Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Did AJ Green say "just trade me"?
(10-13-2020, 12:12 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: By the time AJ is 20 yards downfield the o-line has allowed two free rushers into the backfield.

Well, that apparently isn't a factor to some people.  He at least tries to get free and make a play where Dalton was just tucking and dropping.  But you are right, obviously hard to hit accurate deep balls in, what, 3 or 4 seconds?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 12:12 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: By the time AJ is 20 yards downfield the o-line has allowed two free rushers into the backfield.

Murdock gets it. AJ is a perimeter deep threat with less speed than he used to have. That makes it difficult for him to be utilized with this Oline. He’s still a great receiver, much like Burrow is still a great QB despite the game against the Ravens. Both are suffering from a very bad Oline...
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 12:10 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Even if AJ wants to be traded, no one will take on that contract with his limited production this season.

Then add in basically the entire two seasons of no production before that.
Reply/Quote

Ravens blitzed corners all game and Zac never adjusted how is that AJ's fault? He adjusted by benching AJ genius move their.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 12:15 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Well, that apparently isn't a factor to some people.  He at least tries to get free and make a play where Dalton was just tucking and dropping.  But you are right, obviously hard to hit accurate deep balls in, what, 3 or 4 seconds?

Kind of worried some day that will be Burrow if they don't get him protection. It has to impact a guy when he is getting blown up play after play.

(10-13-2020, 12:15 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Murdock gets it. AJ is a perimeter deep threat with less speed than he used to have. That makes it difficult for him to be utilized with this Oline. He’s still a great receiver, much like Burrow is still a great QB despite the game against the Ravens. Both are suffering from a very bad Oline...

And sadly there is no immediate cure for that outside of firing Turner and completely changing the blocking scheme and offense to match that. I'm not sure the coaching staff is going to admit their wrong or make the change. 5 games should show you the issues.

(10-13-2020, 12:15 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Then add in basically the entire two seasons of no production before that.

Truth. Hard to shake off the rust and get back into a flow when the entire offense is out of synch. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 12:03 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Burrow looked awful against Ravens thats a fact. Burrow has looked awful all season with passes over 20 yards that is also a fact.

Burrow became the first rookie since 1950 with 60 pass attempts in a game without an interception. That’s a fact.

Burrow set a rookie record for completions in a game with 37. That’s a fact.

Burrow set a rookie record for 3 straight 300 yds games. That’s a fact.

Burrow has been the most sacked QB in the league (22). That’s a fact.

GET A GRIP!

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 12:16 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Ravens blitzed corners all game and Zac never adjusted how is that AJ's fault? He adjusted by benching AJ genius move their.

I'm not blaming A.J. 
I'm not blaming Burrow

I'm simply saying the O-line is a hot mess and not allowing for any type of offensive success. 
Blame the O-line... yes
Blame the coaches for not adjusting... yes
Blame the Front Office for not getting better FA's for the line once you invested in a 1OA QB.... yes

But stop saying this is a Burrow issue and that A.J. is just fine.

A.J. is showing his age and some rust. He is still a weapon though, just not the weapon from 3 years ago.
Burrow is a rookie QB playing well despite being killed behind a dumpster fire (which 5 dumpsters on fire would be better protection.)

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 12:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Burrow became the first rookie since 1950 with 60 pass attempts in a game without an interception. That’s a fact.

Burrow set a rookie record for completions in a game with 37. That’s a fact.

Burrow set a rookie record for 3 straight 300 yds games. That’s a fact.

Burrow has been the most sacked QB in the league (22). That’s a fact.

GET A GRIP!

He is great short and intermediate thrower. I never argued that. Herbert has looked better with similar Oline issues. Yet his deep ball has been accurate. Unless Herbert gets hurt. He wont even win rookie of the year now. Burrow isn't even top 16 QB right now. If he wasn't a rookie that would make him below average. Burrow holds the ball to long he admitted this. So some of the sacks are on him.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 12:08 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Try focusing on the fact if AJ goes 20 yards downfield he either wont get the ball or it will not be accurate.  That's actual reality

Did you watch a single down of Burrow from LSU? Do you think he just suddenly forgot how to throw a deep ball? Were his 60 TD’s and 5600 yds a bunch of dinking and dunking?

Or maybe, just maybe, has our OL been so bad he can’t complete anything down the field? And is it really not possible both AJ and Ross (who are supposed to be our deep threats) just suck? Burrow has missed a few. But to suggest they’ve all been poorly thrown is beyond ridiculous. A couple of them hit Tee Higgins in the hands ffs.

You’re straight up trolling at this point.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 12:26 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I'm not blaming A.J. 
I'm not blaming Burrow

I'm simply saying the O-line is a hot mess and not allowing for any type of offensive success. 
Blame the O-line... yes
Blame the coaches for not adjusting... yes
Blame the Front Office for not getting better FA's for the line once you invested in a 1OA QB.... yes

But stop saying this is a Burrow issue and that A.J. is just fine.

A.J. is showing his age and some rust. He is still a weapon though, just not the weapon from 3 years ago.
Burrow is a rookie QB playing well despite being killed behind a dumpster fire (which 5 dumpsters on fire would be better protection.)
Taylor is such a hot mess its hard to really gauge AJ you would admit that much right?
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 12:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Did you watch a single down of Burrow from LSU? Do you think he just suddenly forgot how to throw a deep ball? Were his 60 TD’s and 5600 yds a bunch of dinking and dunking?

Or maybe, just maybe, has our OL been so bad he can’t complete anything down the field? And is it really not possible both AJ and Ross (who are supposed to be our deep threats) just suck? Burrow has missed a few. But to suggest they’ve all been poorly thrown is beyond ridiculous. A couple of them hit Tee Higgins in the hands ffs.

Quit responding to my posts please I have blocked you.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 12:15 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Murdock gets it. AJ is a perimeter deep threat with less speed than he used to have. That makes it difficult for him to be utilized with this Oline. He’s still a great receiver, much like Burrow is still a great QB despite the game against the Ravens. Both are suffering from a very bad Oline...

But he’s not though. And that pains me to say, as he’s one of my top 3 favorite Bengals ever along with Chad and Whit, but 5 games is plenty enough of a sample size. He’s washed.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 12:31 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Taylor is such a hot mess its hard to really gauge AJ you would admit that much right?

I would say partially yes. The play calling and line play has been ugly, but you also have to be able to look at the game and see that A.J. isn't as explosive as he used to be and that is to be expected, he hasn't played in 2 seasons. 

But if you are saying you can't gauge A.J. due to Taylor, you have to be really impressed with the numbers of the QB who is managing to still put up numbers (outside of Baltimore) with the same bad line and coach.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 12:28 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: He is great short and intermediate thrower. I never argued that. Herbert has looked better with similar Oline issues. Yet his deep ball has been accurate. Unless Herbert gets hurt. He wont even win rookie of the year now. Burrow isn't even top 16 QB right now. If he wasn't a rookie that would make him below average. Burrow holds the ball to long he admitted this. So some of the sacks are on him.

[Image: 200.gif]

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 12:35 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I would say partially yes. The play calling and line play has been ugly, but you also have to be able to look at the game and see that A.J. isn't as explosive as he used to be and that is to be expected, he hasn't played in 2 seasons. 

But if you are saying you can't gauge A.J. due to Taylor, you have to be really impressed with the numbers of the QB who is managing to still put up numbers (outside of Baltimore) with the same bad line and coach.

I'm impressed. I'm also concerned Taylor won't change and now every team will do what Ravens did. If Burrow can't hit a long pass the D will have no reason to change now he has pissed off a still explosive weapon in AJ without AJ or Ross it will only get worse. No reason whatsoever that we should have Boyd, Tee, AJ, Ross as our 4 main receivers. Thomas, Tate, and Erickson are bottom of the roster guys that shouldn't be playing over those 4
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 12:35 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I would say partially yes. The play calling and line play has been ugly, but you also have to be able to look at the game and see that A.J. isn't as explosive as he used to be and that is to be expected, he hasn't played in 2 seasons. 

And Boyd.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 12:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: 200.gif]
quit responding to my posts please. Your opinion doesn't matter to me. why would you want to keep conversating with someone who doesn't care what you have to say?  It says something about your maturity
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 12:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And Boyd.

Yes, certainly Boyd and there is a good early signs on Clemson University's own Tee Higgins.  Smirk

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 12:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Did you watch a single down of Burrow from LSU? Do you think he just suddenly forgot how to throw a deep ball? Were his 60 TD’s and 5600 yds a bunch of dinking and dunking?

Bad OL and no real down field threats at WR.  The longest catch for a WR so far this year has been 30 yards by Tee.  We are really poorly equipped from a personnel standpoint to push the ball downfield.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 12:52 PM)Whatever Wrote: Bad OL and no real down field threats at WR.  The longest catch for a WR so far this year has been 30 yards by Tee.  We are really poorly equipped from a personnel standpoint to push the ball downfield.

Nah, it’s just this dude who clearly can’t throw a deep ball...

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reply/Quote