Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Andy have the worst offensive supporting cast?
(03-02-2018, 03:09 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Oh, man, YES!!!! That's what I'm saying. Broken plays happen, right? I mean, no matter how good a line is, they happen. Like, if the coaches aren't putting in a plan for busted plays (especially when they knew the line was struggling), why isn't Andy leading that conversation/initiative???? How hard is it for him to go to the skill guys and be like, "This is what we're doing on scrambles."? Like, is that a season 8 thing? Holy shit!

Yeah man.....I'm not sure who the onus is totally on there, but if the coaching staff can't get that shit together, then Andy ABSOLUTELY needs to get something going with it.  I mean it's the scramble drill FFS!

To me, Dalton was the best under good coordinators.  The whole Zampese era just looked like the Keystone Cops out there to me.  There didn't seem to be any direction.  I'm hoping Lazor can clean that up after a whole offseason with his schemes and playcalling.  I'm hoping that the new OL coach can get that mess ironed out.  I'm hoping Van Pelt can get Andy's head back where it needs to be.  I'm hoping he goes back to work some with House.  Hell, I'm hoping a lot....it's the Bengals we're talking about after all....lol.

One thing that irked me about this team under Marv....why do they almost always wilt under the bright lights?  The Hill fumble, the Pacman/Burfict fiasco, the missed opportunities from our QBs, bad defense, bad offense, bad special teams at times, I mean, we've ran the gamut.  The only people who have shown up in the post season has been Cedric Benson and the defense after the hit to Gio in the 2015 playoff game (they weren't very good up to the point, I guess that finally lit a fire).  Even the coaches have choked....using AJ Green as a decoy?  WTF?  Abandoning BJGE against SD in 2013 when we were still within striking distance in the 3rd qtr?  Again, WTF?  Just so much fail.....and it's usually a combination of things.  It's just crazy.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 02:28 PM)PDub80 Wrote: People are talking about Andy's supporting cast and I'm like, put Ben on the Bengals and Andy on the Steelers and, other than date rape statistics, the Bengals are way better. They crush the Steelers. CRUSH THEM.

This is total BS.

Steelers have won MULTIPLE playoff games where Ben had a passer rating worse than any of Andy's postseason games.

2010  beat Jets with Ben's 35.5 passer rating
2006  won Super Bowl with Ben's 22.6 rating
2004  beat Jets with Ben's 57.8 rating

In those three postseason wins Benaveraged 145 passing yards with one td and 6 interceptions.

If you look at just the period since Dalton came into the league in 2011 the Steelers have had 6 players (not counting Ben) account for 12 All Pro selections and 13 players account for 28 Pro Bowl selections.  Four of the six All Pro's were on offense and all 4 have been selected All Pro MULTIPLE times.  

During that same period (not counting Dalton) the Bengals have had 3 players account for 4 All Pro Selections.  The only one on offense was Whit and he was only selected once.  The bengals have had 12 players selected to the Pro Bowl, but 3 of those were special teams players (Huber, Peerman, Clark Harris) and only 4 on offense.  (Green, Whit, Gresham, eifert)
Reply/Quote