Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Did AJ Green say "just trade me"?
(10-12-2020, 02:09 PM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2 What if the Bengals offered AJ Green and will pay 4 mil in cash for the Texans back-up or swing OT. Whoever that is HAS to be better than Bobby Hart.

Cutting Hart's salary leaves the Bengals not hurting so bad from the 4 mil...

I don't think the Texans would be looking to move any OL.  I know Deshaun Watson was either right ahead or right behind Joe Burrow in sacks going into week 5 (either most sacked, or 3rd most sacked, Burrow was 2nd).

I think their primary goal is similar to ours right now; trying to keep their QB healthy.  They just paid him a boatload of money.

I don't know, I just can't see any team taking on Green's salary, even with us picking up a hypothetical 4 mil.  That would still mean 8.5 mil right now, and still around 4 mil come the deadline.

I really don't think he has any value right now.  And the only way that changes is if he somehow starts putting up some numbers.  If that were to happen, then maybe a team brings him in for the 2nd half.  But until then I think there's zero chance.
Reply/Quote
Sitting him was an interesting choice, but he hasn’t shown any desire to really do much this year.

It seems most the Marvin vets are disgruntled right now. Mike Thomas over AJ Green. Bledsoe over Dunlap. Backups over Geno Atkins.

It feels they are being phased out, and I’m not sure whether that’s good or bad to be honest.
Reply/Quote
Maybe he was talking about Pokeman cards.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 12:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The “effort” after the pick was pathetic. He’s clearly playing afraid as to not re-injure himself.

His effort all season has been pathetic.  It is like he and Dunlap are tied to the "old" regime and aren't buying in to the new team.  If Green could pass a physical, I would trade him and Dunlap for any decent draft pick I could get.  Ditto Ross, as they seem to be content fielding 4 WRs with the same basic skill set.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 04:41 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: His effort all season has been pathetic.  It is like he and Dunlap are tied to the "old" regime and aren't buying in to the new team.  If Green could pass a physical, I would trade him and Dunlap for any decent draft pick I could get.  Ditto Ross, as they seem to be content fielding 4 WRs with the same basic skill set.  

Maybe they could get a 2037 6th rounder for him.

Reply/Quote
Nobody is trading for Green. That ship sailed when they turned down trade offers last season.

WJIII is our only real trade piece for a high pick. Ross could be had for about the same as someone would give for Green (if they could handle the salary).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Trade me? For what? They wont get shit for him now. AJ has been spent / done/ cooked for 3 years now... I say bench him the rest of the year maybe see if anyone is dumb enough to give anything up for the has been..
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 05:54 PM)jj22 Wrote: Nobody is trading for Green. That ship sailed when they turned down trade offers last season.

WJIII is our only real trade peace for a high pick. Ross could be had for about the same as someone would give for Green (if they could handle the salary).

We should definitely not be looking to trade WJ3. That would just create another huge need at a premium position.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 12:28 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: The interception was 8 yards over his head by the time he was aware it was picked guy was on other side of field. You guys are ridiculous have fun watching garbage Taylor coach next week cause I wont be.

What is wrong with you guys! That has nothing to do with it. He looked like he was trying to block for the guy after the pick.. He really hurt himself with this BS lack of effort trying to tackle. AJ just showed everyone that AJ is about only AJ...
Reply/Quote
Here we go, just found this gem on YahooSports :

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/j-green-patriots-bengals-wr-004617140.html
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 01:39 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I don't have time for your ignorant attacks im blocking you have a nice life

He was 100% right about you, might as well block me too.  You pretty much lost me when you suggested the Seahawks could use AJ.  You better inform the WR corps of Seattle because they're tearing it up.  Nice reasoning there.  And as far blocking Wes goes, the truth hurts, huh?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I honestly think AJ quit on this team Sunday, and I'm not talking about on the interception. I'm talking about the "hamstring injury." I don't think he was injured at all. Anyone listen to ZT's press conference yesterday? When he was asked if AJ's injury was to the same hamstring as in training camp, he got a smug look on his face and answered in a manner that led me to question the validity of his injury. Anyone else get that feeling when watching the press conference?
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 12:26 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Seahawks have Metcalf and Lockett, Texans 1-4 in cap hell with no draft picks. New England makes some sense but I can’t see them paying him that much money.

If there were an interested team, I would be willing to eat a LOT of his salary (it is only this year) for a higher draft pick.  Sort of like just buying a draft pick. 
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 09:45 AM)Fullrock Wrote: I honestly think AJ quit on this team Sunday, and I'm not talking about on the interception. I'm talking about the "hamstring injury." I don't think he was injured at all. Anyone listen to ZT's press conference yesterday? When he was asked if AJ's injury was to the same hamstring as in training camp, he got a smug look on his face and answered in a manner that led me to question the validity of his injury. Anyone else get that feeling when watching the press conference?

I don't know. I'm having a hard time reading this one. AJ's history would point to it being a valid injury, probably the same one he's been nursing all along. What we are seeing is frustration that he can't get healthy. On the other hand, he flat out quit on the interception. He couldn't have caught that ball, but he looked like a blocker for the DB. AJ has earned a lot of faith and good will, but it's running our quickly.
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping against hope AJ gets traded so then you will know definitively AJ wasn't the problem Zac was. The faster we get rid of Zac the better.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 11:33 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't know. I'm having a hard time reading this one. AJ's history would point to it being a valid injury, probably the same one he's been nursing all along. What we are seeing is frustration that he can't get healthy. On the other hand, he flat out quit on the interception. He couldn't have caught that ball, but he looked like a blocker for the DB. AJ has earned a lot of faith and good will, but it's running our quickly.

History would point to his own words that he wasn't actually hurt on Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 11:38 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I'm hoping against hope AJ gets traded so then you will know definitively AJ wasn't the problem Zac was. The faster we get rid of Zac the better.

AJ is definitely the problem. He has not been able to get separation, which is what he does (did) best. He also seemingly is struggling with the new offense. None of that is Taylor's fault. Only question is why, health or attitude.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 11:40 AM)Sled21 Wrote: AJ is definitely the problem. He has not been able to get separation, which is what he does (did) best. He also seemingly is struggling with the new offense. None of that is Taylor's fault. Only question is why, health or attitude.

Maybe Zac isn't calling the proper route tree for AJ to be successful. Maybe he doesn't want a legit deep threat because it exposes Burrow's lack of deep ball accuracy.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 11:42 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Maybe Zac isn't calling the proper route tree for AJ to be successful. Maybe he doesn't want a legit deep threat because it exposes Burrow's lack of deep ball accuracy.

Reaching much?
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 11:42 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Maybe Zac isn't calling the proper route tree for AJ to be successful. Maybe he doesn't want a legit deep threat because it exposes Burrow's lack of deep ball accuracy.

Maybe AJ is just old and can’t play anymore.

Boyd and Tee are having no problems making plays.

Reply/Quote