to me, even more than still being rusty and appearing to have lost a step or two, is the fact that he's still struggling with the offense itself...5 games in.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 02:33 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, it would be awesome to see AJ step up and be a factor at some point this season. What's concerning to me, even more than still being rusty and appearing to have lost a step or two, is the fact that he's still struggling with the offense itself...5 games in.

I think he's having a hard time not being the centerpiece of the offense. Burrow seems to have good repoire with Tyler Boyd, has quickly built chemistry with Tee Higgins, and of course Sample and Burrow worked out some even before training camp.

Burrow trusts those guys compared to AJ who got to Cincy late and missed most of training camp. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2020, 02:03 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: When has Zac Taylor proved to you he can effectively evaluate talent? Name 1 offensive skill player we have that is better because of Taylor's coaching. Marvin was defensive coach and all our O coordinators were underwhelming since Ross has been drafted.  Some coach may make Taylor look stupid after this season. As a matter of fact besides for Boyd every skill position player we have has regressed

Coordinators and HCs can't teach catching the ball...and he has quit on routes that led to INTs, been in the wrong place which led to INTs, and hasn't stayed healthy. That's on the player.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 02:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’ll be rooting as hard as anyone for him.

Maybe this lights a fire in his belly, when he plays angry, he has shown out. Hope he blows up Sunday.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
What it is, is this. People thought having AJ mentor John Ross would bolster Ross' confidence. Instead, Ross stole AJ's confidence. JOHN ROSS BROKE OUR AJ......  Ninja Ninja Ninja
Reply/Quote
A.J has had a great career as Bengal and is usually a class act. Seems like his skills have diminished and he’s upset about that. I don’t buy the learning the playbook thing A.J. is a veteran and was here last year with Taylor you would figure because he’s hurt all he could do is study the playbook. Tee Higgins is a rookie that had a Covid shorten training camp he seems to know the offense.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 01:57 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Coaching isn't going to change the fact that he drops the ball.

He reminds me of Ted Ginn, the raw talent and tools are there, but he just can't catch.

Ted Ginn has had multiple 700+ yard seasons.
While Ginn was never an elite WR1, putting up multiple 700+ yard seasons is on the WR2 tier.

If Ross can be that (he has put up 500+ yards last year in just 8 games), is that not worth playing on a team as a WR2/3?

People hold his draft slot too much against him IMO. It's irrelevant after his rookie contract, as it becomes strictly $$ focused.
And Ross has not done enough to be a $10+ mill receiver. I don't think he gets more than $5 mill a year. But whatever team signs him has a chance to get a good bang for their buck.

EDIT - Holy moly, I just now realized Ginn, like Ross, was the 9th overall pick. Spooky.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Pfft AJ didn’t say he wanted to be traded... he said he needed to be traded Ninja
Reply/Quote
OK, AJ, way to man up. Respect 
[Image: EkY7OikWkAEcr4n?format=jpg&name=900x900]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 04:54 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: OK, AJ, way to man up. Respect 
[Image: EkY7OikWkAEcr4n?format=jpg&name=900x900]

That’s much more like the old AJ.

Reply/Quote
I'm hoping he talked to Mike and Mike told him we want you here next year not sure concerning ZAC. the timing of this entire story is odd.
Reply/Quote