Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Cincinnati Fans boo Dalton at a charity event?
(07-13-2015, 01:06 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: The whole team tends to choke in the spotlight.....  Booing wont motivate many players.

Sure it will, it motivated our last QB to bail on the town.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 08:18 PM)McC Wrote: Classless, for sure.  But I don't know that this is just a Cincinnati thing.  Seems more like an international fan thing.  Right or wrong, this is just the way it is in sports now.

Kansas City did it to Cassell back when he was there.

I wonder if he also hit two dingers, he was a Rockies draft pick.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 08:40 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Sure it will, it motivated our last QB to bail on the town.

I'm 99% sure Palmer wanted off the Mike/Marvin express.  Still, booing a dude at a charity event is crap.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 08:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Weather or not it is just a Cincinnati thing, is inconsequential.  To read some of the posters, they claim that we are the best, most loyal fan base in the league.  I find that really hard to believe. 

How about we just ask Carson Palmer, and Andy Dalton's wives how they feel about the fan base?

They don't represent the typical Cincinnati fan.  Assholes just get more attention.  Does a relative handful of fans speak for us all? 

What we have now is freedom of speech on steroids.  And then one extension of that is that some people feel entitled to be douches.

Everywhere you go is pretty much like everywhere you go.  Mostly good people and some who shouldn't be allowed out in public.

It was Cincinnati, yes.  But it could have been anywhere.  Cincinnati has no copyright on such behavior.  Bad behavior is universal, just like good behavior.

Yeah, there is guilt by association going on, fair or not. 
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 08:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Weather or not it is just a Cincinnati thing, is inconsequential.  To read some of the posters, they claim that we are the best, most loyal fan base in the league.  I find that really hard to believe. 

How about we just ask Carson Palmer, and Andy Dalton's wives how they feel about the fan base?

Really, it goes all the way back to Kenny Anderson...who the fans cheered loudly when he went down with injury, while his wife was sitting in the stands...which prompted Kenny to dub the fan base as "classless" at that time...3 and half decades ago! Mellow
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 07:45 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I don't really care about the booing. I'm not someone that boos at sporting events. What did bother me, was Dalton's response. "It doesn't matter." Pretty much sums up his entire career to this point. Just once I'd like to see some fire or bravado from this guy. He should have said "Yeah it ticked me off and I'm going to shut up all the critics by playing the best football of my life this season." That's a QB that I could support and can lead a team, but hey "it doesn't matter"

Same here. I've never booed the guy. I'll boo us punting on a 4th and inches at the opponents 39 yard line, or some head-up-his-ass call by an official, or even ass-clownery by a player on an opposing team, but never one of our own players. Just seems silly. But, if you're going to boo him, it doesn't seem a lot to ask that it be kept to when he's between the white lines at PBS.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Really, it goes all the way back to Kenny Anderson...who the fans cheered loudly when he went down with injury, while his wife was sitting in the stands...which prompted Kenny to dub the fan base as "classless" at that time...3 and half decades ago!  We  

I recall the fans doing this to our HOF QB Kenny Anderson..............was young but I remember feeling so bad for him laying there while the hometown so-called fans cheered because he was hurt and would be have to come out of the game..........like  A- Hole Philly fans who hate everybody and everything.

Andy donated his time to be a good sport and most importantly support our beautiful hometown and the REDS.........what a team player........we should be thanking him with open arms

To have some miserable, bitter missing links show up downtown and open the big hole below their noses and blow air to show their displeasure for AD in front of the whole world makes me want to puke.

Kenny and Andy are winners at life and football............ill take them both all year, every year.
Reply/Quote
Both #14s have drawn ire from our fanbase.

Kenny's play at the end of his career despite fans desire and the team's attempts to supplant him are why we love him.
I have brought up numerous times my father compares the 2 14s often bringing up fans cheering Anderson's injury at home to get the
throwing Samoan in the game.
Ridiculous.

Andy still has time to win people over.
But I do agree the classless group has been around forever but they are in every town.
All Andy has to do to go from ridiculed to adored is get us over that playoff hump and further.

I think he will get there.
Reply/Quote
Happened to catch a bit of this game last night. When Andy came to bat, it sounded to me like a few boos mixed in with a bunch of cheers. Didn't see the introductions but when he batted for the first time, it was nothing.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
It never fails - even when you got to the Bengals game, or actually any organized sports game - there's always that one or two people you wish weren't there. Always will be a "that guy" there. Now - if "that guy" gets several hundred people to tell him to shut his classless ass up - but that will never happen either! I may just have talked myself into not making the trip from Fl to take in a game this year just because it's a real effort to have to deal with "that guy".
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 11:57 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: Hopefully it'll motivate him to play better so he won't get booed it's not Cincy fans fault he's choked in the spotlight it's his own fault

Booing Dalton at a charity event is just plain ignorant.  Period.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2015, 08:26 AM)JADefense Wrote: Booing Dalton at a charity event is just plain ignorant.  Period.

[Image: th?id=JN.mrstb%2fqaNTPAoVuK4ccNug&pid=15.1&P=0]
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 07:45 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I don't really care about the booing. I'm not someone that boos at sporting events. What did bother me, was Dalton's response. "It doesn't matter." Pretty much sums up his entire career to this point. Just once I'd like to see some fire or bravado from this guy. He should have said "Yeah it ticked me off and I'm going to shut up all the critics by playing the best football of my life this season." That's a QB that I could support and can lead a team, but hey "it doesn't matter"

Except since Dalton has more class in his little finger than some of these "fans", he took the high road.  He would have probably liked to say "It doesn't matter since it's coming from a bunch of fans with the intelligence of a flea" but he chose to be the class act that he always is.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2015, 08:36 AM)JADefense Wrote: Except since Dalton has more class in his little finger than some of these "fans", he took the high road.  He would have probably liked to say "It doesn't matter since it's coming from a bunch of fans with the intelligence of a flea" but he chose to be the class act that he always is.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this

I would have no issue if we had said something to put the hecklers in their place as their actions gave him multiple options to trash the idiots that booed and those who with time to think about it, take the side of those who booed him at a charity game.

He is fair game on the field, but it makes no sense when he off the field representing the team and us the fans.

On a side note, this is how I understand AD spent and will spend the last weeks of his vacation prior to the season starting:

After mandatory camp, flew to California and spent a week with Tom House working on mechanics. Then, he comes to Cincinnati (He lives in Texas) to participate and help raise money for charity at the All-Star events. My understanding he is then heading back to California to spend another week working with Tom House.

I understand some fans hate the QB, but this man has work ethic and a drive to be a better QB. Some of the QB's do nothing but rest in the off season. I am a strong believer hard work pays off and thus I see AD continuing to get better because he works at it.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
When i watched it there wasnt overwhelming boos or anything. at least not at his first at bat.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 10:31 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Same here.  I've never booed the guy.  I'll boo us punting on a 4th and inches at the opponents 39 yard line, or some head-up-his-ass call by an official, or even ass-clownery by a player on an opposing team, but never one of our own players.  Just seems silly.  But, if you're going to boo him, it doesn't seem a lot to ask that it be kept to when he's between the white lines at PBS.

I am like you, but there is one thing that will get me to boo a player.  Lack of effort.  Even if a guy has a total crap game I won't boo him unless he is being lazy or not trying.  And even in Dalton's worst games I have never seen any siugn of him not giving his full effort.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2015, 10:31 AM)fredtoast Wrote: And even in Dalton's worst games I have never seen any siugn of him not giving his full effort.

Which is why I have NO idea how some people think Andy has a motivation issue and that he can become motivated to be a better player by this kind of shit.

Andy is trying 110% out there and definitely giving full effort, I don't know how anybody could see otherwise. Sometimes he's just really bad when he's trying. Other times, he's really good. When he's bad, it's not because he isn't motivated, he just has bad days and makes poor decisions at times for reasons that none of us really know.

What we DO know is that there doesn't seem to be a motivation issue whatsoever.
Reply/Quote
Maybe Marv stepped onto the field when Andy was batting. Big Grin
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2015, 10:47 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Maybe Marv stepped onto the field when Andy was batting.  Big Grin

Boooooo, bring back the 90s! Ninja
Reply/Quote
Maybe the crowd was just saying "boo-urns."

[Image: I-was-saying-boo-urns.jpg]

See?
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote