Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Did AJ Green say "just trade me"?
(10-13-2020, 01:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nah, it’s just this dude who clearly can’t throw a deep ball...

Dude has a very nice deep ball.....
Reply/Quote
Man, y'all highjacked the shit out of this thread.

At this point I think AJ will play out his contact and push on. He should be frustrated. Zac Taylor has no idea how to use him, but that's for a different thread.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 01:44 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Man, y'all highjacked the shit out of this thread.

At this point I think AJ will play out his contact and push on. He should be frustrated. Zac Taylor has no idea how to use him, but that's for a different thread.

ZT can't catch the ball for AJ. He can't run patterns for AJ. He can't make an effort to tackle on an Int. for AJ.He doesn't have a magic wand to make AJ's hammy that of a 23 year old.

Just curious but is there anything AJ should be doing for the Bengals?
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 03:32 PM)higgy100 Wrote: ZT can't catch the ball for AJ. He can't run patterns for AJ. He can't make an effort to tackle on an Int. for AJ.He doesn't have a magic wand to make AJ's hammy that of a 23 year old.

AJ also can't do anything if he isn't getting targets and the 1 he does get is 8 yds over his head into 3 guys
Reply/Quote
It does look like he says "just trade me," but I'm not buying that he gave-up on the ball or the effort to tackle the guy.

If you watch the replay, it looks like he either ran the wrong route or the ball was thrown to the wrong spot and he's just standing on the curl route and doesn't even see the ball go over his head until it's already over his head.

As for tackling, sure he could have done more, but do we really want our star receiver going into a meaningless pile when he has been injured lately.

Also, look at it: he runs towards the endzone, which, to me, is him saying "I'm not going to risk injury in this midfield group of players, so I'll just run back and be safety in case he actually breaks it big," which I'd rather him do. Why else would he even run at all if he were just giving up? If you remember when TO was here and would give up on routes, he'd just stop his rout and start walking.

I'm glad that AJ didn't risk injury and I appreciate him running back just in case the guy broke one long and AJ had to be the safety.

Having said all that, AJ has been here a long time and has been through a lot, so hopefully he sticks around after this year and we actually improve the team in the offseason to give him a shot at a playoff win because, with a fully healthy offseason, I think he can still produce, especially with a guy like Higgins opposite of him and Mixon keeping defenses honest.
Reply/Quote
A.J. Green...Officially, BENGALIZED!!!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 04:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It does look like he says "just trade me," but I'm not buying that he gave-up on the ball or the effort to tackle the guy.

If you watch the replay, it looks like he either ran the wrong route or the ball was thrown to the wrong spot and he's just standing on the curl route and doesn't even see the ball go over his head until it's already over his head.

As for tackling, sure he could have done more, but do we really want our star receiver going into a meaningless pile when he has been injured lately.

Also, look at it: he runs towards the endzone, which, to me, is him saying "I'm not going to risk injury in this midfield group of players, so I'll just run back and be safety in case he actually breaks it big," which I'd rather him do.  Why else would he even run at all if he were just giving up?  If you remember when TO was here and would give up on routes, he'd just stop his rout and start walking.

I'm glad that AJ didn't risk injury and I appreciate him running back just in case the guy broke one long and AJ had to be the safety.

Having said all that, AJ has been here a long time and has been through a lot, so hopefully he sticks around after this year and we actually improve the team in the offseason to give him a shot at a playoff win because, with a fully healthy offseason, I think he can still produce, especially with a guy like Higgins opposite of him and Mixon keeping defenses honest.

He definitely sees the ball coming. Slow it down and you can see him looking at it. He's not able to catch that ball, but the effort to tackle him after was pathetic. I watched it again in slo-mo and only thing I can muster for an excuse is he seen Higgins coming in from the left side of the camera. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 03:32 PM)higgy100 Wrote: ZT can't catch the ball for AJ. He can't run patterns for AJ. He can't make an effort to tackle on an Int. for AJ.He doesn't have a magic wand to make AJ's hammy that of a 23 year old.

The very next post for the win.

(10-13-2020, 03:49 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: AJ also can't do anything if he isn't getting targets and the 1 he does get is 8 yds over his head into 3 guys

Winner, winner chicken dinner!
Reply/Quote
Just remember the Bengals are paying Green +18 Million to lead block for the other team on an interception. You can’t make this shit up.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 09:45 AM)Fullrock Wrote: I honestly think AJ quit on this team Sunday, and I'm not talking about on the interception. I'm talking about the "hamstring injury." I don't think he was injured at all. Anyone listen to ZT's press conference yesterday? When he was asked if AJ's injury was to the same hamstring as in training camp, he got a smug look on his face and answered in a manner that led me to question the validity of his injury. Anyone else get that feeling when watching the press conference?
I think AJ quit on this team last year. He knew/knows ZT isn't a HC. He tried it this year for JoeB...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 05:23 PM)JSR18 Wrote: I think AJ quit on this team last year. He knew/knows ZT isn't a HC. He tried it this year for JoeB...

AJ didn't fake a injury he never had. Taylor faked the injury to salvage his ego. We were only down 20 when Taylor did this. The way amazing comebacks have been happening Taylor waved the white flag to save his ego.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 05:28 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: AJ didn't fake a injury he never had. Taylor faked the injury to salvage his ego. We were only down 20 when Taylor did this. The way amazing comebacks have been happening Taylor waved the white flag to save his ego.
I'm talking about last year. I'll always believe that had he wanted too, AJ could've played during the second half of the year.

Like it's been said before, we are witnessing AJ looking out for AJ. It's something we aren't used to and it's quite ugly...

The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 03:49 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: AJ also can't do anything if he isn't getting targets and the 1 he does get is 8 yds over his head into 3 guys

He's 27th in the league in Targets.  You can't seriously argue that he isn't being thrown the ball enough, especially with the terrible results he's had.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 04:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: If you remember when TO was here and would give up on routes, he'd just stop his rout and start walking.

TO also had 983 yards and 9 TDs that season...AJ's hasn't gotten close to that since 2015 or maybe 2017...oof. Time hurries on, and the leaves that are green turn to brown. AJ ain't a star no more.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 05:40 PM)JSR18 Wrote: I'm talking about last year. I'll always believe that had he wanted too, AJ could've played during the second half of the year.

Like it's been said before, we are witnessing AJ looking out for AJ. It's something we aren't used to and it's quite ugly...

That's fair. but at the same time why play at 80 percent when your on a 1 year deal. If a team was competing for a playoff spot it would be  understandable. Especially with Finley in he was straight trash.
Reply/Quote
Bengals top 5 paid players aren’t giving them anything this year.

That’s awful.
Reply/Quote

AJ is pretty used to passes 8 yards over his head. His doctor probably recommended he stop going for those...
Reply/Quote
Just want to make sure it's pointed out that AJ wouldn't be the first to give up on the Bengals and want out.

Honestly it's harder to find a great Bengal since Mike Brown took over who DIDN'T end up wanting out eventually.

The effort to make a tackle on the INT was pathetic, but while it's a new thing for AJ, it's not a new thing for the Bengals. Just don't want everyone to endlessly shit on AJ for quitting like they did with Carson. At some point there needs to be some reflection on WHY all these players are quitting and wanting out of here.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 07:50 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Just want to make sure it's pointed out that AJ wouldn't be the first to give up on the Bengals and want out.

Honestly it's harder to find a great Bengal since Mike Brown took over who DIDN'T end up wanting out eventually.

The effort to make a tackle on the INT was pathetic, but while it's a new thing for AJ, it's not a new thing for the Bengals. Just don't want everyone to endlessly shit on AJ for quitting like they did with Carson. At some point there needs to be some reflection on WHY all these players are quitting and wanting out of here.

Problem is, the reason AJ wants out is the team didn't cave to his demands for a multi year deal.
Reply/Quote
We need to have fire sale many have wanted for years.... too bad Mike Brown doesn't see the benefit of accumulating draft picks. He'd much rather watch his vets half-a** for 75% of the season. Gotta honor that contract right Mike?
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote