Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Did AJ Green say "just trade me"?
(10-12-2020, 12:36 PM)Whatever Wrote: His half assing it may be passive aggressive resistance towards the FT.

I've also played team sports with guys that will feign injury when they struggle so they have an excuse for playing poorly and can hopefully get pulled out of the game.

The only way AJ has of getting a last contract is to prove to teams he can still play. He can't do that by feigning injury. He is not healed, and may never be. Bottom line. He knows it, that's why he is looking dejected.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 12:31 PM)Au165 Wrote: You'd be surprised how desperate teams get around the deadline. Muhammad Sanu went for a 2nd last year, although he did have a 2nd year on the contract (that they later regretted). That said, I could see a 4th/5th on the table for him come the deadline of someone looking for some sort of help since there is little left in FA to offset a potential injury.

Agree teams get crazy Sanu also wasn’t making close to what Green is making this year. I think if Green had big production a team might trade for him. Greens biggest issue is he’s making a ton of money, has no production and has a injury history and just got hurt again vs Baltimore. It’s multiple factors not just one. I take anything for him because he’s gone after the season or should be.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 12:45 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Agree teams get crazy Sanu also wasn’t making close to what Green is making this year. I think if Green had big production a team might trade for him. Greens biggest issue is he’s making a ton of money, has no production and has a injury history and just got hurt again vs Baltimore. It’s multiple factors not just one. I take anything for him because he’s gone after the season or should be.

Money is really irrelevant in this case if the owner doesn't care. The salary cap for this year is basically spent for most teams outside of making a trade to push for the postseason. If a team thinks AJ can help them make the playoffs like in the two scenarios I mentioned above, the money is irrelevant in the discussion. 
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 12:47 PM)Au165 Wrote: Money is really irrelevant in this case if the owner doesn't care. The salary cap for this year is basically spent for most teams outside of making a trade to push for the postseason. If a team thinks AJ can help them make the playoffs like in the two scenarios I mentioned above, the money is irrelevant in the discussion. 

I see other teams looking at this as a "Chad Johnson to NE" type deal. Won't work out.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 12:45 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Agree teams get crazy Sanu also wasn’t making close to what Green is making this year. I think if Green had big production a team might trade for him. Greens biggest issue is he’s making a ton of money, has no production and has a injury history and just got hurt again vs Baltimore. It’s multiple factors not just one. I take anything for him because he’s gone after the season or should be.

Some of us on this board were in the minority last yr when we said to trade him now before his stock drops and start fresh with Joe B and release $$ to add to the OL line.  We all loved AJ back in the day but those days haven't been around for along long while....STOP CLINGING TO DAMAGED GOODS THAT USED TO BE GOOD OR AT LEAST SERVICABLE!! This is another example of Mike B being too loyal.....sorry to say.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 12:48 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I see other teams looking at this as a "Chad Johnson to NE" type deal. Won't work out.

It all comes down to "what options do we have". A team like the Eagles or Washington have a shot to win a division and they desperately need WR help. Now maybe a team makes a better option available before the deadline, but if not sometimes it simply is supply and demand and there is always demand at the deadline.
Reply/Quote
I thought after we got rid of Chad we quit judging our WRs on how well they tackle.

As to the whole Milli Vanilli I'll wait to hear what he says.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 12:47 PM)Au165 Wrote: Money is really irrelevant in this case if the owner doesn't care. The salary cap for this year is basically spent for most teams outside of making a trade to push for the postseason. If a team thinks AJ can help them make the playoffs like in the two scenarios I mentioned above, the money is irrelevant in the discussion. 

Agree but Green has multiple problems not just money. Biggest being he’s not producing at all and has an extensive injury history and he just got hurt again this week.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 12:49 PM)Au165 Wrote: It all comes down to "what options do we have". A team like the Eagles or Washington have a shot to win a division and they desperately need WR help. Now maybe a team makes a better option available before the deadline, but if not sometimes it simply is supply and demand and there is always demand at the deadline.

And do you really see any other team looking at AJ's play this year and thinking he can do anything to save them. He's taking up space on the field at this point. He may get it together, he may not, but from what he's shown so far I can't imagine any serious interest.
Reply/Quote
It’s not the first questionable effort we’ve seen from AJ lately. Remember the play where Burrow rolled out against JAX and tried to hit AJ (which would probably have been 6), but AJ either runs like an old woman now, or he gave up on the play. Not sure which would be worse.

Reply/Quote
He has done nothing the last 3 years.

Bye felicia
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 12:19 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Seahawks, Patriots, Texans. I have a feeling the rest of the NFL doesn't see him as washed up as our fan base does

---The Seahawks have Tyler Lockett and DK Metcalf.  Not to mention, they have Josh Gordon stashed on their roster.  They currently sit at 3.8 million dollars in cap space. 

AJ Green is still due over 12 million dollars.  They don't need him, and can't afford him.

---The Texans only have 8 million dollars in cap space.  They've squandered draft picks, and have the weakest draft capital of any team in the NFL right now.  They're currently 1-4 and just fired their head coach and GM.

They can't afford him, they can't afford to move picks, and they've most likley have little to play for this season.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 12:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tee was the #1 guy at Clemson last year, and he’s shown some nice flashes so far. It would be great to add a Chase or a Waddle, but unfortunately I just don’t think we have that luxury. Not when our QB is literally running for his life, and our RB is met in the backfield half the time.

We need both, honestly.  The OL stinks, but the WR group also really hurts.  For example, no matter how good the OL is, there are always going to be times the D brings more guys than you can block.  You need guys to win quick on their routes in those circumstances and ours aren't doing a good job of it.  The lack of deep threats also lets DC's be much more aggressive with the blitz, which compounds the problem.

Personally, they can't wait til the draft to fix the OL.  They need to address it in FA.  COVID may impact next year's off-season and they need vets they know can play at the NFL level, not draft and develop prospects, which almost all OL prospects are now.  Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't complain if we drafted Sewell, but I doubt we will be in a position to.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 12:19 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Seahawks, Patriots, Texans. I have a feeling the rest of the NFL doesn't see him as washed up as our fan base does

Regardless of their feelings on if he's washed up or not. I think the Patriots are the only team out of those three that could actually afford him.

Cap Space
Seahawks: $4.6m
Patriots: $26.8m
Texans: $8m

AJ Green had an $18m base salary this year. 5 games have passed, so the Bengals have already paid out $5.6m leaving $12.4m for any team that'd trade for him. So only the Pats of those 3 even have the cap space for such a move.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 01:16 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: He has done nothing the last 3 years.

Bye felicia

Not entirely accurate. He was balling out the first half of 2018 before he got hurt.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 01:17 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: ---The Seahawks have Tyler Lockett and DK Metcalf.  Not to mention, they have Josh Gordon stashed on their roster.  They currently sit at 3.8 million dollars in cap space. 

AJ Green is still due over 12 million dollars.  They don't need him, and can't afford him.

---The Texans only have 8 million dollars in cap space.  They've squandered draft picks, and have the weakest draft capital of any team in the NFL right now.  They're currently 1-4 and just fired their head coach and GM.

They can't afford him, they can't afford to move picks, and they've most likley have little to play for this season.

Now, I'm going to ask an honest question.  It may seem harsh (because it is),  but at the same time, it's completely fair.

Do you put any thought behind your posts?

Has it ever occured to you that maybe you should do an ounce of research before spewing complete bs?  Or better yet, could you realize that you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about, and just sit out a discussion where you have literally nothing to offer?

I don't, man.  I've never seen someone so confidently present complete bs as meaningful contribution.  Have you no shame?

I don't have time for your ignorant attacks im blocking you have a nice life
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 12:06 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I'm not sold on the lip reading thing. Not at all. And to take it a step further, that pass way WAY over his head. I dont think he couldve knocked it out of the DBs hands. I think AJ was surprised the DB jumped up and caught it to be honest. It just wasnt a good pass or even close. Burrow threw it basically falling back with a defender about to hit him. Terrible pass.
I'm not getting into the mind reading on AJ Green either.   I can say that most NFL Players ready to hit Free Agency hate when the one year Franchise Tag is thrown on them.  I can say this because players have said this.   Lets face it, Green did not risk playing and injury last year, and Dave Lapham mentioned Green running great in practices only to sit out all 2019 games.  On this site many of you were cool with that in 2019, saying why should Green risk an injury for this team and many agreed he was smart to save himself for free agency. THEN CAME THE FRANCHISE TAG.  

I would think the Franchise Tag has some rules to it.  That if you Tag a player to keep him from going free agency one more year, I would think The Players Union has some regulations on the team owners. I would think regulations on trading a player you kept from going free agent with a one year franchise tag might be in the Union Agreement somewhere.  It could be The Franchise Tag limits trading said Tagged Player.  If a team lets a contract run out, and a player is all set to see what he can get in free agency, but then the team tags him one more year, then I would think Players Union would have court case issues on that player traded by Ownership after depriving him free agency. 

We have 11 more games of AJ Green.  His franchise tag already used. When it was clear Green and Dalton contracts were up, I said on here Fine, draft Burrow and use Green/ Dalton money to get some blockers for Burrow and some Defense.  They got Burrow, they did not get blockers.  Paying Green one more year and denying his chance to go free agent, that money may have been better spent on adding blockers to improve worst O Line in NFL and protecting Top Pick Joe Heisman.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 01:39 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I don't have time for your ignorant attacks im blocking you have a nice life

Yeah, Wes stop being ignorant!

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 01:17 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: ---The Seahawks have Tyler Lockett and DK Metcalf.  Not to mention, they have Josh Gordon stashed on their roster.  They currently sit at 3.8 million dollars in cap space. 

WhoDey2 What if the Bengals offered AJ Green and will pay 4 mil in cash for the Texans back-up or swing OT. Whoever that is HAS to be better than Bobby Hart.

Cutting Hart's salary leaves the Bengals not hurting so bad from the 4 mil...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
AJ Green is aged.
AJ Green has injury issues in consecutive seasons.
AJ Green has shown a lack of effort and/or ability at times, this year.
AJ Green is expensive.
AJ Green has not produced much once all the above has come into alignment.

Now, we can take on or two of these and a team may be willing to do something to get him. Putting together more than that, if not all of them, does not make other teams line up at the door for him. He was worth more before the season, and easily more to the Bengals, hence the tag. It seems to be a mistake. Wouldn't be the first time.
Reply/Quote